Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QIXpdD5.png
Even Elon knows he’s full of SUGAR….”a few weeks away” in ‘Elon Speak’ really means “I hope it’s a few weeks away but the reality is it’s likely many months away if not some time next year, maybe, we’ll see; gosh, I’m really just talking out of my ass again. Oh well, I can do that since I’m like the richest man in the world…so why not? I can get away with that bull-sugar! Yeah, okay, it’s “a few weeks away” 😏😜

Do you think track mode will come to the LR or only plaid?
Probably only Plaid. For example, Track Mode has been out for years in the M3P, and the LR versions of that have not received it thus far. I would put an acceleration boost as more likely than Track Mode. The LRs will get all of the other stuff in that update though (except for the 200 mph unlock if it comes), such as waypoints, etc...

Reactions: impastu
Here's a video showing someone installing the front emblem:
For anyone looking for the Torx screwdriver he uses in this video, it's a Tekton:

(also comes in black oxide finish like in the video)

Edit: He also mentions that a T25 might be a better fit:

I'd also just recommend getting torx bits with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

Last edited:
Ok Pictures for a MF439 VIN S Plaid

Yes I have the worm but it's not a big deal...

Car has 14 miles at delivery time : Front Fender already damaged in shipping:

IMG-8358.jpg

Trunk: No top or bottom pieces..... in fact there's a 'bump of fabric' bottom left of the picture in the bottom....

IMG-8369.jpg

Random Seat Creases:

IMG-8375.jpg

IMG-8398.jpg

And this is the big one, front right door actually has trouble closing unless you lift it slightly [see how jammed it is at the bottom of this pic]

IMG-8390.jpg

Last edited:
Took delivery of Nameless today! 1.5" of rain today so no great pics, maybe tomorrow. I went through as much of the pre-delivery checklist posted here somewhere as I could (too much rain to be able to check the paint, but looks good) and found zero issues. I did notice no floor mats; my SA was confused and went off to investigate, came back and said they didn't have them yet but would ship them when they arrived.

Am about 90% sure I'm going with a lighter blue wrap. Maybe even the door handles :cool:

One concern I had was, would I be able to have both Teslas in my Tesla app with an easy way to switch between them, even though my wife and I use separate Tesla accounts? No problemo! They had to wait until I accepted delivery, then it was a matter of going into each account and adding the other one as an additional user. Now Lisa and I can both just swipe left/right to swtich between the cars, could not possibly be any easier. Yay.

I did not get a chance to floor the accelerator because of all the rain, but there's something to look forward to tomorrow!! One time, though, I did put my foot pretty far down and it was scary because of the wet road. I checked what the mode was, and they default it to insane. I moved it to sport for today, but never really pushed beyond chill-like in the wet. I did try flooring it in chill mode. It was chill, LOL.

If anyone in the Boston area is interested, I'll be taking Nameless to Snappy Dogs in Hopkinton tomorrow, be there around noon.
The best part about this car is that you can floor it in the rain. It will run just barely slower and stay as composed as in the dry.

Even Elon knows he’s full of SUGAR….”a few weeks away” in ‘Elon Speak’ really means “I hope it’s a few weeks away but the reality is it’s likely many months away if not some time next year, maybe, we’ll see; gosh, I’m really just talking out of my ass again. Oh well, I can do that since I’m like the richest man in the world…so why not? I can get away with that bull-sugar! Yeah, okay, it’s “a few weeks away” 😏😜
I don’t think releasing track mode is that hard. It’s not fsd.

Ok Pictures for a MF439 VIN S Plaid

Yes I have the worm but it's not a big deal...

Car has 14 miles at delivery time : Front Fender already damaged in shipping:

View attachment 707395

Trunk: No top or bottom pieces..... in fact there's a 'bump of fabric' bottom left of the picture in the bottom....

View attachment 707396

Random Seat Creases:

View attachment 707397

View attachment 707398

And this is the big one, front right door actually has trouble closing unless you lift it slightly [see how jammed it is at the bottom of this pic]

View attachment 707399
Will they fix all issues? Or still debating?

That was my analysis but I’m not knocking the Mach e. It’s a very nice, comfortable vehicle. If I had never encountered the Model S I would have been happy with it.
Like many other forum members here I have a love hate relationship with Tesla. My Model X had the melting roof seals on the falcon doors and the car was only 1.5 years old and 16k miles. Thought it would be covered under warranty and escalated all the way to regional manager who informed me that I caused the damage parking the car outside in the sun. This is San Francisco Bay Area sun, not AZ or TX. So the regional manager offered me a "deal" for 50% off the $2600 cost to replace the seals but would only warranty the work for 1 year. He also informed me that if water got into the car and damaged the interior due to failed seals it would void my warranty. So I ended up paying the money to get the car fixed and sold the car afterwards based on how Tesla treated me as a customer. Yet here I am again.........so my decision between a mach e vs LR is a bit more complicated :)

Thanks for the report., and I hope this is repaired with dispatch.

There's got to be quite an inside story about the doors.
- Don't close correctly in many cases
- Seals are weird in many cases
- Interior trim doesn't align well (front and/or back) in all? cases

How does all this happen?

Last edited:
Been away a while, hope there’s been many folks getting deliveries!

Highlight of my experiences with the car so far: running into a pack of Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, and AMG’s on a mountain pass on the way to Monterey, CA. It was a lot of fun and I even got a couple thumbs up as I let loose a bit 😉😎

Never get tired of the power and acceleration, though the wife experienced it twice and said only Chill mode when she’s in the car 😂

Been away a while, hope there’s been many folks getting deliveries!

Highlight of my experiences with the car so far: running into a pack of Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, and AMG’s on a mountain pass on the way to Monterey, CA. It was a lot of fun and I even got a couple thumbs up as I let loose a bit 😉😎

Never get tired of the power and acceleration, though the wife experienced it twice and said only Chill mode when she’s in the car 😂
HEEYYYYYY MAN NICE TO SEE YOU! Welcome back!😁

Thanks for the report., and I hope this is repaired with dispatch.

There's got to be quite an inside story about the doors.
- Don't close correctly in many cases
- Seals are weird in many cases
- Interior trim doesn't align well (front and/or back) in all? cases

How does all this happen?
Unfortunately, I think cars being built and delivered now have a greater chance of QC issues because Elon cars more about delivery numbers than QC. The article from Electrek with a recent email from Musk provides a lot of insight. Tesla (TSLA) aiming for 'decent' quarter for deliveries after supply chain issues

Specifically, Musk said they were "building a lot of cars with MISSING PARTS THAT NEEDED TO BE ADDED LATER" due to the fact that they had extreme parts shortages earlier in the quarter (emphasis added).

Worse for QC and those of us getting delivery at the end of September, Musk also said the following: "However, early Q3 production was so challenging that we need to go SUPER HARDCORE to make up for it over the next ~22 days to ENSURE A DECENT Q3 DELIVERY NUMBER. This is the BIGGEST WAVE IN TESLA HISTORY, be we got to get it done." (emphasis added).

Notice he didn't say we have to go SUPER HARDCORE to fix QC problems. Tesla is just focused on delivery numbers and I don't think being part of the biggest wave in Tesla history is a good sign for us late September deliveries.

My LR delivery was set for next Tuesday. Waited 8 months. Today I was out in Scottsdale delivery facility area so I decided to look for my car. No luck so I asked the service delivery guys it’s status and about getting that 2K taken off so I could get a cashiers check ready for Tuesday delivery. He’s like what 2K? I’m like really dude, looks at my order dates. He got the 2K taken off within 5 minutes, he looked my car up and said it has passed inspection and I can pick up tonight at 6. Whoa! They paid for my Uber ride to get there this evening (50 miles). It is flawless visually, every rumored missing trunk part was there. All gaps and rubber hood, no scrapes underneath. It’s as fast as I need and the hubcaps look better than expected, but I’m still planning to powder coat the 19’s to match black trim. The only problem I found is tires need balancing between 105-120 mph. Pics on low suspension setting. VIN 441. Frunk is open.

Attachments

• 733CA20D-56B8-4947-9129-9E3680866E7A.jpeg
    733CA20D-56B8-4947-9129-9E3680866E7A.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 62
  • F3BAE821-C581-4A7F-B3A1-413CEC862EE8.jpeg
    F3BAE821-C581-4A7F-B3A1-413CEC862EE8.jpeg
    575.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: