Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody would get a white interior and have a dog? Nobody has white interior? How do you know? I suppose you are friends with 7+ billion people on this planet.
Listen, i don’t care if you think my “story” is fake or not. No one asked me to spend 5 minutes writing about it but i found it funny that someone buying a 150k car is oblivious to the capabilities of their car and that was the takeaway and not their config. I happened to see the car, so i mentioned it. But that was not the crux of the story if that is all you could absorb. Nice selfie btw!
calm down. it's scarsasm. but that's absolutely the correct response, one of complete anger of some random post that if you read it correctly you'd see I was making a joke... thanks for the attack as well.

@AnselmDante did you ever find out why your home charger wouldn’t pop the port? I’m reading it’s a known issue and a temporary solution is they add a Bluetooth antenna. I also thought I read if you point it at the back brake light instead, it’ll open.
Its Supposed to work at super charger because of stronger Bluetooth signal. But home chargers they know it’s an issue.
I just press the button on the charg port to open it. I’m having a similar problem with my Gen 3 cable.
Definitely a known issue and completely repeatable. This is our 5th Tesla and the other 4 have always opened from "far away". Sometimes even opening the other car if we both have pulled in at the same time and one of us presses our cars handle button first.

I was surprised when i saw the Plaid. Its not like they have fancy cars. But then Teslas and Model S’s are dime-a-dozen where i live so probably in their head,they were buying just another Tesla. Or maybe too lazy to change the default option from Plaid to LR in the online config lol
I would have asked but i normally run away from the husband like a plague. For some reason, he is obsessed with the fig tree in my frontyard and likes to remind me how i am not taking good care.

Yo - I don't know if you realize or not, but this follow up scenario also does not make your neighbor look good either. 😂

Still patiently waiting to pounce if you get your car before I do.

View attachment 709487

Excuse me.

@Aleks0404 @Kondo @umair239 UPDATE to my Tesla Account this morning: Not sure if this is good or bad (I've heard both before in the past here on this TMC thread)...NO VIN still but my Estimated Delivery Date Sept 29-30 JUST DISAPPEARED...BLANK AGAIN. :oops: No 5JY or VIN# in source code either. WTF? Ruh roh? OR a VIN coming later today? 🤔🙏🤪 It's worth noting that with all the white ext / white interior MS Plaids getting VINs and in available inventory over the past few days, we haven't seen my exact build...white seats/CF interior trim. So, what...now they're having more CF trim shortages?

@Aleks0404 @Kondo @umair239 UPDATE to my Tesla Account this morning: Not sure if this is good or bad (I've heard both before in the past here on this TMC thread)...NO VIN still but my Estimated Delivery Date Sept 29-30 JUST DISAPPEARED...BLANK AGAIN. :oops: No 5JY or VIN# in source code either. WTF? Ruh roh? OR a VIN coming later today? 🤔🙏🤪 It's worth noting that with all the white ext / white interior MS Plaids getting VINs and in available inventory over the past few days, we haven't seen my exact build...white seats/CF interior trim. So, what...now they're having more CF trim shortages?

I'd say you are probably getting the Vin.

But - I got a model 3 VIN last night though nothing ever disappeared. 🤷

All the white plaids coming through inventory today have wood...no pun intended

VIN last night and this morning window narrowed to Sept 23-29 from sept 18-sept 30.

This will be my first EV so need help to know right way to go about it. What are the next steps for TEXAS people? Where to get best rates for financing? I was planning to pay it off but given how low the rates are deciding to finance Atleast half of it. also do I pay before inspection in texas or can I take a personal check for the remaining amount?
I have Farmers insurance. What’s best for Tesla insurance?

very confusing i hope you get the update later on today or tomorrow with a VIN.

VIN last night and this morning window narrowed to Sept 23-29 from sept 18-sept 30.

This will be my first EV so need help to know right way to go about it. What are the next steps for TEXAS people? Where to get best rates for financing? I was planning to pay it off but given how low the rates are deciding to finance Atleast half of it. also do I pay before inspection in texas or can I take a personal check for the remaining amount?
congrats nice to see you getting the VIN.

No, no, no. Check the other threads. You’ll quickly learn that sales are constrained solely by demand, likely not more than 5 per week nationwide. And everyone who has a Plaid or LR is on this forum and speaking their mind about all the problems, including about how much Tesla hates them. And that the yoke, that joke….it will without a doubt, kill you.

It’s absurd to think that whoever your neighbor is isn’t on this thread and actively posting about the horrible way Tesla has treated them and that they are lucky to be breathing this very moment since they have a car with a yoke.

So anyone with any other perspective, please, PLEASE, save it. Get right. This forum is the gospel and all things Tesla begin and end right here. All things negative anyway.
So it's true. All Tesla owners like penis jokes.

Dude!! This happened to me too! A few years ago I complimented a guy in a Red Ludicrous X. Asked him how awesome Ludicrous was. This was before I owned a ludicrous car.

He just stares at me totally blank, unsure what it even is! He even outright says “I don’t know which model I purchased, I just took what was ‘in stock at the showroom’ “. Blew my mind.
This board needs an "OMG!" response emoji...

Definitely a known issue and completely repeatable. This is our 5th Tesla and the other 4 have always opened from "far away". Sometimes even opening the other car if we both have pulled in at the same time and one of us presses our cars handle button first.

Yeah that video is exactly what I am dealing with.

From what I've heard, you have to pay in full before they even send the car to Texas.

Attachments

• 200-7.gif
    200-7.gif
    266 KB · Views: 45
Thats a good Video explaining Plaid Powertrain @sflgator @2021plaid @impastu

I had this thought a couple of months ago also, that at 200 mph, the Plaid motors are spinning at LESS rpm than the M3 at 162 mph. SOOOOOOO glad someone's caught on this as well, as I think top speed beyond 200 may be a question of when, not if. As I've also said in the past, Tesla is absolutely sandbagging with the Plaid. As always, Tesla never gives the first release everything, and has a good amount power and performance in reserve for future competition.🙂

My previous vehicle was a Lexus and had this feature. No joke I didn’t even realize it until you just said something. If anything, that thing would screw me up sometimes & detect movement on a feeder road instead... it might have helped me here and there but mainly a false sense of security. The Tesla cam has a wide enough perspective to see anyway. I personally wouldn’t forego the safest, most advanced panty dropping ass machine in existence just bc it doesn’t solve an issue that’s not really there to begin with
My ford fusion 6 years ago had this feature and it has only given me false positive may be twice in 4 years of owning it. So this is not true at all. Let's not minimize a feature that is helpful and should be included in all Teslas especially since they have the technology needed for it. They just choose not to implement it. It's just as annoying as Tesla not including waypoints and not turning on the side cameras during a lane change. Even a Kia has this now. Cross traffic alert is a real issue and it should be included in our cars. You listening Elon!