Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very confusing i hope you get the update later on today or tomorrow with a VIN.
sflgator, I just checked here an no change. You were months ahead in delivery until Monday and we got closer. I think it is region and end of quarter based now and I may actually get my car first being in Arizona. I would have been thrilled with October because of end of quarter questions. I just want to beat the new year tax implications in Arizona. I'll let you know if I see a change. I did make the step of putting the cash in the bank so that could back me up until 2022. Good luck.

sflgator, I just checked here an no change. You were months ahead in delivery until Monday and we got closer. I think it is region and end of quarter based now and I may actually get my car first being in Arizona. I would have been thrilled with October because of end of quarter questions. I just want to beat the new year tax implications in Arizona. I'll let you know if I see a change. I did make the step of putting the cash in the bank so that could back me up until 2022. Good luck.

It's not a tax implication, but a registration one! My EDD still says "Dec 13 - Jan 3" and I want my car titled before 1/1 so I'm grandfathered
in!

It's not a tax implication, but a registration one! My EDD still says "Dec 13 - Jan 3" and I want my car titled before 1/1 so I'm grandfathered
in!
Correct ... just feels like a tax :) Going from $288 to $5800 caught my attention very fast. By the looks of the way this quarter is turning out, end of quarter must be for the closer locations for shipping and getting the cars delivered. Good luck !!

Correct ... just feels like a tax :) Going from $288 to $5800 caught my attention very fast. By the looks of the way this quarter is turning out, end of quarter must be for the closer locations for shipping and getting the cars delivered. Good luck !!
similar here in Ontario after 01.01 close to 20K new taxes on my Plaid on so called luxury vehicles if the Bill passes.

Based on the vin number i was assigned so far it could be well over 3000+ S/Plaid deliveries done so far this quarter. I'm going to guess 5,000 S/Plaid deliveries for this quarter.
must be closer to roughly 11 000 as per my calculation

First recorded Vin i know is 429 they produced around 2340 cars in Q2
So current Vin,s show 443 so around 11 000 if you deduct those on the Temp Lot.

So yesterday I entered my Sep 13-Sep 27th delivery window. I called my SA to ask if they could see anything on transport (the literal hour from Fremont that I live) and they said they see what I see, essentially saying, "kick sand impatient Tesla customer." After getting off the phone, my delivery dates shifted to Oct 3-Oct 27th... this morning they are back at Sep 13th-Sep 27th.

The whole string of events made it feel like I was in a fight with my mom. I know the SA doesn't control my dates, but it felt like the phone call aggravated them and they were saying, "You know what? Let's make it October! If I hear one more peep out of you I swear we'll push it to December!"

Just picked up my Blue Plaid and didn't realize it looks quite dark in person. Was going to ppf, but might look into a wrap instead. I got spoiled by my BMW's San Marino Blue 😍View attachment 709365
That is my problem. What a crappy blue the Tesla comes in...

Right Sprint Blue S4 and Sepang Blue RS7?
1631718623161.png

1631718650405.png

The idea that the car will perform in a similar matter at vastly different states of charge tells me the battery is capable of more power at higher states of charge. If you can draw the current at lower states of charge (and thus lower battery pack voltage) then you can draw the current at higher states of charge where battery voltage is higher and thus you can draw more power from the pack. If that is correct, the question becomes why is the available power not being used? Is it traction? Is it marketing?
My money is on marketing. Tesla is not likely to miss an opportunity to generat additional revenue. I'm convinced that the current Plaid is actually the Plaid+ without the 4680 battery pack. The question for me is will they sell a performance increase without the 4680s.

@Aleks0404 @Kondo @umair239 UPDATE to my Tesla Account this morning: Not sure if this is good or bad (I've heard both before in the past here on this TMC thread)...NO VIN still but my Estimated Delivery Date Sept 29-30 JUST DISAPPEARED...BLANK AGAIN. :oops: No 5JY or VIN# in source code either. WTF? Ruh roh? OR a VIN coming later today? 🤔🙏🤪 It's worth noting that with all the white ext / white interior MS Plaids getting VINs and in available inventory over the past few days, we haven't seen my exact build...white seats/CF interior trim. So, what...now they're having more CF trim shortages?
I'll bet you will have a VIN when you wake up (if you can actually sleep) tomorrow morning.
christmas.png

Can someone post the Model S Deliveries tracking spreadsheet? I'm having a hard time finding it in the thread. Thanks!

Can someone post the Model S Deliveries tracking spreadsheet? I'm having a hard time finding it in the thread. Thanks!