Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boy, I'm feeling chatty today. So....I was driving through my old stomping grounds yesterday (a ton of stop and go traffic in Staten Island, over the bridge, and the Belt was a parking lot) - anyway, I was wondering how well autopilot handles mundane stop and go.
I was driving my daughter's compass, which is a great little car.
It has active cruise control. Like my other cars with ACC, it won't proceed after you come to a full stop. Also, the braking and accelerating were I suppose technically accurate, but not appropriate for real stop and go traffic - too much of a lag in space, or lag in acceleration, or too much acceleration and braking.
Does autopilot handle that kind of stuff well, or would you instead take over for stop and go traffic?
Thanks!
I've used AP on all area highways and parkways including the FDR...it's a godsend.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I find autopilot worthless for stop and go traffic. It's too jerky, uncomfortable and leaves way to big a gap to be usable, at least in my area.
In NYC stop and go traffic the follow gap needs to be decreased to 1 to be effective. Otherwise you're just going to have people cutting in on you constantly and go nowhere.

What is this concept of another car on the interstate “pull up, slow down” ??
Apparently they like the car. I got A LOT of stares on the way home. I live 2-1/2 hours outside of Dallas and the closer I got, the more stares I got. I live in the rural part of the Great State of Texas and an electric car is like the space shuttle!!

Got it too. More hoping it fixes the bad NAV maps since some us can’t use FSD features until our maps are updated!! Hopefully NAV update will come after the FW upgrade

I've seen multiple people report that their FSD features started working again without a NAV update...
Looks like the FSD features are active again after the update 👍

The service department updated my MSLR to software ver. 2021.32.10 while a defective headlight was being replaced. The release notes say that Sirius XM will now be available as a media choice. I do not see that choice at all. Anyone on 32.10 that can comment?
I’m in the same boat as you. Can’t see SiriusXM yet after the update. There’s a thread that discusses this.

Some info re: post delivery issues:
Taking to body shop tomorrow AM for them to evaluate the trunk misalignment.

Going to ask them to look at other items like passenger front door requiring Hulk/like strength to close and frunk still having a large gap.

And FYI. the yoke leather is peeling in the top right corner. Took it to Tesla today and they said…. “Yeah…. We’ve seen a bunch of those. Nothing we can do at this moment, as we are not reupholstering this. You’ll have to wait for a replacement of the whole Yoke steering.”

Say WHAT???

Welp! I updated to 2021.32.10 and my audio is completely gone! No sounds for FM, Spotify, Netflix. Anyone else with this issue?
I lost all my preset stations on regular radio and the SirusXM free introductory subscription doesn't work - even after "Refresh" and waiting for five minutes. No sound, just "Call us" 'cause we have a great deal for you.. Ah, no thanks!