Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one figure out the build date via VIN?

Picking up a MS LR with the last 4 digits of 4068 later this afternoon and I want to make sure it's not a May build or something
not recent...
What are the first three digits after MF? That will give an indication. Someone said they were tracking the VINs against birth dates and provided a spreadsheet. No clue where that spreadsheet is or who it was that was tracking it. You can also ask your SA or delivery center what the birth date of the car was.

PS and congrats! Enjoy.

Just got a call from Tesla Service Advisor if I was willing to pick up tomorrow a “similar“ Plaid. This one is in Fort Worth TX and it’s a blue, black CF interior with 19” wheels. My order is for a Blue, White CF interior Plaid with 21” wheels. I politely declined.

So if anyone in Texas wants this car give them a call. It’s from a canceled order.

Smart move on your part.

The negative reviews I found with the body shop I visited was all about paint matching issues.

At any rate, I have not hit an animal on the road since I was a teenager, and no one has ever hit my parked car before. What the hell else can happen to the very first new car I have purchased, and the most expensive car I have ever owned. I'm expecting a jet engine to fall out of the sky tomorrow.
Just had an un-commanded reversion to manual mode on one of mine so, be careful, it just might be one of my planes.

Mine is 433 and I picked up my 6/13 build on 6/26, in case it's helpful for context.

Spoke to my SA. My 434 is a June 17 build and it has 11 miles on it. According to him it had "some parts that needed replacing from
the factory and were on back order for a couple of months but all of this has been rectified and the car is good go".

Leaving in an hr to go pick it up and will be going over it in detail....

Spoke to my SA. My 434 is a June 17 build and it has 11 miles on it. According to him it had "some parts that needed replacing from
the factory and were on back order for a couple of months but all of this has been rectified and the car is good go".

Leaving in an hr to go pick it up and will be going over it in detail....
(Tentatively) Congrats! Hopefully no issues. Mine has been rock solid since pickup, so here's hoping the same for you.

Picked up the car but got slammed at work (tons of emails during my inspection) so no driving impressions for a while.

Thanks to @lbowroom who was right about Costa Mesa and Orange County. The pickup was easy and I inspected the car for 2 hours with no pressure. Staff were walking around to answer questions but didn't pressure any of us to move along. In fact, on my way out, they asked if I had any questions about the new Tesla and when I said I had a question about putting the car in Park, they called someone over who gave me a walkthrough of all the functions.

Overall, QC of my car was more than fine (but I am relatively forgiving) and I am very happy I decided to pick up this one EOQ instead of waiting for my October build (even though this is a 2021 and not a 2022). In two hours, I found (a) 4 little scratches/ blemishes, (b) one almost panel gap that I will at least include on my list, (c) 2 minor seat wrinkles in back corners of the seat but not as bad as some I have seen here, and (d) a door outside trim piece that was not quite lined up to the end of the door. Otherwise, everything seemed to line up and I had all the pieces (floor mats, rear privacy cover and floor and bin cover, and all the keys). My wife was a trooper through it all and actually caught all but one of the scratches and the seat wrinkles using what she calls her handbag inspection vision.

Of course, my PPF installer may find a lot that I missed but I hope not.

Thanks again and good luck everyone.

For grins and giggles, I "Refreshed" the interior of my new MYP to mirror that of my Plaid. In addition to adding custom refinished (Walnut) dash trim (did this myself), I added a yoke, to keep the driving experience consistent between the Plaid and MYP. I do like yoke and stalks much better then the Plaid's yoke and yoke buttons. Detailed review of the new Yoke can be found here:

@Phlier @WilliamG

Hey, I'm still hoping to get my car soon. Anyone have a set of 19" Plaid rims they want to part with? I need to ship to Canada T4B 3L7. I need something for the winter. PM with a price please. No rubber required. I'll take the TPMS if you don't need them though.
Why not order through Parts, or are you hoping to get a better price?

Hey Everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping you can provide some insight on my situation. I got my VIN number on 8/20, but after calling about 10 SAs over the last month, as of yesterday they say the car still hasn't shipped from Fremont. All have said they don't see any issue noted about the car, but they also can't explain why it hasn't moved to logistics yet. Any thoughts on why they haven't gotten my car on a train/truck to my location (Charlotte, NC) after over a month?
Elon has stated that a lot of cars got built, but are awaiting certain parts to finish them off. It's possible your car is "built," but awaiting a few last minute parts. Given that your car hasn't left Fremont yet, I'd be willing to bet that's the case.

Welcome to TMC, and I hope your car gets moving soon!

Gave you the details of my delivery day which really went off without a hitch. Now driven it a few hundred miles on a road trip, though the city streets in Atlanta so feel like I can review.

First, I have been looking at a Tesla for over five years. Not just because I hate gas stations but mainly I was intrigued by the autopilot feature. But many factors prevented me from buying. Lack of superchargers in the South and, quite frankly I did that think the interior of the car came close to a 80k car. Also, I really did say the car needs a refresh and once it did, I would look at. So this year it happens. And there is this yoke and Im like, WTH is that. I wait about two months and do the order figuring they will figure it out.

Then I find this forum which is the best and worst thing to happen to my wait time. I wait and I wait and where are the cars Elon and why no 19 inch wheels Elon and so on and so on. Meanwhile, I continue to read and learn what a panel gap is and then I find out my car has rock chips (seriously, had my black car for 6 years and never noticed the rock chips). I'm not a car guy and now I'm learning about PPF and on and on.

I thought, do I really need this car. And I did it. I clicked on the cancel button. Then luckily they asked to confirm. I said what the hell. I'll wait. And no, I'm not doing PPF and I'm sure the door on the left is 1/8 inches different than the right door, but to each his own.

Well, as my first thought showed I loved the car. And still do. It really is amazing. I was ready to trash the yoke. I mean why reinvent the wheel. And by damn it, I really like it. It is fun to use. Like everyone has said, the blinkers could use some work but not horrible. It is the only thing that would get a .2 deduction off the car.

I also got to test the speed out on this car. Oh my. I really can't imagine the plaid. I'm not a fast driver but my son is and we took turns driving and acceleration launching and even dusting a BMW M5 laughing the whole time. I also got to pass a truck on a two lane road. Wow. I doubt I will really do that much often but knowing I have this power is amazing.

Other thoughts:. Supercharging much faster than I thought. Love the suspension features. Autopilot is better than I thought. I mean it was smooth. Comfortable seats. Sound system is above average. UI is very intuitive. Phone app cool. The fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy. Lots of space. Glass roof is great anyway. Will check in now and then, but for all those frustrated by the wait, you hear it again and again but it really is worth the wait. Hoping no issues pop up, but if they do, we'll fix em and move on.

FC8F3A64-295C-43B9-86F9-416D028B2E22.jpeg

Love the car. Here is the Midnight Fox

Last edited: