Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure, is it?
It is. Everyone has the sensors and even if you didn’t buy FSD, park assist should work. If it doesn’t, make sure the sensors are clean/unobstructed. If they are, schedule a service appointment if the issue persists.

AutoPark in parallel or perpendicular spaces is part of FSD. However that feature isn’t available yet for the refresh Model S, unless you’re part of the early access program.

I'm not sure, is it?
Yes. Did you have your car wrapped/PPF applied? If so, that could be the problem. (Some coverings have to be cut out over the ultrasonic sensors. Or sometimes the detailer forgets to fully plug the sensors/harnesses back in after they take things apart.)

1632155960591.png

It is. Everyone has the sensors and even if you didn’t buy FSD, park assist should work. If it doesn’t, make sure the sensors are clean/unobstructed. If they are, schedule a service appointment if the issue persists.

AutoPark in parallel or perpendicular spaces is part of FSD. However that feature isn’t available yet for the refresh Model S, unless you’re part of the early access program.
Park Assist Unavailable has been a recurring message in our X on 2021.24.5
After submitting service request through app, an SA messaged back that this is a known issue that would be addressed in a future release...waiting for Godot.

Hi Guys,

While people's EDD gets pushed earlier, mine actually got pushed back. Originally says July and got pushed to February and earlier in the month it shows Nov 19 - Dec 9, and now suddenly got pushed to Dec 20 - Jan 9. If I call the SA or Chat with Tesla will it help to move up the date? The only reason is my Lease is due in November and I need to make sure I have something to drive. :D

MSLR Midnight Silver Metallic / Black/White Interior / 19 Inch Wheels / FSD
Judging by most of us... talking to your SA will just be a waste of time. White interiors have been all over the place so I'd bet that's where the delay is coming from.

Just called Tesla and they pinged my VIN. Hasn't left the factory yet but the person I talked to said it'll probably closer to the 22nd-25th than all the way out to the 27th. It's about a 6 hour drive from Fremont so it would have to get on a truck today or tomorrow to be inspected and ready by the 25th.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399
EDD: Sep 22 - 27

Just called Tesla and they pinged my VIN. Hasn't left the factory yet but the person I talked to said it'll probably closer to the 22nd-25th than all the way out to the 27th. It's about a 6 hour drive from Fremont so it would have to get on a truck today or tomorrow to be inspected and ready by the 25th.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399
EDD: Sep 22 - 27
oh man i cant believe it, looks like they are finally building the unicorn white/white with CF. Congrats we need some pics did you get the VIN?

Well, you're bound to get a number of replies on it. Given that this is a new model, there's little likelihood of it taking a nose dive for value - unless there's a serious competitor at a similar price point. Finishing off my current lease and pondering whether to keep it doesn't make sense - that is lease then buy out. You'll take a hit on it any which way you look at it - in the end you pay too much for it. That said, no car you plan to drive daily is an investment, it'll always be a cost. If you can swing the loan then that would be the best option unless you plan on upgrading it regularly. At that point, you might think about a lease. You're not likely to see the Model S come down significantly in the next few years as they'll eventually roll out the new packs, an upgraded AutoPilot and who knows what else. I hope that Tesla keeps with the idea of upgradability of the AP and MCU.
thanks for the reply. Unlike most leases, i think Tesla's don't have a buy out option - at least i think my lease doesn't - so i may convert to purchase before picking up - i was going to buy my daughter's compass at the end of the lease and then just flip it and make $5k or whatever, and decided not to bother.

some of my thoughts include will the 4680 cells come out on the LR or Plaid or whatever the S will be at the time, and what will that do to the current refresh? How about Lucid, Rivian, Polestar, etc.? Right now Tesla is really in the lead - but the others may catch up. It doesn't diminish how great the car is per se, but if i can get a similar car or superior car, for the same or less money, that would decrease the value of my 3 year old car at the time.
years ago, i was looking at townhouses, and the market dropped, so the guy trying to sell his offered to sell for less if he could prepay more of his mortgage - new ones were going for LESS!!!!
I'm not worried about a few dollars, I AM more concerned about 36 months later, i'm i the present tesla monkey situation and then i'd need a stop gap car, which would kinda suck.

It's a classic "strawman" argument. When someone resorts to this type of argument, it's time to just do a /facepalm and walk away. Can't discuss things in a rational manner with guys like that.

Don't let his shenanigans get you down.... the rest of us freaking love your posts.
love is too strong. can we agree like without commitment? :)