Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautifully put. There are very few fair and unbiased news coverage outlets and articles now, as anything Tesla that is negative seems to get crazy clicks. Amazing how the media that once wholeheartedly supported Tesla is indifferent at best, and borderline hostile at worst in today's time.
I noticed the same thing where I live. Car experts on the radio suggesting all other brands except Tesla. Car press praising the new MachE with no nodge to the Y. Radio bashing EV cars one morning only to praise the new Chevy Bolt the next.

This is happening everywhere. This is what marketing money will do. Bash Tesla, praise whoever pays your bills. Journalistic integrity went awol a long time ago.

I’d try snd get closer to what you have into it and not eat the tax.

if I had to wager I think the LR will hold up considerably better on the secondary market. It’s nearly as fast as the outgoing performance model, better everywhere else (suspension, interior, etc)and the same price bracket. There’s just a lot of buyers in that range.

As much as I love the plaid, my biggest gripe is it just doesn’t feel “special “ to me. It’s undoubtedly amazing in a lot of ways, but personally wish for the price, it had more differentiating features.
Well, I think you have your answer then. It’s an emotional decision and emotion trumps logic every time. Doesn’t matter one bit, it’s your money. But I can’t quite picture what advice the forum could give that would influence your decision.

I noticed the same thing where I live. Car experts on the radio suggesting all other brands except Tesla. Car press praising the new MachE with no nodge to the Y. Radio bashing EV cars one morning only to praise the new Chevy Bolt the next.

This is happening everywhere. This is what marketing money will do. Bash Tesla, praise whoever pays your bills. Journalistic integrity went awol a long time ago.
EXACTLY! Especially since Tesla doesn't pay for advertising, they have no benefit to portray them in a positive manner. So they do the opposite............

I have FSD, not sure how that's related to the Audio 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Last night I spent some time listening. The sub portion of audio is significantly boosted by this new slider. If there's a 2nd sub, I wouldn't be surprised. The garage door was closed so I didn't want to open the hatch and inspect.
The car definitely picked up a few rattles with very bass heavy audio tests with the new slider. So this new slider has presented some problems in my deck lid. Im going to have to chase down the rattles in the deck lid now lol
@Muzzman1 I have FSD also. No Sub slider and no haptic feedback improvements after my 2021.32.5 load three days ago. Yes, I rebooted....

Can someone post a link to the latest MS tracking sheet, not finding it - thanks

Dynotest
Do tell please
Open up controls, tap on software, press and hold on "Model S" for about 10 sec then release. Type "dynotest" into the subsequent dialog box and it unlocks a bunch of diagnostic screens. I am pretty sure this was left open by accident, so expect it to go away soon. Usual disclaimer: don't do this, you can screw up your car, look, but don't touch, etc.

To anyone who has taken delivery, are the vents able to actually direct airflow? So does the air actually blow where you set it according to the screen? Just curious as I'd imagine the "invisible" vents limit this in ways.
In the Plaid I sat in, as well as the M3, the vents direct airflow by just blowing harder in some areas. For example: if you want the airflow going up, the bottom flow of air blows harder. This pretty awesome piece of engineering actually works quite well.