Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t someone complaining that the refreshed S wouldn’t roll up windows? Vent/close button is on climate screen in the app. Am I mistaken about the complaint or was it added in a recent update?
D8FCA268-5274-437D-98D0-141CC87575D2.png

Wasn’t someone complaining that the refreshed S wouldn’t roll up windows? Vent/close button is on climate screen in the app. Am I mistaken about the complaint or was it added in a recent update?View attachment 708069

That is the new app. The old app cannot shut windows. Many of us are still on the old app.

MS Plaid (19/CF/FSD) delivered this past Wed (ordered 6/30/21). VIN 441XXXX. Only minor issues (weather seal kink, faint yoke worm, missing trunk accessories, etc). Paint and panel alignment all ok.

Signature Wheels SV104 (triple tinted black) installed w/ Evannex gorilla black lugs installed a few hrs after. Selling 19'' Tempest wheels in the marketplace.

Initial impressions (< 50 miles driven) consistent w/ others: fast, quiet (my first EV), minimalistic. Yoke seems ok to me: yes will take some time to acclimate.

Tint and ceramic coat in a few weeks (car arrived a little early). Decided against PPF (thus far).

Thanks to all those who've contributed to the thread!

Questions, PM me.

Attachments

• iso best.jpg
    iso best.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 56
  • side best.jpg
    side best.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3198.jpg
    IMG_3198.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 54
Called and discussed Monday chances of happening. They can GPS actual car location. I called twice, 45 minutes apart. The first call, car was 60 miles away. Second call, the car is on the highway about 30 miles from the SC "in traffic". Monday is looking like it will happen. D-Day. H-Hour. ⚡
Update Tesla world. SA called. He sounded 12 and scared to death. Great news. Car is delivered. Sitting at offsite lot. They did pre inspection. Bad news. Something plastic but important to frunk and something with trunk not right. No one in from service today. It’s just a plastic piece but protects important front end parts. Probably not in stock as these are new cars. May have to order from Fremont (no reference to calling other local SC shops) Could take several days. Will know more Monday morning. My detail guy is saving my spot for Wednesday drop off. Snowball impact to many. I said I’m still coming Monday regardless to do my walk through in case they missed something and need to order more things. I also took the time to let him know, with the opportunity to check, to let me know if they’re summers or all seasons.
Thoughts? I was ready for this as I was for the 3 month wait. I’ll pivot and adjust as many have done. I’m thankful they caught something, hopefully everything, and are on it.
Today is 9/11. My thoughts are elsewhere. Having a car delayed because of imperfections is really not important considering. I’m super lucky and very fortunate if this is the only thing going sideways in my life. 🙏

MS Plaid (19/CF/FSD) delivered this past Wed (ordered 6/30/21). VIN 441XXXX. Only minor issues (weather seal kink, faint yoke worm, missing trunk accessories, etc). Paint and panel alignment all ok.

Signature Wheels SV104 (triple tinted black) installed w/ Evannex gorilla black lugs installed a few hrs after. Selling 19'' Tempest wheels in the marketplace.

Initial impressions (< 50 miles driven) consistent w/ others: fast, quiet (my first EV), minimalistic. Yoke seems ok to me: yes will take some time to acclimate.

Tint and ceramic coat in a few weeks (car arrived a little early). Decided against PPF (thus far).

Thanks to all those who've contributed to the thread!

Questions, PM me.
Those wheels look awesome on black! congrats!~

She arrived! I guess it’s a she. Anyway, missing trunk lid, floor mats were there, have to adjust the trunk but it actually is a lot better than it was. Went through about 90% of Marc-G’s list. Super helpful.

Here are a couple pics. The wheel covers look a lot nicer in person.

View attachment 708033View attachment 708033View attachment 708035View attachment 708034View attachment 708036View attachment 708037
Congratulations! And carbon fiber and Cream is my style too.

Here no tint anywhere below 70% and nothing on the windshield. Every two years you have to get an inspection. The inspector has to roll the driver window down half way, and then take a photo from outside the vehicle. That photo has to be sent to the DMV with the inspection report.

So in two years, I'll have to pay to have all tint removed, get an inspection, and then replace the tint.
Absolutely ridiculous!

All—sorry I’m new to the board so apologies if I’m doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I placed a LR order in May. Delivery date jumps around quite a bit—first October, then December, then December-Jan. Though frustrating that’s somewhat expected.

Thing is, I’ve literally never heard from a service advisor. When I placed the order, they placed a call/text to a family member) long story but essentially I took a family members M3 reservation several years ago and Tesla has never been able to sort out our contact info). I’ve called my local store, chatted online (which appears to no longer be an option), and the 800 number. Each time they say someone will reach out. They never do. The last two days I’ve waited on hold for 45 minutes to an hour to inquire and finally given up.

I was considering making some changes to my order—nothing huge, just exterior color, but want to make sure it won’t drastically impact delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions? This process is incredibly frustrating and making me consider looking at a different vehicle.
@Db1980 DON"T F* with it at ALL! Go into a SC to see the two color choices and get assigned to an SA.
FWIW my SA told me I'd pay the $10k more (changing out of cream seats to white) and lose my place in line. Will that be DRASTICALLY longer wait, idk?? But, fer sur you'll go to back of the line. If you cant stand color, get a full stealth wrap and STILL save $5K (for better tires/wheels).

My Plaid Red, White/CF interior got pushed from 9/10-9/30 to 9/16-9/30. Still have very little faith it gets delivered this quarter considering everyone else with white interiors on the East Coast with an EOQ range still not having a VIN.
Yup, it's not coming this month. No White interiors delivered this month or last. No signs of production either. Even if I do get a delivery I'm expecting it to be riddled with issues 😒

Reactions: impastu
Thanks! Stealth PPF. Outstanding application. View attachment 708071View attachment 708072
What a gorgeous car. Stealth looks great on white. Even my wife (who vetoed stealth on my MSM) thinks the stealth on white looks good (darn, too late to change without going to back of line and paying an extra $10k).

Are those the 19" wheels without the cover (lobster forks)? If so, did you get them powder coated or is it just the lighting in your garage.

If the 19s without the covers look like that (and it's not just the lighting), I'll have a lot more money for Vegas (only partial ppf with wife vetoing stealth and maybe no new wheels until the 19s wear out).

Congrats!

Yup, it's not coming this month. No White interiors delivered this month or last. No signs of production either. Even if I do get a delivery I'm expecting it to be riddled with issues 😒
Not saying it’s definitely happening, BUT why do you suppose my Est Date which hasn’t moved in several weeks from 9/20-9/30 now just suddenly changed to 9/29-9/30 this morning? You think the Tesla Monkey 🐒 is f*king with me? Lol! 😜

I mean it seems completely retarded to change my est delivery date for a 2-day window (the narrowest window it’s ever been since I placed my order on 2/5/21) at the end of this month (which is only 2 weeks away) if they haven’t even built a white on white/cf MS Plaid and they’re planning on delivering mine along with so many others with the same or similar build with white seats in Oct or Nov, right? 🤔

Last edited: