Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price for SiriusXM is negotiable. Lots of sites out there discussing the techniques. I used to pay full price til I ran across one of the sites describing how to get the discounts. Basically you call to cancel and they will offer something less then you tell them what you are willing to pay. I ended up paying around $70 per year for many years. You just have to remember to call them and do it again before it renews at full price.
They send you enough junk and "we miss you like a stage five clinger ex-significant other" mail that you should be able to get it even lower than that. I feel like they run like the gym model - people subscribe, pay and forget about it. Never using it and never cancelling. Hell I still get "come back to us" mail for a truck I owned three vehicles ago.

What was the problem with the wood interior in your car? I am awaiting delivery of my car which also has the same interior.
Pics and info here:

I have not seen the replacement wood yet. If smooth and not split I would be happy with it.

So wait how much for avg ppf price and is it totally necessary? I’ve had a bunch of cars and never did it but I’m not crazy about my cars. Am I like screwed without it? I don’t even know wtf ppf is… sorry noob.
I used to think that it was a waste of money. I decided to try it on my pre-refresh 2021 S to protect an expensive car that I expected to keep for many years. I got fulll body PPF and I'm never going without it again for a car in this price range. In the process of getting it on my Plaid now.

My worst fear has come true. I'm out of town that week. Of all weeks across these 9 and 1/2 months!! Time to haggle with them on the phone. They open in an hour.

View attachment 709199
I would drive to the local service center and talk with them since you already know them. Do you have the direct phone extensions for them?

I would drive to the local service center and talk with them since you already know them. Do you have the direct phone extensions for them?
Can they do anything since I'm taking delivery in Scottsdale? Feels like one of those "Not our problems, you should call Scottsdale" for them.

I was actually considering driving up to Scottsdale to beg and even offer my license/insurance papers so a family member could take delivery with my permission. Even with the four hour roundtrip drive it'd be worth it.

I used to think that it was a waste of money. I decided to try it on my pre-refresh 2021 S to protect an expensive car that I expected to keep for many years. I got fulll body PPF and I'm never going without it again for a car in this price range. In the process of getting it on my Plaid now.
I'm on the opposite path. I used to add it to all my cars...Porche's , MB's, McLaren, etc. It seemed critical to me. Then 6 months later I'd give away $6000-$7000 worth of PPF and get basically no return on it. Then with my pre-refresh SLR I thought well, screw it, I'm not doing it. I had some chips and whatnot, but it certainly did not hurt the resale value of the car and if I didn't inspect it super closely then I'd never even notice. I've probably, no exaggeration, given away $30k+ of PPF over the last 6-7 years. That's a LOT of paintwork that could have been done if I needed to.

Now with my Plaid I skipped it too. I'm 7000 miles in so it's too late. The car looks fine. Yep, there's some chips and whatnot, but at this point, whatever. It doesn't hurt that I own a touch up paint company, so I'll use it to make some videos too. 😁

I was actually considering driving up to Scottsdale to beg and even offer my license/insurance papers so a family member could take delivery with my permission. Even with the four hour roundtrip drive it'd be worth it.
I think there were reports of people sending a proxy. Tesla essentially says "if you trust them to pick it up, we will release it". But worth confirming such.

Definitely was not on my 2019 Raven S LR. Lowering the sound with a door open, yes. But not speed sensitive.
That's TOTALLY strange? Of course I could be wrong, but I'd almost swear it was present when I first bought my 2018. But I'm POSITIVE it's been present for at least a year on my car if not more. Could be due to updated firmware, but I would think you would have that by now?