Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Tigers, I don’t belong to a country club! Haha! 😜🤣. Btw - the new Roadster, if it actually happens is supposed to be $250k I believe. So add another $100k to blow on top of your $150k. And most of us here won’t do that. The MS Plaid turns out to be an unprecedented bang for your buck in terms of performance in today’s mass-produced vehicles. But the LR is very quick as well and a great bang for your buck as well.

You can actually get the base peasant roadster for only 200 g bro of course by the time they actually launch that thing here in 5 years I'm sure all the stats and pricing will be completely different

@omarsultan. Installed fully. Match was okay but they do not fill the whole counter bore and are not totally flush to the face. Also the black nut covers do not fit - they were too small.

Would love the look if I found ones that fit.
Here is the ones I picked up - they are about a buck each

LUG NUT CAP, TALL, BLACK1027010-00-B

IMG_1334.jpg

Last edited:
That looks sharp. What are you putting in the center?
Thanks -- dunno. I mostly took the pic to confirm fit for @Hayseed_MS. I'll probably go back to the stock cover (I like the look). I actually got these for the 19s I just picked up for winter driving, since I am not going to use the wheel cover with those. On those, I have the Tesla grey center cap, but am toying with picking up the black center cap that normally comes with the black arachnid wheels.

Can we just agree to disagree and let this go? It's all relative. I am happy for those of you out there that are happy with your LR's. I am also happy for those of you out there that are happy with your Plaid. I'm just waiting for me to be happy with a Plaid with 4680's. Then we can be just one big happy Tesla family?
I will be beyond pissed if they roll out a 4680 plaid in 2022.

Thanks -- dunno. I mostly took the pic to confirm fit for @Hayseed_MS. I'll probably go back to the stock cover (I like the look). I actually got these for the 19s I just picked up for winter driving, since I am not going to use the wheel cover with those. On those, I have the Tesla grey center cap, but am toying with picking up the black center cap that normally comes with the black arachnid wheels.

Here is the 3/y/s/x center cap (for pre fresh). You can see it does not quite fit. The color matches better in person but the flash picked up the difference.

1631900842001.jpeg

Your original snarky comment was directed at an example with defined parameters. You didn't do the math and were wrong. Wrong about your point of view for that example. Changing the parameters to make yourself right is not how anything is done.

No one is saying it is a black and white argument. It was already stated, by me, that after a certain point the up front purchase would be worth more than the subscription. My god, this is a textbook middle school word problem. "At what point does choice X become cheaper than choice Y." The original poster's point was that if you sell your car after two years, which many Tesla owners seem to do, then the full purchase price of FSD is ABSOLUTELY a waste of money.

I agree with you that it is not a tough mathematical issue to work out, but you failed to work it out the first time.
You are an interesting one. I’m glad you’re case is cut and dry and closed for you. I’d suggest reading or rereading the thread, but I don’t care if you do or not. All I said was that the full price FSD did give a return over time, whereas the sub does not. And I was called out as being wrong, which I’m not. I did not originally define the cost or time, I simply said it would yield a return on the initial cost, whereas the subscription will not. Im obviously aware that there is a time factor involved. And I’m also aware that one example, for either argument, does not make a definitive case. It is actually very easy to list examples of either way being the better investment.
Regardless, my point remains the same, and is just as valid as I originally stated. Paying in full for FSD is not a guaranteed worse deal than the subscription. And I’m sorry to inform anyone here, but KBB, Edmunds, etc do not write the checks that sell most vehicles. At the moment they are pretty far off.
As for the “snarkiness” I’m sorry to have offended you. Perhaps my reaction was too strong for the EQ of some here, although I’d didn't expect for you. I take responsibility and I will be more respectful. Yes, that is a passive aggressive comment and I apologize in advance for that. 😁

Reactions: impastu and Moose57
Human drivers always avoid hitting people and objects above all else, so I think those should be the prime directives.
In most cases, correct, but this is not the case when it comes to self preservation. A driver will instinctively save themselves if given the recognizable option... as an example, if a driver is faced with hitting a cyclist or swerving in front of an oncoming semi, they'll instinctively pick to hit the cyclist. Could even be a group of cyclists... or a group of pedestrians... they'll still pick hitting them over a likely head-on with a semi. (note: I used to be a cyclist, and I like cyclists)

A slight aside: An actual autonomous vehicle, on the other hand, will have to be programmed to make a decision - e.g. preserve the driver at all costs, or minimize overall loss of life (even if that means sacrificing the driver)? Whichever the choice, it has to be programmed to do that, and this will open up all sorts of lawsuits / regulatory red tape... this is partly why it'll be YEARS before fully autonomous vehicles (not needing a driver to pay attention) are commercially available (small test markets not withstanding).

Good points. Autopilot has been accused of similar issues, being just good enough to where the driver stops paying attention at the worst time. FSD 10 is showing that it can safely recover from it’s own mistakes. IMO that’s the most important feature for any FSD. It’s not about being perfect, but being able to handle mistakes in a safe manner.

FSD Prime Directives:
  1. Don’t hit people
  2. Don’t hit objects
  3. Obey the law and follow the road
Human drivers always avoid hitting people and objects above all else, so I think those should be the prime directives.

These are similar to @2021plaid prime directives
1631901605213.png

Dates continue to change. Regarding to auto insurance, im receiving quotes ranging from 275-375 per month. My previous car was a 2004 Honda accord lx coupe and was paying 95 a month. Are other people getting similar prices? I called geico, esurance and statefarm.

Blank since mid may
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/26-29 Denver, CO

Had the delivery appointment confirmed for tomorrow the 18th, Now they just called and saying they do NOT have the car yet, so they are moving it to Next week for the 24th
Anyone else having similar issues less than 24 hours and they moved the appointment.

I am also very close to Fremont Factory so asked them if, I could pick it up there, Tesla is saying that vehicle is still in production so cannot do that either.. Hmm I wonder how that is true since Vin is already assigned..
I'm scheduled to pick up on Sunday (car supposed to arrive at SC tomorrow). I called today and was told my car now won't arrive till 10PM Sunday, and they would have called me tomorrow to reschedule had I not called them today (so.. less than 24 hours even though they already know it won't make it on time)

You are an interesting one. I’m glad you’re case is cut and dry and closed for you. I’d suggest reading or rereading the thread, but I don’t care if you do or not. All I said was that the full price FSD did give a return over time, whereas the sub does not. And I was called out as being wrong, which I’m not. I did not originally define the cost or time, I simply said it would yield a return on the initial cost, whereas the subscription will not. Im obviously aware that there is a time factor involved. And I’m also aware that one example, for either argument, does not make a definitive case. It is actually very easy to list examples of either way being the better investment.
Regardless, my point remains the same, and is just as valid as I originally stated. Paying in full for FSD is not a guaranteed worse deal than the subscription. And I’m sorry to inform anyone here, but KBB, Edmunds, etc do not write the checks that sell most vehicles. At the moment they are pretty far off.
As for the “snarkiness” I’m sorry to have offended you. Perhaps my reaction was too strong for the EQ of some here, although I’d didn't expect for you. I take responsibility and I will be more respectful. Yes, that is a passive aggressive comment and I apologize in advance for that. 😁
I meant your snarky comment to the original poster. I wasn't offended.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I just love to play devil's advocate. For instance, I never said the Plaid is a waste of money, but end up in those conversations. For what it's worth, I absolutely LOVE driving. I always have. I've made trips from the west coast to the east coast driving 4 times now. I never once dreaded the trip.

For that reason, I will probably never get FSD, even the subscription. I haven't even tried autopilot yet. I'll use it eventually out of intellectual curiosity, but I will probably be watching it the same way you run behind a child riding their first bike, cautiously ready to grab control because I don't trust it yet.

Can we just agree to disagree and let this go? It's all relative. I am happy for those of you out there that are happy with your LR's. I am also happy for those of you out there that are happy with your Plaid. I'm just waiting for me to be happy with a Plaid with 4680's. Then we can be just one big happy Tesla family?
Amen, brother. And can I just say, coming from a Honda Accord… I F ing love my LR and the feelings continue to grow every day. 😀😀😀