Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you just cut off the extra material from the floor mat?
No, removed the regular floor mats and using the MS Plaid all-weather mats, so there's no flap there...dead pedal just sticks on to the oem carpeting material there. BTW -- I cannot believe Tesla Shop still does not have an all-weather trunk mat; currently using a rubberized trunk mat I had from like 3-4 cars ago that's not stiff...it's thin and foldable but stays in place and ensures things placed on top don't slide around everywhere in the trunk. But, still thinking of a better solution; I've seen this on Amazon.com and the company website and it appears it's a direct (laser cut) fit, specifically for the 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Plaid/LR for $89.95...just ordered it, so we'll see if it fits properly...

No, removed the regular floor mats and using the MS Plaid all-weather mats, so there's no flap there...dead pedal just sticks on to the oem carpeting material there. BTW -- I cannot believe Tesla Shop still does not have an all-weather trunk mat; currently using a rubberized trunk mat I had from like 3-4 cars ago that's not stiff...it's thin and foldable but stays in place and ensures things placed on top don't slide around everywhere in the trunk. But, still thinking of a better solution; I've seen this on Amazon.com and the company website and it appears it's a direct (laser cut) fit (specifically for the 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Plaid/LR for $89.95)...

Ah, got it. So if you do not replace the OEM floor mats with OEM (or other) all weather mats, you have the extra carpet from the OEM drivers side floor mat to deal with.

Thanks!
no...just goes on the carpet directly. stays well.
@sflgator and @lbowroom were spot on, the OEM floor mats now go up the dead pedal. So the extra carpet would have to get remove for this to fit unless you are replacing the OEM mats with OEM (or other) all-weather mat.

Ah, got it. So if you do not replace the OEM floor mats with all OEM (or other) weather mats, you have the extra carpet from the OEM drivers side floor mat to deal with.

Thanks!

@sflgator was spot on, the OEM floor mats now go up the dead pedal. So the extra carpet would have to get remove for this to fit unless you are replacing the OEM mats with OEM (or other) all-weather mat.
I actually prefer the all-weather mats. Hard rain here in South Florida often and plenty of dirt, sand, leaves, and schmootz that gets caked into standard carpeted floor mats (which also tend to get worn down by shoes, sneakers, etc.).

I actually prefer the all-weather mats. Hard rain here in South Florida often and plenty of dirt, sand, leaves, and schmootz that gets caked into standard carpeted floor mats (which also tend to get worn down by shoes, sneakers, etc.).

I'm a mixed bag, hate the feel of most all weather mats, but I also wear holes from my heel into carpeted mats over time.

Is the birthdate the time it rolled off the line complete or when it started?

If I had to guess, start of production. But I definitively do not know, sorry.
So someone posted this @Hayseed_MS - might answer your question. VIN before the car was built. So maybe VIN at start of production and build date is when it rolls off the line.
I think its a bit of a random crapshoot. I had a VIN on 9/28, but my car has a build date of 10/7 (wasn't even built when I got a VIN). Also no FSD at order.

No, removed the regular floor mats and using the MS Plaid all-weather mats, so there's no flap there...dead pedal just sticks on to the oem carpeting material there. BTW -- I cannot believe Tesla Shop still does not have an all-weather trunk mat; currently using a rubberized trunk mat I had from like 3-4 cars ago that's not stiff...it's thin and foldable but stays in place and ensures things placed on top don't slide around everywhere in the trunk. But, still thinking of a better solution; I've seen this on Amazon.com and the company website and it appears it's a direct (laser cut) fit, specifically for the 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Plaid/LR for $89.95...just ordered it, so we'll see if it fits properly...

Did you consider these? Reviews from others are good. They’re in my garage awaiting my delivery.

Here’s my MS Plaid — all detailed with Ceramic Pro 5-year, full front Xpel PPF on hood, front bumper, mirrors, & front quarter panels, tinted Xpel PPF on headlights, fog lights, & rear tail lights, window tint, and a few little extras you see — blacked out (matte black) Tesla emblems and glossy black painted PLAID emblem (+ added the glossy black S emblem to the left of the PLAID emblem), aluminum dead pedal, and the little Tesla E on the passenger side dash. Of course, we can’t forget the forged 21” Signature SV104 wheels (oem sizes and offsets).

I think it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it and I’m super happy. 🔥🔥😎. Now, it’s drive time! 😎. Thank you to all those who have helped and been courteous, super cool and helpful for the past 9 months! 🙏🏻😎
Hi, beautiful and hopefully worth the aggravation of waiting. I’m a neighbor based on the pix, who did the work for you? Enjoy it

Did you consider these? Reviews from others are good. They’re in my garage awaiting my delivery.
Nice! I didn't see those...so yeah, I just cancelled my Amazon order and ordered that all-weather trunk mat from Tesmanian.com. Thank you! :cool:
👍

Last edited:
Here are the Tasmanian units installed in my MSP. They are a perfect fit.

Attachments

• D74ABA24-E107-4ED2-BB00-67F4A1156693.jpeg
    D74ABA24-E107-4ED2-BB00-67F4A1156693.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2CB06191-6C66-4FC1-8CDE-6F1CD4DFB9E2.jpeg
    2CB06191-6C66-4FC1-8CDE-6F1CD4DFB9E2.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 63
  • E3A66B4F-A473-40BB-969E-906554ECD040.jpeg
    E3A66B4F-A473-40BB-969E-906554ECD040.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 53
Update on recent build quality.

Saw Two recent build plaids and Two refreshes at Tesla club LA event today.

Red, black and MSM. Really liking the red. Feeling better about the cream seats, the white shows everything.

Fit and finish on all was excellent. One yoke worm and some wrinkles in the seats. Not really objectionable in real life.