Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plaid was delivered on Monday, 9/13 and… HOLY S***!

I ordered it 8/23 - so got it very quick. Has a 440 VIN.

I’m coming from an 2019 M5 Competition and drove it yesterday while the Plaid was in for tint. No competition on acceleration.

Compared to the Plaid, the M5 now feels like it makes a lot of noise for trying so hard.

Plaid came with floor mats and the trunk cover.

Tint: XPELXR Plus
30% all around, 70% windshield
Just dropped it off for stealth PPF

60-130 in 4.8s
0-60 in 2.37s

Attachments

• 43095FD9-8A34-41B4-B850-C116C4605FF5.jpeg
    43095FD9-8A34-41B4-B850-C116C4605FF5.jpeg
    791.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 4FF842D8-9AF0-4E42-8B6A-04B2D7676CAA.jpeg
    4FF842D8-9AF0-4E42-8B6A-04B2D7676CAA.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 78
  • B2CB1529-FC04-4CE0-823E-EFE8FC6393BB.jpeg
    B2CB1529-FC04-4CE0-823E-EFE8FC6393BB.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 80
I’m coming from an 2019 M5 Competition and drove it yesterday while the Plaid was in for tint. No competition on acceleration.

Compared to the Plaid, the M5 now feels like it makes a lot of noise for trying so hard.
I test drove the M5 and that was my exact feeling. Why is it making so much noise and not doing more? Particularly all the pops and gurgles, they just felt forced (and alot the noise is faked from the speakers too).

I test drove the M5 and that was my exact feeling. Why is it making so much noise and not doing more? Particularly all the pops and gurgles, they just felt forced (and alot the noise is faked from the speakers too).

Because the Boy Racer crowd ( almost all above age 50 ) like those sounds as they pretend that they’re Lewis Hamilton. They, do however, find it very annoying as the Tesla pulls away from them despite all the Sturm und Drang.

Last edited:
Plaid was delivered on Monday, 9/13 and… HOLY S***!

I ordered it 8/23 - so got it very quick. Has a 440 VIN.

Plaid came with floor mats and the trunk cover.

Tint: XPELXR Plus
30% all around, 70% windshield
Just dropped it off for stealth PPF

60-130 in 4.8s
0-60 in 2.37s
thx for sharing nice watch :)

Because the Boy Racer crowd ( almost all above age 50 ) like those sounds as they pretend that they’re Lewis Hamilton. They, do however, find it very annoying as the Tesla pulls away from them despite all the Sturm und Drang.
Not part of the boy racer club nor am I 50 and I love the sound of a nice engine + exhaust set up.
Can’t explain why, I just do.
I also don’t care that a plaid will beat the brakes off my M5 in the 0-60 and the quarter mile, in the same way that I’m sure a plaid owner wouldn’t care that my m5 would wreck them in a 150-220 mph race.

Ha, I felt the same when I picked up mine yesterday, coming from a '15 Stage 2 M6 Comp. That car was fast, but the Plaid is on another level. Thought the YouTubers were just fakin it for views, but the consistent power is incredible.

That said, I do kinda miss the engine and exhaust sound (catless downpipes, tune + catback exhaust; no fake speaker sounds here). Not a boy racer and way under 50 y/o, but it's just something that adds to the experience. It was the only thing I was really hesistant about and why I resisted buying an EV before. We'll see how I feel about it after a few weeks of ownership.

Only if you proceed to finance outside of your MyTesla account. If you process the loan inside of that account, all the paperwork, down payment, etc. can be handled while the car is in transit.
@Draketurner Like @cwanja said, through Tesla is a breeze. Few caveats here. Tesla does not handle handle vehicle registration or taxes in Texas. LPT here - you will get a packet with all the info and an advertisement for TitleGirl - just go directly to the local registration location - took me 15 minutes - plates and all. TitleGirl will quote you a price based of the estimated taxes. For me it was a total of $9425 - $8611 in taxes, $250 service charge plus a $499 late charge fee (this assumes a delay in processing and would be refunded if entered in time). Hope this helps.

I do love the sound but it seems unnecessary now. I even added an x-pipe and catback exhaust - and turned off the fake sound from the speakers. I thought the three things I would miss are the engine/exhaust sound, interior with beautiful ambient lighting, and heads-up display. None of them are missed.

Not part of the boy racer club nor am I 50 and I love the sound of a nice engine + exhaust set up.
Can’t explain why, I just do.
I also don’t care that a plaid will beat the brakes off my M5 in the 0-60 and the quarter mile, in the same way that I’m sure a plaid owner wouldn’t care that my m5 would wreck them in a 150-220 mph race.

Is it delivery day yet?

Seriously, so excited about Saturday!! I'm excited to compare P100D vs Plaid acceleration (mainly from a stop) and I can't wait to see the new interior. The 9 month wait is already feeling worth it.

Debating on what to do with the Blue. Gonna make a decision once I see the car in person and give it a good wash. I'll either clear-Xpel it or I'll find a wrap that gives a brighter blue than what Tesla offers.

@Draketurner Like @cwanja said, through Tesla is a breeze. Few caveats here. Tesla does not handle handle vehicle registration or taxes in Texas. LPT here - you will get a packet with all the info and an advertisement for TitleGirl - just go directly to the local registration location - took me 15 minutes - plates and all. TitleGirl will quote you a price based of the estimated taxes. For me it was a total of $9425 - $8611 in taxes, $250 service charge plus a $499 late charge fee (this assumes a delay in processing and would be refunded if entered in time). Hope this helps.

Paying 7-9% in pure taxes is communism.

Managed to change my pick-up date 1 day earlier to this Sunday, 19-Sep! My MSLR is scheduled to arrive Saturday, so fingers crossed!

Words can't express how excited I am... but fortunately I think nearly all of you know...

I've just shared my wife's car for the past 5 years (I'm always traveling), and although I've gotten plenty of fast rental cars, those are only in the low to mid ~4 seconds. I know it's not a plaid, but 3.1(ish) is still bonkers fast.... especially compared with my wife's '14 Elantra 😂 (for the record, I've offered many times to get her something much nicer, but she's determined to drive it till it's dead.. so we'll have the most mismatched garage in the neighborhood... maybe in the county... )

Managed to change my pick-up date 1 day earlier to this Sunday, 19-Sep! My MSLR is scheduled to arrive Saturday, so fingers crossed!

Words can't express how excited I am... but fortunately I think nearly all of you know...

I've just shared my wife's car for the past 5 years (I'm always traveling), and although I've gotten plenty of fast rental cars, those are only in the low to mid ~4 seconds. I know it's not a plaid, but 3.1(ish) is still bonkers fast.... especially compared with my wife's '14 Elantra 😂 (for the record, I've offered many times to get her something much nicer, but she's determined to drive it till it's dead.. so we'll have the most mismatched garage in the neighborhood... maybe in the county... )

Wait a minute, you ordered a white interior MSLR in late April and are picking your car this week?!

That better be a typo.