Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car looks amazing! Can you share a few more angles?
With pleasure! Here you go:

A31D2132-B2D9-49A0-B10F-E34C4FEB9441.jpeg
D95AA127-E73A-4C65-9BBF-FBC1B2388D3C.jpeg
E4B0E000-3144-470C-B785-FE3E6D4F621F.jpeg
DD65D8B7-C7A3-4AAF-B553-6B090FC431AB.jpeg
AA240E27-3DA1-49B5-9FDC-32068F28131E.jpeg
5AC687E3-982C-4608-AB2A-35336329E8C5.jpeg
D796B197-16DE-4901-BE15-28BCC17F2CF0.jpeg
60D54386-2B4C-40BC-82F2-943660D92EC8.jpeg

Doesn't matter how much price difference the two have, 50k or 70k...who cares. I have no issue with anyone buying whatever the heck they want with their money. Some Plaid buyers are probably doing that for the exact same reason some LR buyers, including yourself, are fighting hard trying to convince others that your choice is worth it. You can't claim for an issue to be present yet be a part of it yourself in the same comment. I mean in your own post you act surprised over this and then proceed to state how Plaid is an overkill etc. etc.
I don't understand why some people are taking this seriously when in reality your overkill might be the norm for someone else and vice versa so who cares what someone buys. If LR is your cup of tea, great! and if Plaid gives you an erection, good for you.

That is some real selective cherry picking you have done there. And you also have completely fabricated things I have never said. Where to start:

some LR buyers, including yourself, are fighting hard trying to convince others that your choice is worth it.
Where did you get this? I have not fought hard. I haven't even fought, to convince anyone that my choice is "worth it". You are imagining this point of view. I have never ONCE told a Plaid buyer they made a mistake, or should have purchased a LR, unless it was a tongue in cheek joke. I have made jokes about the subject, and advised one person who was on the fence about how to consider each vehicle, but I have never said or felt the way you are describing my point of view.

I mean in your own post you act surprised over this and then proceed to state how Plaid is an overkill

I stated that Plaid would be overkill, but I was specifically talking about my situation. You see how you took something I assigned to my situation, and then generalized it as something I was saying about all Plaids? My exact quote is "I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me."

If you want to talk about my comments, great. But if you want to assign meaning to things based on feelings I have never expressed, or points of views I do not have, keep those thoughts to yourself.

Hi, first time posting and recently purchased the MS LR July 10, 2021 and set up the rest of the car order got it approved August 9th, 2021.

My EDD originally went from Sept-Oct to Nov 7-27 to Dec 7-27 and is now blank. Is anyone facing the same thing?
My dates have done almost the same shifts. Moved from a mid Nov date to 27 Oct - 16 Nov over the weekend and no VIN yet. So definitely seeing the shifts but it sounds like you have a VIN in your very near future!

That is some real selective cherry picking you have done there. And you also have completely fabricated things I have never said. Where to start:

Where did you get this? I have not fought hard. I haven't even fought, to convince anyone that my choice is "worth it". You are imagining this point of view. I have never ONCE told a Plaid buyer they made a mistake, or should have purchased a LR, unless it was a tongue in cheek joke. I have made jokes about the subject, and advised one person who was on the fence about how to consider each vehicle, but I have never said or felt the way you are describing my point of view.

I stated that Plaid would be overkill, but I was specifically talking about my situation. You see how you took something I assigned to my situation, and then generalized it as something I was saying about all Plaids? My exact quote is "I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me."

If you want to talk about my comments, great. But if you want to assign meaning to things based on feelings I have never expressed, or points of views I do not have, keep those thoughts to yourself.
You see? This is one of the bad things you get with social media and why I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. ANYONE can read almost ANYTHING into what you say even when you gave the most innocuous statement. They just twist your words into meaning what THEY want and not what you originally meant.

EDD moved to Sep 22-27 this morning. Going to call them when they open to see if I can get more details. Have an appointment at the wrap shop on the 27th so that's cutting it sorta close.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399

Well damn, mine still says Sept 20-30 after 4 moves of EDD this month. 1142 Blue/white int/CF/19"/FSD
I have no VIN and if yours just moved then, then mine has to be after (build components the same really). Sure hope it's a Q3 delivery.

It's a classic "strawman" argument. When someone resorts to this type of argument, it's time to just do a /facepalm and walk away. Can't discuss things in a rational manner with guys like that.

Don't let his shenanigans get you down.... the rest of us freaking love your posts.
I do. But I think he needs to be more of reactive on posting impressions. He’s been slacking and should continue with his musings at least through November.

Thanks @2021plaid and @Bull ! I was wondering if I need to have a car insurance ready during this waiting process or should I wait till I get myself my VIN?
Insurance will generally require a VIN. I was told by my agent that I'm automatically covered for any new car purchase and have 2 weeks after taking possession of it to let them know and give them the VIN. Call your agent to ask though since I have no doubt that California is different.

Hi Guys,

While people's EDD gets pushed earlier, mine actually got pushed back. Originally says July and got pushed to February and earlier in the month it shows Nov 19 - Dec 9, and now suddenly got pushed to Dec 20 - Jan 9. If I call the SA or Chat with Tesla will it help to move up the date? The only reason is my Lease is due in November and I need to make sure I have something to drive. :D

MSLR Midnight Silver Metallic / Black/White Interior / 19 Inch Wheels / FSD

Anyone else who doesn’t have FSD getting this park assist warning? If I don’t have FSD I don’t have that feature, so why tell me it doesn’t work?View attachment 711903
I do too and glad someone else does (well, not really) I was super confused when I saw this for the first time and thought that FSD might have accidently leaked in lol