Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tidbits from the Shareholder meeting yesterday added some more chicken bones to the can...

No mention of plaid, very little mention of S and X. Brushed aside CT production question.

Several awkward reassurances that Freemont will still grow and be supported. In management speak, this means the opposite is closer to the truth.

AND, the move of headquarters to TX.

I predict less support on production and delivery of plaid and LR.
Man so much negativity lol! He said an expansion of Fremont of 50%! I was blown away by this! I thought that Fremont was pretty much done.
And the biggest thing that was largely missed was that the fact that the MY from Texas will likely be shipping from the start of production with 4680s, just not 4680s being produced at Texas. This is also huge, as I had given up hope that we would see a 4680 Tesla in customer's hands this year.
And lastly, the poor guy's got Asperger's. He's going to be a little awkward. But look at what he's achieved with his limitations compared to us!😁👍

@Ormond Nope, just anodized aluminum caps with Tesla logo on tip - to match Gemini wheel center caps. Caps, lug covers and valve stem covers cost me less than $30 for all four wheels.

View attachment 718907View attachment 718908
Good luck keeping those. Wish I had a nickel for every time one or more of my valve caps was stolen by munchkins (supposition) off my Lexus. I've also had them "stolen" when taken in to have the tires rotated. Noticed after having gotten the car home and drove back, only to find that they didn't make a mistake and replace the caps with cheap plastic ones, my caps just simply vaporized into thin air. So I make it a point to inspect my caps before and after leaving the tire place. Of course, $30 isn't a great deal of money, but if they keep disappearing, it could add up?

Good luck keeping those. Wish I had a nickel for every time one or more of my valve caps was stolen by munchkins (supposition) off my Lexus. I've also had them "stolen" when taken in to have the tires rotated. Noticed after having gotten the car home and drove back, only to find that they didn't make a mistake and replace the caps with cheap plastic ones, my caps just simply vaporized into thin air. So I make it a point to inspect my caps before and after leaving the tire place. Of course, $30 isn't a great deal of money, but if they keep disappearing, it could add up?
The valve stem caps were less than $8. These plus the lug nut and center wheel caps was what was less than $30.

Man so much negativity lol! He said an expansion of Fremont of 50%! I was blown away by this! I thought that Fremont was pretty much done.
And the biggest thing that was largely missed was that the fact that the MY from Texas will likely be shipping from the start of production with 4680s, just not 4680s being produced at Texas. This is also huge, as I had given up hope that we would see a 4680 Tesla in customer's hands this year.
And lastly, the poor guy's got Asperger's. He's going to be a little awkward. But look at what he's achieved with his limitations compared to us!😁👍
A lot of positive news on the factories, M3 and MY, owners and shareholders should be stoked.

Reading between the lines on what little was said on Plaid, and MS/MX, I am less sanguine.

He's not a poor guy...despite his boxable house. Which BTW, it appears Claire has kicked him out of...

Well this is big.... looks like wood is gone as an option for the Plaid:
Plaid looks to be CF-only as of n
Bah... I guess I'll probably end up with CF, then. : /

And I came this close to getting the exact car I wanted ten days ago. :(
I’ll swap trims with you any time. I’ve been trying to order the CF trim for my non existent LR for months.

A lot of positive news on the factories, M3 and MY, owners and shareholders should be stoked.

Reading between the lines on what little was said on Plaid, and MS/MX, I am less sanguine.

He's not a poor guy...despite his boxable house. Which BTW, it appears Claire has kicked him out of...
Well I look at is the more expanded the factory is, the more capacity and less wait times there will be. Also I've heard that the Fremont factory will in fact be refreshed with the new paint shop from Texas and Berlin-Brandenburg. This news actually made me quite positive about deliveries and production.😁

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Just occured to me an enterprising entity should be buying up ALL the plaid wood trims if available on the EPC...
Just insert *wood* here:

Attachments

• 200-8.gif
    200-8.gif
    296.1 KB · Views: 46
Bah... I guess I'll probably end up with CF, then. : /

And I came this close to getting the exact car I wanted ten days ago. :(
I hope not (I have Black with Cream and Walnut on order), and I would not assume that. My current 2014 MS 85 is Green. I ordered it in August 2014 and Tesla dropped the Green option within just a few weeks of that. Mine was delivered in Nov. 2014 in Green. We’ll see. LATEST EDD is Oct 20-31. We will see—some day.

My RN1146 just moved from Oct. 11 - Oct. 31 to Nov. 27 - Dec. 25. Yeeeeoucch. That one hurts.

Plaid/White/White/CF
uh oh. dreading mine moving again, i'm a similar config -- Plaid/Black Exterior/White interior /CF/19". i was a battery day Plaid+ order that's still holding at October 31st - November 30th at the moment. Not optimistic.

Damn that is not nearly as good as I thought it would be....
I mean it's ok, but not quite the 430+ or something I was expecting.

Damn that is not nearly as good as I thought it would be....
I mean it's ok, but not quite the 430+ or something I was expecting.

Disappointing. MB has dropped that ball big time. Did they not learn from the Taycan?

Lucid mgmt is very happy to hear no doubt...

Disappointing. MB has dropped that ball big time. Did they not learn from the Taycan?

Lucid mgmt is very happy to hear no doubt...
Oh absolutely. The MS has had a 350 mile range for years, and this ultra efficient brand new MB with a 7.8 kWh more battery capacity and its 0.20 Cd is the same. That kinda stinks. A massive difference from the 478 mile WLTP range.
It's not the biggest deal, as 350 is the best we've seen so far from a non Tesla or Lucid EV, but still.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely. The MS has had a 350 mile range for years, and this ultra efficient brand new MB with a 7.8 kWh more battery capacity and its 0.20 Cd is the same. That kinda stinks. A massive difference from the 478 mile WLTP range.
It's not the biggest deal, as 350 is the best we've seen so far from a non Tesla or Lucid EV, but still.
Most customers are oblivious to things this crowd cares about. I just spent 20 minutes demoing my MS to a coworker's wife, who is getting a MY. She had never even been in a Tesla before. Her biggest concern; can she keep the car cool with her grandchildren in it if it is parked.

Most people buying an EV MB won't be doing it for the superior range or acceleration. They will be doing it for MB luxury without gas. I think MB is banking on this. We'll see if that pans out.

Most customers are oblivious to things this crowd cares about. I just spent 20 minutes demoing my MS to a coworker's wife, who is getting a MY. She had never even been in a Tesla before. Her biggest concern; can she keep the car cool with her grandchildren in it if it is parked.

Most people buying an EV MB won't be doing it for the superior range or acceleration. They will be doing it for MB luxury without gas. I think MB is banking on this. We'll see if that pans out.
Totally agreed. There is a market for these cars. So it will be just fine.😁