Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious about the build date of my LR:
I received my car on Sept 23rd (LR) but it seems to be one of the lowest VIN# that was delivered.

MF430XXX and it says that the car was built in May 2021.

Why would they wait 4 months if the car was built in May?

Any idea or thoughts?
There were a lot of cars that were assembled, but not completed as they were waiting for parts to finish them. I'm guessing you got one of those cars.

Suggestion: Read your manual regarding operational differences between AP and Full Self Driving.
It would be nice if the owner's manual specifically called out what features are in FSD vs AP. It mentions FDS six times, each describing a feature that's available with the option but there's no summary table or feature breakdown. I wonder if it's intentionally vague to allow for features to be moved between the two levels of autonomous control.

my safety score for the day went from 98 to 99 by doing launches.
I did a ton of launches in my 3. So many that I thought for sure I wasn't going to get the Beta even though I had a 100 score.

I did get the Beta, so apparently even though Tesla has been watching acceleration, they aren't holding it against us, as long as you meet the parameters that they've deemed important enough to matter.

Quintessential post about getting car back from PPF spa day aka putting your kid through college. Coming up on 1 month of Model S ownership but only in garage for 3 days between Tesla service appointment and PPF day. Almost worse than the 7 month wait. Basically a second delivery day for me.

Detail Maniac in Sacramento did a great job. Stek PPF, CQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on all surfaces (window and wheels too), and 35% tint.

View attachment 720710
View attachment 720715
View attachment 720716
View attachment 720717
Even I would look good in that car.

Seriously beautiful, man, congratulations.

Quintessential post about getting car back from PPF spa day aka putting your kid through college. Coming up on 1 month of Model S ownership but only in garage for 3 days between Tesla service appointment and PPF day. Almost worse than the 7 month wait. Basically a second delivery day for me.

Detail Maniac in Sacramento did a great job. Stek PPF, CQuartz Finest Reserve ceramic coating on all surfaces (window and wheels too), and 35% tint.

View attachment 720710
View attachment 720715
View attachment 720716
View attachment 720717
That car looks EXACTLY like mine!

Except for the spoiler.

And the perforated bolsters.

Contrasting piping.

Third engine.

Plaid logo.

Oh, and someone backed into mine.

But other than that!

That car looks EXACTLY like mine!

Except for the spoiler.

And the perforated bolsters.

Contrasting piping.

Third engine.

Plaid logo.

Oh, and someone backed into mine.

But other than that!
I'm really impressed that you've kept your sense of humor after everything you've gone through with your car.

I'd have lost what little cool I have long ago.

How are things going with your car? Any progress?

Looks like first NF VIN confirmed

um, I'm reading that as a MF VIN. I'm also curious if it shows the VIN per se, or only if looking at the page source. I haven't checked my page source in months - why bother? My EDD date is listed as, "ha haha hahaha"

View attachment 720710
View attachment 720715
View attachment 720716
View attachment 720717
En fuego. Congratulations.

I'm really impressed that you've kept your sense of humor after everything you've gone through with your car.

I'd have lost what little cool I have long ago.

How are things going with your car? Any progress?
Believe me, this has been a major stress the past few weeks.

I have tried 3 times over the last two weeks to have the person who hit my car contact me. I've done so by reaching out to his business partner, twice by text and once by phone. He never contacted me, even though I was assured the info was passed along. So yesterday I went to the police station and filed the police report. This morning I contacted my insurance company and filed a claim. I am now researching small claims court to go after my deductible and depreciation value, if it comes to that.

To make matters worse, I am friends with the business partner. This happened on their business property. I gave the contact info of my friend to my insurance company, since I did not have contact info of the one who hit my car. My insurance company said if he is not cooperative with releasing the contact info of the man who did this, they will file against the business.

This is going to get very messy and ruin a few friendships. Such is life.

I have tried 3 times over the last two weeks to have the person who hit my car contact me. I've done so by reaching out to his business partner, twice by text and once by phone. He never contacted me, even though I was assured the info was passed along. So yesterday I went to the police station and filed the police report. This morning I contacted my insurance company and filed a claim. I am now researching small claims court to go after my deductible and depreciation value, if it comes to that.

To make matters worse, I am friends with the business partner. This happened on their business property. I gave the contact info of my friend to my insurance company, since I did not have contact info of the one who hit my car. My insurance company said if he is not cooperative with releasing the contact info of the man who did this, they will file against the business.

Well for what it's worth, the guy did hit your car. Offered to pay. Then disappeared. You were never at fault here and gave a lot of time to the other party to do what's right. At some point you have to move forward and the (possibly) ruined friendships are not on you.

@AnselmDante You didn't ruin the friendship, the "Richard" that is "hiding out in the open" did. Not sure it was much of a two-way friendship if they are behaving as you say. "Good Riddance," and light 'em up, I say!

you did everything appropriate...your conscience should be clear.

@AnselmDante You didn't ruin the friendship, the "Richard" that is "hiding out in the open" did. Not sure it was much of a two-way friendship if they are behaving as you say. "Good Riddance," and light 'em up, I say!
I'm not friends with the guy that hit me. I'm friends with his business partner. What makes it awkward is I volunteer to help my friends business. Now I will avoid the place until this is all settled, and then it will be weird. It's kind of like if your best friends roommate is a jerk. You don't want to spend too much time at your friends place.

Last edited:
Sorry about that...but there is always, "Tommorow"
F it. I’m going to take that trip. I just spoke to my advisor about both cars on order. He said the Plaid date will be later than what my EDD states and he can’t see that far ahead for our MYP (currently mid-November).

He stated that not accepting my VIN will not put me to back of line. Rather, I ‘should’ get next car that matches my config/region.

Does not know when N VINs will start.

And they can hold for 3 days. More if no one else has that config on order at that delivery site. I swear, I will shoot you. :)

I went into the manual and tried out some of the suggestions. I think I can get away with driving without the AC and just using the seat coolers for temperature control. I'm curious how much battery the inductive phone chargers use as well. I tried turning off the AC / placing my phone in a cup holder instead and dropped to 280 Wh/mile just driving around town. I hadn't thought that highways would be worse but I guess that makes sense. I might experiment on a long road trip at a painful 55 mph just to see from a time efficiency point which method reigns supreme. Drive 55 mph for 6 hours in one direction without charging... or drive 80+ the same distance but stop every 180 miles for a 15 minute top off... Idk which wins
It stinks but drag goes up by the square of the change in speed. Drafting semis helps as does tooling along with a large group of cars which, collectively, are moving the associated mass of air down the highway with them. The semi thing is tough as they tend to kick up a lot of crap which dings the paint and, if it is a tire tread, can do significant damage.

Just saw this gorgeous MSM Plaid, 21” at the Lisle, Illinois service center. Wasn’t missing anything and fit and finish was spot on. This was a 7/2021 build. VIN MF437 and it’s available from a cancelled order.

I spent an hour checking it out. Closing the doors, trying out the Yoke and the new UI. Would love to buy it if it matched my configuration.
1634079178070.jpeg

Attachments

• 018E39EA-D334-47DA-B4D8-B72B7B52233A.jpeg
    018E39EA-D334-47DA-B4D8-B72B7B52233A.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 12135545-5C8D-4C8F-A745-6717903FB7EF.jpeg
    12135545-5C8D-4C8F-A745-6717903FB7EF.jpeg
    800.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 9459EF0A-B29D-403B-9989-D86C1DDA8B4C.jpeg
    9459EF0A-B29D-403B-9989-D86C1DDA8B4C.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 2F9BD129-9F0C-40A5-AD95-0998711875C7.jpeg
    2F9BD129-9F0C-40A5-AD95-0998711875C7.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 58
  • D377EF28-36AF-46DF-B07D-BB08EB7E1DE2.jpeg
    D377EF28-36AF-46DF-B07D-BB08EB7E1DE2.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 60
I'm not friends with the guy that hit me. I'm friends with his business partner. What makes it awkward is I volunteer to help my friends business. Now I will avoid the place until this is all settled, and then it will be weird. It's kind of like if your best friends roommate is a jerk. You don't want to spend too much time at your friends place.
I don't know about all that. It is an accident, not intentional. Sure, he could have followed through on this, but is probably more stressed than you are. Just give it to your insurance as you did, and let your friend know that you need to collect your damages and move on. Just a formality. You are not asking for anything more than what you are due.

I was rear-ended on a freeway a few years back, but a young lady. The police happened to witness it. She was in tears. I walked up to her, asked if she had insurance, and when she said yes, I said "Don't worry. It was an accident, and that's exactly what insurance is for."