Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What were the answers?
My financing expired so I had to reapply again. They prefer if you pay early but technically you can pay after you receive the car but you need to e sign after. I'm not sure what most people do.

I got my financing reapproved but I don't see a method to apply payment yet, it says send ACH. I'll call again to find out

They prefer if you pay early but technically you can pay after you receive the car but you need to e sign after. I'm not sure what most people do.
If you are in a state where you don't have to pay before you take delivery of the car, I highly suggest you wait until after you've had a chance to thoroughly inspect the car before you give them the funds.

They tried to bully me away from doing this when I bought my Model 3...

I arrived at the SC, and the SA immediately wanted to sit down, sign papers, and separate me from my cashier's check. I stated that I would like to inspect the vehicle first. She stated, "That's not our procedure. We won't allow you access to the car until the papers are signed," (read: we have your check).

I told her that I'd walk out the door unless they let me inspect the car first. I'd been very cordial up until this point, but I think she got the idea that I wasn't gonna suffer any fools.

Her tone changed immediately... went from being "I'm the boss" to "you're the Customer." I was taken to the car and allowed to inspect it for 30 minutes before we signed papers.

You really want the chance to reject the car if it doesn't pass muster with you, and if you've already signed papers, it takes an act of God (er... Elon) to reject a car at that point.

Don't give them their money until you've officially accepted the car.

Road trip update...and another service visit! I get to NYC on Saturday night mostly on autopilot...there are places in the city that should be the final test for FSD that I had to drive manually. Anyway...Sunday morning my friend and I drive out to Long Island for a Tesla Owners New York meetup...and on the way I find that AP is not engaging at all. Ask a mobile tech that I know about it and he remote checks my car...nope have to take it in for service. The meetup was at a service center but it was Sunday and nobody there to check. So this morning drive it back out there...on the way there I see AP pop up and engage it...few seconds later it warns me to take over and disengages. Turns out my front radar needed to be replaced...I guess they haven't completely disabled radar and it still relies on it for AP functionality in the new S. So my car has been in service twice in the past 4 days...but to their credit both times they got me in last minute and out the same day, not materially affecting my road trip.

Also the meetup was a lot of fun!

9AE2CDA7-8221-450D-9D29-77B4D823D4CE.jpeg11332578-185A-49BD-B5C9-82255BA77FDC.jpegF481F5DB-4CF2-4898-BC89-D21694C5B63B.jpeg

YO WHAT ABOUT ME!?!!?!??!
right!! where's yours. all these peeps with much later orders always complaining. I'm not as old as yours but funny seeing people that only ordered 2-3 months ago like wtf. imagine being around when we were looking at permits to figure out when the line might actually start up again? hah :) :)

we'll see on Thursday whether my EDD pushes again. @Leodoc we're almost there

right!! where's yours. all these peeps with much later orders always complaining. I'm not as old as yours but funny seeing people that only ordered 2-3 months ago like wtf. imagine being around when we were looking at permits to figure out when the line might actually start up again? hah :) :)

we'll see on Thursday whether my EDD pushes again. @Leodoc we're almost there
i remember those days! The permits, the flyovers from Sam. Sheesh this has been a long, grueling process.

Road trip update...and another service visit! I get to NYC on Saturday night mostly on autopilot...there are places in the city that should be the final test for FSD that I had to drive manually. Anyway...Sunday morning my friend and I drive out to Long Island for a Tesla Owners New York meetup...and on the way I find that AP is not engaging at all. Ask a mobile tech that I know about it and he remote checks my car...nope have to take it in for service. The meetup was at a service center but it was Sunday and nobody there to check. So this morning drive it back out there...on the way there I see AP pop up and engage it...few seconds later it warns me to take over and disengages. Turns out my front radar needed to be replaced...I guess they haven't completely disabled radar and it still relies on it for AP functionality in the new S. So my car has been in service twice in the past 4 days...but to their credit both times they got me in last minute and out the same day, not materially affecting my road trip.

Also the meetup was a lot of fun!

View attachment 723093View attachment 723094View attachment 723095

I wish I still knew a mobile tech I could call..they either get promoted or leave the company...

Now you guys have my interest piqued, re: Goliath. Guess I'll add it to the watch list.

We started Lucifer a few weeks ago, and have just about finished it.

If you haven't watched it, give the first episode a go. You'll probably be hooked.
I cried like a baby for the last episode or two. There, I admit it. I also cry whenever Tesla pushes back my EDD. That’s a lot of bawling!

I was hoping to get on the Leo club lol. Now the hurt is coming, 160k all in and I have to go get it wrapped still, thinking orange or yellow. wifey had a hart attack when she saw the invoice, got to enjoy life. But I plan to keep it 10 years like most my cars. Hope you get yours soon!
wait wait...you said JAN 8 order...but then said July order?

RN1152? That's a JULY ORDER, SIR!

as much as you tried to con your way out, you have worked your way in. JULY ORDER BEFORE ME!?!?!? GET IN HERE! i hate you.