Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never cared for the company name of Lucid. It basically means clearly understood. That's a real aspirational name. I can see their advertising campaign now. A camera pans to a deep throated suave man. He stares into the camera and says "Two plus two equals four." And then the logo comes into view. Lucid.
When I start my inpatient mental facility for people who went insane refreshing their account page trying to figure out how EDDs are determined, can I hire you on as my VP of marketing?

If you watch the video you will see that that Porsche driver struggles to get a consistent launch. He had a good launch against the white 19” but for the two races against the red 21” the text in video says clearly that in one spun the tires, and in the second again he says he needs to get a good launch.

So uh, yeah, “other factors” could explain the difference — such as the Porsche launch factors stated clearly in the video. And even in the comments the Porsche driver says “I had a better launch against the white one”.

Meanwhile on a normal asphalt street with stock 19” summers I got a 1.59 60 foot time on Dragy while the fastest 1/8 mile time for October on Dragy (a 19” inch of course) reports a 1.55 60 foot time — presumably on a prepped strip although it doesn’t say. Not giving up much on the unprepped street. The 19” launch just fine on unprepped streets and then are lighter for the rest of the ride.
That 1.55 was me lol it was also on the street.

Is there a link to for the checklist items to look for before delivery?

Start here:

I want to believe that Lucid will be like Tesla in the pre 2018 days,with highly motivated and talented technical leadership. Wouldn't that be grand!

Imagine...empty showrooms and SvC, helpful, informed staff, and a management that communicates honestly and directly (Channeling JB here) with customers and not by Twitter.

Ok, getting real now:

However, no SuC network, and I believe given the Animus between Elon and Peter, Hades will go below Zero deg C before Tesla grants SuC access to Lucid.

I want to believe that Lucid will be like Tesla in the pre 2018 days,with highly motivated and talented technical leadership. Wouldn't that be grand!

Imagine...empty showrooms and SvC, helpful, informed staff, and a management that communicates honestly and directly (Channeling my JB here) with customers and not by Twitter.

Ok, getting real now:

However, no SuC network, and I believe given the Animus between Elon and Peter, Hades will go below Zero deg C before Tesla grants SuC access to Lucid.
I believe the SuCs will be open to everyone though, however this doesn't mean that they have to work just as seamlessly as for Teslas.
I think Tesla will just start battling Lucid on headline figures such as range and performance for that rivalry. We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks when Lucid begins delivering cars.

Imagine...empty showrooms and SvC, helpful, informed staff, and a management that communicates honestly and directly (Channeling JB here) with customers and not by Twitter.

Ok, getting real now:

If Tesla wants federal funds to build out charging infrastructure they will have to open it to all makes regardless of how Elon feels about Peter.

I ordered my MS plaid March 3 2021 and am still being strung along with continually changing estimated delivery dates. Most recently it went from Oct 19-30 to Oct 24-nov 21. Is anyone having the same experience? I am wondering how many people ordered later than me but already have their cars. Beginning to think they don't want to fill my order because I locked the price in before the $10K price increase and/or because I leased rather than bought. Why would they be in a hurry to deliver my car when there are plenty of people who ordered at a higher price? Unfair but logical.
There is about 1000 pages worth of people in the same situation. Toilet reading material.

If Tesla wants federal funds to build out charging infrastructure they will have to open it to all makes regardless of how Elon feels about Peter.
Actually no. The way it was written Tesla only has to open up to a single additional OEM. So they could open it up to just Apetra, or Archimoto, or Rivian and that would qualify them for the funds. (And they would only have to open up the Superchargers built with the funds.)

Note: I'm not saying that is what they will do, but they could.

Actually no. The way it was written Tesla only has to open up to a single additional OEM. So they could open it up to just Apetra, or Archimoto, or Rivian and that would qualify them for the funds. (And they would only have to open up the Superchargers built with the funds.)

My vote is for Aptera! Won't be many of them soon, and they won't be charging long...

Wow that’s surprising and not really in the spirit of progress.

Well yeah they only are requiring 40% "electrified" (including PHEVs and HEVs, not just BEVs) by 2030 in the agreement in that meeting they didn't invite Tesla to. They are doing this stuff to appear like they are competing, but not really wanting to. In whatever far away year they plan on getting their ICEs investments back, then they will push harder. That's why Tesla is targeting 20 million cars in 2030. If they don't do it and do it right themselves, no else will, or at least for a really long time. They have to lead this movement, along with other startups that may also pass Ford and other OEMs and beat them at their own game again lol.

What do you really expect from government? It has to be inclusive enough that people can write good headlines and representatives look good presenting it to the talking heads, but vague enough that when you read the details and the people cutting you checks come along, you do not make it so overly complex to take advantage of tax dollars.

Checks all around.

Well @Tigers did. If you like positivity about the Lucid, you may not like this feedback, but it is valuable nonetheless as he has experienced it in person. I've only experienced the Plaid interior IRL so far. IMO it wasn't a huge deal as the one he viewed in BH, CA was a hand built prototype, and they are still working out the final kinks and tweaking the production models. So take his feedback with that in mind. :)
With that said, @Tigers please carry it on out from here! You have been summoned. 👈 🤣

@Jacopo anyone interested in Lucid should go see it in person. I didn't like it at all and felt that the surfaces were harder plastics than model s (especially the new one).

And they have shown a picture of a Tesla charge inlet already...
The more the merrier, but just sayin' . . .

240_F_34649894_DEiNTcvspGVMN1PTXpARBmC0pL4d89KC.jpg

I tried AP on my lunch break just to show a coworker. As it approached a red light, at 40MPH, it warned me of the red light, the break pedal icon popped up in red, an audible warning played, and I had to apply the breaks.

How can it do all of this, but NOT stop the car without my assistance? I don't think this is ever going to be more than a novelty for me. I don't trust AP.

No where is it indicated that AP should be trusted. Who knows when it can be trusted? Only way for the system to learn is through data gained through miles driven through the beta programs.