Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the east coast, just yesterday it was still December, today I got the VIN and the updated delivery date for next few days... Cannot have been built a week ago, so seems like someone rejected it and then matched to me.
Ok I get what you mean. But it doesn’t mean the car is a reject. Could be financing falling through, someone simply changed his mind or had two orders and canceled one (just like I plan to do).

Go look at the car and see for yourself. It could be perfect.

90E0D034-A0E3-4726-BBBB-736D686A5375.jpeg

Surely somebody at Tesla has noted the chaos and frustration this can cause….I don’t need the car now. I need a date I can plan around.

Just got a VIN. No email. No text. Just me checking online.

Going on a trip this week based on what SA told me last week ('no worries, you've got a November build'), don't think I'll be able to pull off a delivery before I go....back in line for me.....here's to a 2022!

1634975903967.png

Last edited:
I tried that one. They said your phone could not be used unless it was paired to a key first. Sounds like bullshit but what do I know?

I'm not taking the delays out on my SA but man, they response speed and lack of information when I do get a response is insane. I asked about winter tires. They sent me some sizes which seemed off. When I clarified they said those were the summer size. I sent them the page from the manual saying they were crazy and those were not the summer size. They said: "Huh, yeah you're right. We will update our system." Then I said but what winter tires are recommended and they said "sorry, no idea". Who sells a car in late October in Canada and can't tell you what size of winter tire to buy? They don't make a set of winter tires in the summer tire size after all.

At least I can vent with you guys! This better make my old RS7 look like a piece of crap or I am gonna be pissed I just didn't get a new one of those lol
Perhaps it is time we retool that ole saying about the FAA. "We are not happy until you are not happy" and make it "At Tesla, we are not happy with the sale until you are not happy with the sale"

I am sorry it is this way.

Just got a VIN. No email. No text. Just me checking online.

Going on a trip this week based on what SA told me last week ('no worries, you've got a November build'), don't think I'll be able to pull off a delivery before I go....back in line for me.....here's to a 2022!

I am so happy to hear this!!!!!

@impastu Cutting back on my TMC time for a while. Been working to clear out my garage and clean the floor today. Tomorrow, I plan to lay Floormuffler underlayment and Racedeck flooring for “my precious…” all three of them…. Cheers, all!

First sflgator and now jebinc...

ETA: I know I am reading between the lines.

Gonna need some context on this one.

"BTW, Tesla did the Apple thing by changing the adapters."

Which adapter to what mechanism. I have an adapter for my model 3 I plan on using with my Plaid.
Just like Apple that keeps changing chargers so that one has to keep buying new adapters, with Gen2 charger Tesla made old adapters obsolete. I had to purchase new 10-30 a and 14-50 for travel, in addition to 110 (as the charger comes only with that). You have Gen2.

Since 2018, all Tesla model vehicles come with the Gen 2 Mobile Connector, starting with the Model 3. If you purchased a pre-2018 Tesla Model S or Model X, you received a Gen 1 Mobile Connector. The Gen 2 is rated for 32 Amps when the Gen 1 was rated for 40 Amps but will lower the charge current if the plug is overheating, for example, if a person does not follow the 80% rule and set proper charging limits.

OK, here is the all the 19" wheel info in one place if you want to stick to OEM specs:

Rims
Rims are $745 per, regardless of size:
View attachment 724457

Wheel Trim
You will need some sort of trim, either the Tempest wheel covers or center caps and lug nut covers. The Tempest covers are $30/each, the center caps are $15 each and the lug nut covers are ~$1 each. You can get grey center caps which a slightly darker than the wheel or black center caps. You can see the two options in this post: #26

View attachment 724459
View attachment 724460

View attachment 724462

Tire Pressure
You need TMPS modules and stem caps. The new cars use a BLE (low energy Bluetooth) TMPS module, so you need to get them from Tesla, they are $75 each--these are different units from prior models. I am sure 3rd party modules will eventually hit the market, unless Tesla is doing something weird with the BLE. The caps are a few cents each.

View attachment 724464
View attachment 724465
Tires
The Tesla spec for the tires is as follows--the top number is front, the bottom is rear:
View attachment 724466
I have found two tires that match that spec (I am sure this will change constantly, but this is as of this writing). The Continentals what Tesla supplies. The Michelin are what I went with. Do your research and see what works for you.

View attachment 724470
View attachment 724471

Hope the helps.
Really interesting...

The black lug nut covers you show above do not appear in my version of the Tesla catalog. I see the arachnid lug nut covers, but they are not specified as black and the part number is different.

called Tesla and spoke with a lady in South Florida. The car assigned to me, MF430XXX, was built on May 10th. Three blue MS are coming to Orlando. Two are Plaids and one is showing a damage disclosure. Evidently Tesla has added some Plaids to inventory today.

If you are looking for a Plaid, try calling Tesla in your area for availability. They don't show up on the web site yet. Not all of the new releases are older builds. There was a MF452.

I am again tempted to get a Plaid, but I doubt it would make me any cooler. I would just get Peacock status.
Which was showing damage disclosure? I have a blue LR coming to Orlando any day MF451. Just hope mine is all good