Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that's awesome. Do you know if that's for all 19s or only for LR 19s ?
I did not ask, sorry! I’m thinking it’s only for a subset of LR that live in cold climates, but that’s just a guess. The Tesla post-delivery tech did write at one point that “performance “ vehicles (which I equated to Plaid) were supposed to get Summer and “non performance “ vehicles (which I equated to LR) were supposed to get AS. But for non cold climates there would be no reason to give them AS, right?

EDD on my Plaid ($12k less than current pricing) just pulled in 6 weeks. Wrong direction for me. I’m holding out for new lights. Yes, I’m fixated on that.

I get it, I'm also thinking of delaying my order to get into the next model year. (If offered a car in the next 2 weeks, I'll likely not be able to resist, though, as long as it passes the inspection checklist.)

Is there a particular reason why you think new lights are coming in Q4?

Last edited:
I'm ready to order a Uniden radar detector but I'm trying to figure out where I can hardwire and also mount. The refresh 12V source is different than the prior S.
Is there a decent place to mount on the windshield, maybe next to the rearview mirror ? Not really interested in a wire hanging down to the 12V in the center console.
I'm also interested in how others have hardwired a detector with the refreshed S.

More Model S Plaid holds….I was scheduled to pick up mine tomorrow but I guess not anymore 😒
C9315B6B-C628-4EFB-84ED-F7E85DF62FD2.jpeg

I get it, I'm also thinking of delaying my order to get into the next model year. (If offered a car in the next 2 weeks, I'll likely not be able to resist, though, as long as it passes the inspection checklist.)

I can wait. Have Fidelity account nicknamed ‘Plaid’. Direct deposit every two weeks. Need it to grow just a tad more. :)

Re lights. Nope. Other than the thought/hope/prayer that their contract/supply of those damn things must be close to ending. I detest our tail lights. So, so outdated looking.

Plus, like you, I’d like to roll into the next model year. I forget when in December they would start calling them 2022’s. That might be my eventual trigger date.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I did not ask, sorry! I’m thinking it’s only for a subset of LR that live in cold climates, but that’s just a guess. The Tesla post-delivery tech did write at one point that “performance “ vehicles (which I equated to Plaid) were supposed to get Summer and “non performance “ vehicles (which I equated to LR) were supposed to get AS. But for non cold climates there would be no reason to give them AS, right?
Someone more tire savvy than me can they add a note to the mega check list saying which exact tire codes to look for in cold weather 19” vs warm weather 19” ??

I can wait. Have Fidelity account nicknamed ‘Plaid’. Direct deposit every two weeks. Need it to grow just a tad more. :)

Re lights. Nope. Other than the thought/hope/prayer that their contract/supply of those damn things must be close to ending. I detest our tail lights. So, so outdated looking.

Plus, like you, I’d like to roll into the next model year. I forget when in December they would start calling them 2022’s. That might be my eventual trigger date.
I may just end up pushing off into 2022 too. I'll be away for Nov anyways, so I may prefer that.
@planetary "Resistance is futile". "You will be assimilated".
@Ohmster we need to look for the VINs to start showing up w "N" to indicate a 2022 model year. But, when oh when is that going to be?? Mid Dec? Late Dec?

Pour votre information

View attachment 704392
Do you have a professional interest in Pirelli?

oh and pour voter you too?

Last edited:
@boonedocks :
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) provides a comprehensive tool for change and configuration management for any platforms. It enables organizations to push out relevant operating systems, applications, and updates to users quickly and cost-effectively.
Totally what I thought. Can tell the I.T. People. 😂