Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the verdict on taking the Model S to automated touchless car washes? Do they stain the trim similar to the matte Model Y trim?

(I know, I know...automated car washes are evil and all that. 😊 I'm looking to see if touchless are a viable option in a pinch)
I've been taking my car through the carwash since 2018 with no problems whatsoever.

Dropped off my LR this morning for STEK DYNOshield full body and DYNOflex windshield and inside screens. "Hopefully" will be ready Saturday mid morning.
I’ll be curious to hear your feedback on the DYNOshield product. My detailer said it causes a slight distortion in his car, so we held off on installing that on my wrap.

just took delivery of the new MS LR 19” wheels today. As many of you have noted, Tesla is delivering cars without floor mats, trunk load floor mats, and summer tires but you just have to flag it and they will provide a due bill for you to get all of the mats and all season tires once available. Has anyone noticed the side view mirrors being loose? Maybe I am picky but it seems like objects appear jittery in the mirrors even at slow speeds. Aside from this the finish on the car is excellent compared to the last versions. Panel gaps and trim all appears to line up. The most noticeable difference (aside from yoke and landscape screen lol) is how quiet the cabin is. Even without the ANC you almost can tell the different between when the car is in motion/parked…really impressed so far! Just need the software update now so I can actually turn the subwoofer up!! Cheers
late August, we rejected a LR with cream interior and 21 inch wheels. The side mirrors on the driver side especially was very loose I moved it easily with my hand. rejection was due to the paint and trim issues in the back of the car. Along with water in the rear tail light.

This looks a lot better than mine. The wood on my driver side is split and pitted. I figured this is just the way it looks. I'm gonna call and ask the SC to look at mine.

It's crazy. You figure your wood is awesome, and then you see pics of someone else's wood, and you realize yours is pretty lame...
From the pics sent to me and/or posted on TMC it seems to be about 50/50 whether or not your wood is good enough.

This looks a lot better than mine. The wood on my driver side is split and pitted. I figured this is just the way it looks. I'm gonna call and ask the SC to look at mine.

It's crazy. You figure your wood is awesome, and then you see pics of someone else's wood, and you realize yours is pretty lame...
Like going to a urinal stall and a horse walks up next to you...

Acceleration is like a drug. The more you are exposed to it, the less your body reacts. When I got my GSXR 750, I was terrified of a full throttle acceleration. After about 6 months, I was numb to the sensation and wanted something faster.

If the acceleration is too scary, give it time. Work yourself into a comfort level, and eventually you'll handle it without a second thought.

The first time I floored it from a stop in my LR, I felt light headed and was concerned I was going to get dizzy. After a few days of this, I no longer react much to it physically, but I love watching a passenger experience it for the first time. 🤣

Obviously the Plaid will take longer to ease the physical reaction to the acceleration, but you'll adjust. Then you get to scare the bejesus out of new passengers while you calmly laugh your butt off.
SOOOOO true!!!
The first time that I floored the LR, I was thoroughly impressed. Last week I floored it and thought something was wrong. It did not seem as quick. After a quick Dragy test 0-60 of 3.39 not launched, I was happy nothing was wrong!! LOL. You get used to it.

I kind of liken this to saying drunk driving is a viable option in a pinch. Just don't do it.
LOL, It looks like drunk driving Bill disagrees with my judgement. 🤣
Capture.JPG

:oops:

Yup. Saw it. Talked (ranted) about it yesterday.🙂

Mis
Yup. Saw it. Talked (ranted) about it yesterday.🙂

I missed that. Tough remaining up to date at times with this thread. I'm not sure how you do it. [cue bot discussion]

:oops:

Edmunds accuses Tesla of making the Plaid only to draw clicks and attention. Meanwhile, Edmunds writes a scathing review of a Tesla, while everyone else praises the beast, to draw clicks and attention...