Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.11.102. If that’s the case it makes sense. Wish updates would come as they’re supposed to 😭 Cheers!
Bingo, older version. Keep it on WiFi and consider "advanced" toggle in the car settings. You could also reach out via a mobile service appointment to see if they can push an update. Mixed luck going that route. But an option.

Bingo, older version. Keep it on WiFi and consider "advanced" toggle in the car settings. You could also reach out via a mobile service appointment to see if they can push an update. Mixed luck going that route. But an option.
Yeah I'm on .11.102 as well. Figured it would pick up the latest version after being added to my wifi and being associated to my account, etc... been a few days now, no dice. I even checked my network stack and it's communicating fine over the network... just not getting any updates. I guess they'll come when they come...

It’s the same torx screw behind the emblem. I think I used a rotator ratchet to unscrew it easier. If you still can’t figure it out by later today, I can see if I can get a photo or video for you.

Several members have had this problem. Service Center doesn’t seem to know what the issue is. Most posts I’ve seen basically said the Service Center tried some stuff (disconnect and connect things, test some components) then put things back together and the error was gone, so they returned to car to the customer. At least one case the member said the error came back again. In my case I haven’t had the error show up again since they “tested” the components.

I’ve done a 1000 mile plus road trip in a lowered car with painters tape, and it held up well. I overlapped each strip of tape 50%, so it was two layers.

View attachment 706590

I had the Service Center try to fix the rubbing sound when turning the yoke. They also told me there was a defective part inside from the factory (SCCM/clock spring), and they were certain that was the problem. Waited for the part to come and they replaced it, but when I picked up the car, the rubbing sound was still there. Will probably wait a bit this time before bringing it back to see if they come up with a better fix.
I asked specifically if it will fix the rubbing. They said yes but I am skeptical.

Yes, I am also waiting for that elusive Tesla unicorn. A MS LR with white interior and 19" wheels. Not sure that I could have assembled a configuration that would guarantee months of waiting for my new car. Many have ordered months after me that have received their new vehicles already. Meanwhile I just keep waiting. Everyone that has received their new MS says the wait is worth it. So I keep hanging on.

View attachment 706645

@Sigma4Life said "At least on the bright side a 2022 car will resell for more than a 2021 version". That maybe be true depending on mileage. But a refreshed MS with white interior could bring in a higher resell value. White interiors like unicorns are very rare in refreshed Model S.

This is a repost from another thread.

Has anybody here gone from P100D to Plaid? I've always heard the P100D was more gut wrenching than the Ravens and I'm scared the Plaid will be less of a gut punch than my P100D at the lower (legal!) speeds. I love my silver 2018 unicorn with sunroof and ventilated seats.
I had a 2016 P100DL and will be getting my Plaid next week. I don't see how the Plaid can't hit harder as it is significantly faster both 0-60 and in the 1/4. I'll find out next week, although it has been almost 2 years since I turned my P100DL back in when the lease was up.

ARRRRGGGG
Estimated Delivery: December 20 - January 09
The only saving grace is the tax rebate starting in 2022 for state of VA.
Same, pushed back another 10 days. Funny thing is I woke up with a feeling that maybe my date had moved back to original Nov date, but nope, now it's pushing into January. Same thing, IL is removing the 10k trade in cap for subtracting sales tax, so maybe I'll save an additional $2k which would make taking delivery in January a little more bearable.

was this finalized/approved into law? Its a done deal? $2500 guaranteed regardless of vehicle price/buyers income level?
It was ratified into law- I will have to check again but I did read the details several months ago and I qualify for at least some of it. FYI first time VA has done anything at all.
* just looked again and although law it remains unfunded anyway. I swear....

What's the verdict on taking the Model S to automated touchless car washes? Do they stain the trim similar to the matte Model Y trim?

(I know, I know...automated car washes are evil and all that. 😊 I'm looking to see if touchless are a viable option in a pinch)
I kind of liken this to saying drunk driving is a viable option in a pinch. Just don't do it.

Now that you have had some time to become intimately familiar with your new refresh Model S I have to ask - how is your wood?

Even though some of you will not admit it, I have no doubt that you have spent time just sitting in your car and playing with it. You have certainly touched your wood. It may have been brief and way too quick or long and deeply satisfying, but if you have it, you have definitely touched it.

I showed it to my service advisor and asked her to touch it. She did and thought it was not right. I even asked the lead technician to feel it and he also thought it was wrong. They are ordering new wood for me. Who new that all you have to do is show your cracked and split wood to Tesla and they would replace for you?

Among other things, I am a woodworker and have done it for most of my life. The feel of real wood under my hands has to be right. I know what it is supposed to feel like. When I feel cracked and split wood I find it disturbing. To me, it is similar to the feeling of listening to good music that is suddenly interrupted by the sound of a phonograph needle scratching across a record. I posted about my wood here:

Please forgive me if you are in the group that is unable to experience this but I really want to know, how is your wood? Is it smooth and satisfying? Or is yours cracked and split? Have you shown Tesla your bad wood? How did they handle it? They are ordering new wood for me. Who knew that all you have to do is show your cracked and split wood to Tesla and they would replace for you?

One last thought, if they can't do a quality natural wood replacement for me I'm going to ask for the artificial alternative, it'll last forever.

Now that you have had some time to become intimately familiar with your new refresh Model S I have to ask - how is your wood?

Even though some of you will not admit it, I have no doubt that you have spent time just sitting in your car and playing with it. You have certainly touched your wood. It may have been brief and way too quick or long and deeply satisfying, but if you have it, you have definitely touched it.

I showed it to my service advisor and asked her to touch it. She did and thought it was not right. I even asked the lead technician to feel it and he also thought it was wrong.
I'm still extremely excited when driving my new Model S.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid