Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know where you are ... Tx is a big state (and for better or worse I’ve driven and worked across most of it) but noticed on website they have plan for Houston coming online before year-end.
Yeah I saw that too. Not close to Houston though lol. I know they will eventually open one near me especially if they are successful. They will definitely build out more locations as they grow. :)

Reactions: impastu
i ordered September 22nd, 2020 (13 months and counting!), and my delivery window is October 31 - November 28. I have zero faith in that window since it's moved so many times, and for some reason the window isgetting wider instead of narrower.

Plaid / Black ext / white interior / 19" / cf.

RN11394xxxx

is there anyone on earth with a lower RN still waiting for their vehicle? it seems like people who ordered months after me, and ordered practically identical trim options, are all ahead of me in line for some reason.
Oh that's terrible. I'm so sorry! Now I'm worried I may never see mine!

Not sure what car / wheels you have but the LR with 19" wheels is doing phenomenal as a daily driver. I commute almost exactly 100 miles a day ~80% is expressway and my car is also the weekend / weeknight family beater car. Since 9/4/21 - 5 days in for PPF I have put 4,407 miles on it and averaging 262 Wh/mi. Nothing special at all other than using AutoPilot as often as it allow me to.

View attachment 721369
Those numbers are way lower than mine. What speed do you autopilot at? I consistently have found that autopilot is less efficient than I am. Every time I go into autopilot my Wh/mile increases pretty significantly... idk if it's just me or if it's known. On the freeway on long distances I'm usually 85mph+ but that's kind of mandatory in California. It puts me at around 360Wh/mile when I hit those speeds...

My window starts in 2 days so I was near the Glendale, AZ Service center and checked out the cars in the lot. Every car there, S, 3 and Y were 2021. No N in the vin. Asked about my car and he said I know what he knows... when I asked if he handles solar as well, he perked up. He said I will look further into your car and let you know by email what I found and when we can talk about solar. There was a White / White there and the interior is stunning. Glad I didn't bite the last 2 times other was offered.

Has anyone who ordered before the $10k price increase actually received their car (at that price)?
This is not a factor. I recieved mine in August at the original price. There is no rhyme or reason to how the cars are being delivered.

I know it feels like Tesla is out to get you, but they have to care that you are there in the first place. It’s a frustrating process, but there is no evidence they are prioritizing different prices.

@Jacopo I stopped by the NY showroom today and test-sat the Air. I was impressed and think Lucid should be proud. It’s a very refined luxury car, clearly up the luxury scale from the S IMO. The design sitting by itself makes me think it’s ginormous relative to even the MB S class, but they say its dimensions are actually similar to the MB E class and similar to or a little smaller than the Model S (needs verification). The fit and finish were high quality. I like the screen design and layout way more than the EQS, and I appreciated the button and other mechanical control approach - it’s a happy medium between Tesla‘s minimalist and the typical German OEM with buttons galore. Super good leg room front and back (I’m 6’3”), although in the rear seat I don’t like that my large feet can’t slide under the front seats, so while I had a ton of knee room I had to keep them bent at a tighter angle than I would have otherwise. I did not think front seats were anymore comfortable than refresh S. Cargo room looked to be same as S albeit different shapes particularly in the trunk.

All in all a very nice addition to the EV offerings. Coming from an incredibly agile BMW 750 w/ M-sport suspension I would consider the Lucid more than any other non-MS out there, but the design appeals more to someone from the MB camp IMO (definitely not me) and MS is more sporty for sure. Then there’s the SuC network and dare I say FSD…

Anyway, highly encourage anyone coming from MB and Audi big boat camps to consider the Lucid. My wife might actually have preferred it to her X had it been an option to consider one year ago.
Thank you for the update. That sounds good. I am looking forward to checking it out myself. A lot of the details probably depend on taste and preference. But in order to justify the price for the Air, the build quality must be flawless.

how many times do i have to repeat myself! 1) im not even using my phone right now 2) when I do, it doesnt work on there either. Ive been banned from seeing signatures and i dont know why.

This damn website will let people include an "AIM" username, but not some simple tool to see other peoples SIGNATURES. WTF.
Turn your phone to landscape, you’ll see the sigs. Works for me anyway.

Those numbers are way lower than mine. What speed do you autopilot at? I consistently have found that autopilot is less efficient than I am. Every time I go into autopilot my Wh/mile increases pretty significantly... idk if it's just me or if it's known. On the freeway on long distances I'm usually 85mph+ but that's kind of mandatory in California. It puts me at around 360Wh/mile when I hit those speeds...

AutoPilot almost all the time except for maybe a small part of the city streets. 80mph most of the expressway and 55-75mph depending on HOV / PeachPass traffic for a small part.

AutoPilot almost all the time except for maybe a small part of the city streets. 80mph most of the expressway and 55-75mph depending on HOV / PeachPass traffic for a small part.
I bet the hills play a significant part in my problems. Georgia is pretty flat and I'm constantly up and down out here in the Bay area. I've been able to get my average down to 250 (this week only) by limiting my speed to 65 and regen braking insanely early / not using AC / never putting my phone on the wireless charge dock. Now I just need to up my psi to 45 (it's 41 right now) and maybe I'll hit that 240 requirement for a 402 range

I bet the hills play a significant part in my problems. Georgia is pretty flat and I'm constantly up and down out here in the Bay area. I've been able to get my average down to 250 (this week only) by limiting my speed to 65 and regen braking insanely early / not using AC / never putting my phone on the wireless charge dock. Now I just need to up my psi to 45 (it's 41 right now) and maybe I'll hit that 240 requirement for a 402 range
After 111,111 miles in my P85 my avg. is 325, I can't imagine 240, it would be like driving a golf cart. Tesla is for everyone for sure.