Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how to remove the driver side B Pillar? My driver side B pillar is making rattle noise right by the Mic. You can tap pillar right by the Mic, and it's loose, while the passenger side is nice and firm. So when I am on the call, people complains I am very hard to hear and they can also hear rattle noise. When not in a call, the rattle noise is still very annoying..

I have a service scheduled the end of the month, however was wondering if there were something easy that I can do to fix it?

Anyone know how to remove the driver side B Pillar? My driver side B pillar is making rattle noise right by the Mic. You can tap pillar right by the Mic, and it's loose, while the passenger side is nice and firm. So when I am on the call, people complains I am very hard to hear and they can also hear rattle noise. When not in a call, the rattle noise is still very annoying..

I have a service scheduled the end of the month, however was wondering if there were something easy that I can do to fix it?
I suspect its all the same amount of plastic clips and light prying in the right order to detach.

🤷‍♂️

My *guess* is vision-only, based on a couple of things:
  • When AutoPark was working, it was able to park without needing other cars to bracket the space, which was kinda cooling and added some excitement to the process
  • When using AP, the car still seems to struggle with the appropriate following distance and you still cannot set following distance from the steering wheel, which makes me think they are still validating that
BTW, quick video of the AutoPark if you have not seen it in action:
Sweet. Thx for that!

My car has been at the SC getting a new damn HV battery for 8 days. Give me a break!!!! 😂

Edit: and I would argue you've been on more than me over the past few weeks (certainly typed more words!!!!)

LOL

Don't worry @sflgator, this backmouthin peasant ain't gonna have money to pay his rent, let along get a Plaid, after he sends me a $10k check on an I'll advised bet

Last edited:
🤷‍♂️

My *guess* is vision-only, based on a couple of things:
  • When AutoPark was working, it was able to park without needing other cars to bracket the space, which was kinda cooling and added some excitement to the process
  • When using AP, the car still seems to struggle with the appropriate following distance and you still cannot set following distance from the steering wheel, which makes me think they are still validating that
BTW, quick video of the AutoPark if you have not seen it in action:

I really don't like the turning the steering wheel full-stop while the car is stationary. I mean does anyone even do that irl? Why not have the car creep as turning the wheel? Seems bad for the tires and steering components to do that.

Almost 54 weeks since I placed my original Plaid (+) order.

The starting window of my EDD is 10/7. So, 10/4, almost midnight and no VIN.....What's worse?

Driving my son's ICE car...had the unfortunate need to get gas....$50!!
  1. Couldn't remember what side of the damn car the tank opening was (yes, I remembered to look at the arrow......eventually)
  2. Forgot I had to pick what hideous grade of crude I wanted
  3. Stood there pushing the top of the nozzle but the gas door would not open
  4. Walked away not engaging the lock to continue pumping
  5. Started to drive away with the cap dangling and the door open

Ok. So 3 and 4 didn't happen. But it seemed like it could have.

Drove the wife's car (MB 560) the other day to HD.

Shifted into park, same stalk as the MS.

Pressed the scroll wheel to turn off audio, similar to MS

Walked away, and LEFT the car RUNNING! Came back 3O mi later, no harm done, but, wife says I am senile.

I told her that's why I need a Plaid with FSD.

Walked away, and LEFT the car RUNNING! Came back 3O mi later, no harm done, but, wife says I am senile.
I do this every time I drive my Jeep lol. I notice after I get out and about to walk away and go dammit and have to crawl back in and push the button. lol. Def first world problems

My EDD window start date was today until this morning. Now, it's 22 Oct. That actually works better for me so I'll probably get a delivery appointment tomorrow.

Warning, anecdotal 3rd hand info from another thread, supposed to be from a insider.

Apparently, there is a part shortage and lines are shut down for a few days as many are taking some days off after the EOQ rush

However, if you had an EDD in Sept you should get your car in Oct.

Add NaCl as required.

When I read the stories of people having the power steering go out on a Tesla, I think, "Man, you haven't lived until you've flown a 737 in manual reversion mode..." ;)

Luckily, we only do manual reversion as a training exercise now instead of during PC checks with an overzealous check airman.

A few years back, we all finished our PC's (yeah... .back when we did PC's...) early and had a bunch of extra time. Check airman set me up to do a manual reversion single engine ILS down to Cat II with no HUD, and no flight director. There were no survivors. :D
No survivors 🤣

Drove the wife's car (MB 560) the other day to HD.

Shifted into park, same stalk as the MS.

Pressed the scroll wheel to turn off audio, similar to MS

I told her that's why I need a Plaid with FSD.
Did that too. Only 46 years old. Damn shame.