Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is quite possibly no better car for stop and go traffic than Tesla and autopilot. Traffic still sucks, but it makes it halfway enjoyable.

Yes, it handles all the stopping and going, maintaining the lane, etc. without you needing to intervene. Just keep a hand on the steering apparatus and sit back.
thanks, that's encouraging! Living in the 'burbs stop and go is rare - sure, you have to crawl here and there on occasion, and watch out for deer - big time! - but yesterday was at least an hour of it - with some really bad drivers, motorcycles that go between the stopped cars/lanes, potholes, etc. - basically, all the best NYC has to offer. I felt the ACC would be a help but it was really more of a hinderance. also, with the Compass' "lane keep" it does a reasonable job at times if I'm drifting lanes, but it can also try to yank the wheel if it doesn't agree with what you're doing, like exiting and following the lane, etc. - I'm confident Tesla has most of that nailed down.
Thanks again!

More off topic (which I think is THE topic) - is anyone using a smartwatch to unlock their car, etc.? I just bought a Galaxy Watch 4 that I believe should also do the trick - the apps I've read about say to have the valet key with you, as the watches require internet to unlock - I've never liked any of the android watches though I'm on the android ecosystem except for my iPad - my wife and kids are all apple, and I thought about switching just to get a really great watch/phone combo - but I like my android so.....
I'm hoping the Galaxy 4 which finally uses the google ecosystem versus Tizen, will do what I want.
I'd be very interested in experiences.
Basically, if my phone got lost, died, etc. could I use my watch in lieu of it.
I thought about getting a ring with the valet card NFC chip in it, but that's getting too paranoid for even me.
I do try to take 2 sets of keys when we go on a long trip - my wife 1, me 1, so we never get stuck.
The Tesla offers I think up to 19 keys (um, no) - but I can see the valet key, phone, and watch being the equivalent of 3 keys, or maybe only 2 if there's no internet.
I'd also love the watch to be able to work via BT to the car, or even NFC like the valet cards.
Again, any info appreciated! The longer I wait for this beast, the more I think about stuff I'd like to know...since I can't, you know, drive a hypothetical car.

I know we like to look at the automotive world in a vacuum, but I don't think we're giving enough credit to how pervasive the chip shortage actually is and the effect it's having across the industry.

There is quite possibly no better car for stop and go traffic than Tesla and autopilot. Traffic still sucks, but it makes it halfway enjoyable.

Yes, it handles all the stopping and going, maintaining the lane, etc. without you needing to intervene. Just keep a hand on the steering apparatus and sit back.
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to Autopilot for my old 3 hour round trip commute.

Not to further sensationalize the very poor media reaction to any Tesla accident (which provides more evidence of why Tesla REALLY needs a PR Department and spread at least a little money in marketing even if it just to grease the wheels), but does anyone have experience with the reported issue with autopilot and emergency vehicle lights.

On the one hand, I have a hard time understanding how someone even with autopilot on can NOT notice flashing lights enough to react or disengage autopilot. On the other hand, you would think that the one thing any autopilot system would be tested to react to would be flashing emergency lights (a relatively normal occurrence on our streets).

I'm not trying to start anything here. I'm genuinely curious about other people's experience. Unless things are falling off the car, I intend to take delivery.

I would ask my 80+ year old AJ Foyt loving Dad with his 2014 Model S about it except he loves driving and still scares the crap out of me when I'm a passenger in his car. The fact that he still tries to surprise me with sudden bursts of acceleration is really annoying. I can't wait to pay him back.

No Vin, Yet closer date range as of this morning.

1631559936349.png

I believe he means the stiffness setting. The auto-raising is a comfort feature. There is no Auto ride height for sure.
Awesome, I’ll give low a shot then! Does having it set to low affect ride comfort at all?
Yes. The amount of effect is subjective
Finally catching up on this thread and noticed you guys are definitely slacking off, since no one replied to any of the above with… THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID

I know we like to look at the automotive world in a vacuum, but I don't think we're giving enough credit to how pervasive the chip shortage actually is and the effect it's having across the industry.

Exactly. We also aren't giving anywhere near enough credit to the fact that Tesla still has S, 3, and Y production lines running, with X to join soon. Additionally, this is the only automotive company that is so agile, it has been writing the SW in 19 different new chips to keep production online. Pretty damn impressive. 😄

🧐........

Real post:

What @AnselmDante posted:
View attachment 708676

....🤣 Follow that advice my friend!

Ha ha!
Tesla bros told me they had one where the adhesive ripped some of the paint off & their bumper had to be repainted. So while I’m the least handy MFer you’ll ever meet, delegating this task also removes me of liability… when, not if, I f**k it up.
But thx for the laugh guy, next time we’ll go over how replying to a forum works so you can really dish out some sick burns

I agree with this statement. It is not an aggressive driver, so you may not like it or it may not match your "normal" driving style. The smoothness is the best - not having a transmission that down shifts and up shifts in traffic is great,

It is a more relaxing cruiser on the highways for sure.

Ha ha!
Tesla bros told me they had one where the adhesive ripped some of the paint off & their bumper had to be repainted. So while I’m the least handy MFer you’ll ever meet, delegating this task also removes me of liability… when, not if, I f**k it up.
But thx for the laugh guy, next time we’ll go over how replying to a forum works so you can really dish out some sick burns
Wasn't me lol! @AnselmDante deserves that credit. I was talking to him saying to follow his own advice. 🤣

Reactions: impastu
Just a got notification that 2021.32.10 SU is available. Updating now from 32.5.

Looks like it includes XM radio for those who have been waiting for it.