Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up on Monday, and am going to get a full PPF - question is, how bad of an idea is it to wait 10 days to take it in for PPF at the end of the month when I'm going out of town (rather than immediate, but only have it for a few days before going out of town)?

I know there is no definitive way to say it is 'safe' - but the reason I ask is that although there are fairly good roads around me, I'm worried about the rocker panel & rear wheel arches after reading and seeing the pictures of damage from folks.

Terrible idea to wait 10 days?

I'm picking up on Monday, and am going to get a full PPF - question is, how bad of an idea is it to wait 10 days to take it in for PPF at the end of the month when I'm going out of town (rather than immediate, but only have it for a few days before going out of town)?

I know there is no definitive way to say it is 'safe' - but the reason I ask is that although there are fairly good roads around me, I'm worried about the rocker panel & rear wheel arches after reading and seeing the pictures of damage from folks.

50C90AB6-271F-45A2-8589-1CB64D60784E.jpeg
E398FFD7-F66F-4706-A48A-4D57ED06E7DE.jpeg

Detailer literally just sent these; waited 7 days and barely 300 miles.

That really depends on your daily commute.

I drive a 90+ mile a day commute, mostly expressways. There are ALWAYS gravel trucks on a stretch of my drive so I drove my rental for 2 days of my commute until I could get my full body PPF done.

Being Tesla #5 I have learned that I always had something happen that I had to look at for the rest of that cars ownership before selling. So glad I still had that rental for those days.

If you have an easy NOT 80mph expressway “risk free” commute you should be fine tho.

Getting window tint now and should be good to go for many many miles

496DE008-6468-48EF-A63D-419DED76825C.jpeg

Last edited:
Started my 3 month trial, Loved XM in my previous vehicles and still have it in my Jeeps. However, underwhelmed with the XM sound quality in the S - not as good as streaming or Spotify. Album art is sporadic at best. Also, too many buttons to switch back and forth on channels.

Was excited to get it but now not so sure I will keep it past the 3 months. In the 10k+ miles, I have only lost signal a few times in the mountains. Can use USB music for that if needed.
Satellite radio has terrible bitrate. They chose more stations instead of higher fidelity. The Tesla audio system reveals the low resolution. No way to fix that.

Thanks!

Sure hope so, hopefully someone gets to test it out soon that SiriusXM works without the LTE connection then. The Radio ID does kind of indicate that, so hopefully its not some virtual radio ID to setup your account/subscription that they use.

We'll have to get details as is everyone getting 3-6 months free then? Don't think Tesla would foot the bill permanently for that long for the $7-much more subscription costs depending on what packages you go with.
How does one activate the free trial? I went over to the "subscription" tab and that displayed the radio id. I hit the "refresh" and waiting the five minutes, under and open sky. Nada. When I go to "Channels" they all appear, but no sound at all. When I go back to "Subscription," the msg is something like, "Call us, we have a great deal for you!" So, unlike every other auto manufacturer with a free trial that is active when you get the car, this one requires you calling a sales person who will try to sell you a subscription. So, is that it? I also assume, to get the free trial, you have to give them your credit card info too, right? F that, if so. XM bit rates suck 'da big one.

Last edited:
How does one activate the free trial? I went over to the "subscription" tab and that displayed the radio id. I hit the "refresh" and waiting the five minutes, under and open sky. Nada. When I go to "Channels" they all appear, but no sound at all. When I go back to "Subscription," the msg is something like, "Call us, we have a great deal for you!" So, unlike every other auto manufacturer with a free trial that is active when you get the car, this one requires you calling a sales person who will try to sell you a subscription. So, it that it?
yes :)

So this afternoon my wife followed me out to the garage. When I approached the Tesla, the lights flashed as it recorded a Sentry Mode event. My wife laughed and said "HAHA, you got flashed." I turned around and said "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking. Do it again."

She had her shirt half way up when she yanked it back down and screamed "OH MY GOD!!, You're trying to record me with your car!"

I got close, but no cigar. 😂 😂 😂
Pics or it didn’t happen… is what some people would say.

Look what I just found in Tesla inventory... ;) I might as well wait although I still don't have a VIN yet but my est delivery date is holding steady at 9/29/21 - 9/30/21...this one has wood interior trim and the 19" wheels (although I have my own 21" Signature forged wheels) and doesn't have FSD (which ahem, doesn't really exist yet anyhow). But, SOMEONE should grab this one! The white interiors are coming! @umair239 @Aleks0404 @Kondo
View attachment 709142
They now have their second one on the way. Plaid MSM / white interior.

How does one activate the free trial? I went over to the "subscription" tab and that displayed the radio id. I hit the "refresh" and waiting the five minutes, under and open sky. Nada. When I go to "Channels" they all appear, but no sound at all. When I go back to "Subscription," the msg is something like, "Call us, we have a great deal for you!" So, unlike every other auto manufacturer with a free trial that is active when you get the car, this one requires you calling a sales person who will try to sell you a subscription. So, is that it? I also assume, to get the free trial, you have to give them your credit card info too, right? F that, if so. XM bit rates suck 'da big one.
Go to the website and click 3 month free trial, sign up or add it to any existing subscription you may have

Still no SiriusXM for me.

Does anyone know if the car has rear and front cross traffic alert?

No it does not. Tesla should have still put it as a feature on the website and just note in the owner's manual that it is a feature that may not be available at time of delivery.

It might be part of the waypoint/red caliper package.

Go to the website and click 3 month free trial, sign up or add it to any existing subscription you may have
Yep, they want all the credit card info for the free trial. Not the case, say with Subaru, when you take delivery - there, the Free Trial is active when you take the car and they have to chase after you to renew it after 3 months. Here, it's the other way around... Pass.