Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my MS Plaid — all detailed with Ceramic Pro 5-year, full front Xpel PPF on hood, front bumper, mirrors, & front quarter panels, tinted Xpel PPF on headlights, fog lights, & rear tail lights, window tint, and a few little extras you see — blacked out (matte black) Tesla emblems and glossy black painted PLAID emblem (+ added the glossy black S emblem to the left of the PLAID emblem), aluminum dead pedal, and the little Tesla E on the passenger side dash. Of course, we can’t forget the forged 21” Signature SV104 wheels (oem sizes and offsets).

I think it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it and I’m super happy. 🔥🔥😎. Now, it’s drive time! 😎. Thank you to all those who have helped and been courteous, super cool and helpful for the past 9 months! 🙏🏻😎

A lot of work to make a white car pop, but you did it, White done right!

First drive should be to a car show, IMO

Few pages back..the smoked tailight lenses LOOK really good, especially on white. Question: Does that reduce the light output of the brake/tail lights at all? In any way? If not, Im getting that done. But if so, too many inattentive drivers on the road already, and I've already been rear ended once in my other car, so not chancing it
That was my car and my detailer who only does high-end cars says the light penetration isn't reduced with the tinted PPF on the rear tail lights, headlights, & fog lights. I asked him the same exact question and he said it's all good; no light reduction.
Sflgator MS Plaid.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid rear pic.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of work to make a white car pop, but you did it, White done right!

First drive should be to a car show, IMO
Thank you, and btw -- I'm so glad I stayed with the white seats and just waited for my exact build. Like everyone else has said before, the Tesla white vegan leather seats seem to clean up very easily...I've only had a couple dirty hand or elbow marks on mine (from me) and just wiped it right off with a baby wipe. Not sure on the long term, but obviously, I'll try to keep everything as clean as possible...as long as it's super easy to wipe off and clean. Also - no yoke vein on my car...build was in Sept, 2021. 👍 :)

That was my car and my detailer who only does high-end cars says the light penetration isn't reduced with the smoked tint on the rear tail lights and headlights. I asked him the same exact question and he said it's all good; no light reduction.View attachment 727582View attachment 727583
Of course it reduces light, it’s impossible not to. Does it let through enough to still be clearly visible, yes. I did mine in smoke
0E0D7663-4841-40B0-9A2E-84D6FE8CE421.jpeg

Of course it reduces light, it’s impossible not to. Does it let through enough to still be clearly visible, yes
Well okay, technically for the nerds out there who want to measure the exact % light reduction. :rolleyes: What I can tell you is that I drove my car last night and the headlights threw light in front of my car while driving that seemed imperceptible of any light reduction for my eyes anyway...low beams and high beams seemed super bright and the same as either of our other 2 vehicles to me anyway. Don't know the exact, small % reduction but it's got to be very minimal, front and rear.

Well… over the last several months I’ve ordered everything I can for my car, in some cases I have duplicates, I hope the Tesla SC is done with it next week so I can take delivery, whatever they are doing. The one thing I haven’t found is mounded mud flaps, anyone found any yet?
7C9FCCED-7BCA-42D8-9E24-53B6B22D39E1.jpeg

Most of the people here were waiting (like me) for months for Tesla to *start* making cars, now that they're making them, and ramping up to more and more per day, it shouldn't be as much of a wait(only 6 months, not a year haha)... unless demand goes up as people start to see them on the streets.

I just saw my first other refresh S (an MSM LR) that wasn't another forum members' last night in a parking lot. They're coming!
Thats very encouraging news DukeofURL.

Few pages back..the smoked tailight lenses LOOK really good, especially on white. Question: Does that reduce the light output of the brake/tail lights at all? In any way? If not, Im getting that done. But if so, too many inattentive drivers on the road already, and I've already been rear ended once in my other car, so not chancing it
@iyordanov did a video comparing different tint shades on MS taillights. I can’t find it but he will assist. Very helpful and I ordered.

Need some quick reassurance that my SA didn’t just botch my order. As we get close to my window I bugged him about seeing if we could lock in my trade value. He had me send over a bunch of details; now I have these two screens when I check my order. I have seen enough horror stories about people not realizing they hadn’t gotten all the way thru ordering to want to validate. Does this look normal?

57EE7E11-EC7F-4F7A-8A81-706A17442468.pngDBE122D3-BF70-4FEE-AA4C-1BA56A8CBB30.png

Need some quick reassurance that my SA didn’t just botch my order. As we get close to my window I bugged him about seeing if we could lock in my trade value. He had me send over a bunch of details; now I have these two screens when I check my order. I have seen enough horror stories about people not realizing they hadn’t gotten all the way thru ordering to want to validate. Does this look normal?

View attachment 727635View attachment 727636
You should be good. Those are steps you can complete in your account online in preparation for pick up. Only shows up for me after I complete an order.

Many pages ago someone posed a question about real world range of the Model S.

I have a LR with 19’ wheels.

I just completed an 1100 mile trip.

i averaged 287 Wh/mi. My lifetime average in this car is 269.

I got 77-78 actual miles for 100 estimated miles. So the highway mileage at 70-75 mph is about 78% of estimated range.

On my last leg, I charged to 100% and drove 289 miles home. I arrived with a battery level of 9% and an estimated range of 34 miles. The weather was good-high 60’s low 70’s.

I feel comfortable that the LR with 19’s has a highway range of 300+ miles.

I got 77-78 actual miles for 100 estimated miles. So the highway mileage at 70-75 mph is about 78% of estimated range.

On my last leg, I charged to 100% and drove 289 miles home. I arrived with a battery level of 9% and an estimated range of 34 miles. The weather was good-high 60’s low 70’s.

Good data, thanks for posting.

If you look at the EPA data, you will find the rating benefits from high efficiency in the city.

The pure EPA highway range is much less than the combined, perhaps 20% less..

Thanks - that is really good data. I am new to EV’s and thought the LR with 19’s would be better than that. Sure is a totally different mindset to a gas car. I can go about 550 miles on a full tank of gas in my BMW 530xi and that is driving 75 to 80 on the freeway. Great for road trips! :)

Thanks for sharing. This sounds about right. I'd always subtract 25% from what is advertised.

And for my Plaid with 20" Signature wheels with 285's on all 4 wheels, I just did a road trip to Vegas from LA. On the way there I ran at 75% efficiency, or 361 wh/mi. On the way back it was 79% efficiency, or 342 wh/mi. This was running at 85 mph on the way there, but on the way back I ran 80 mph a lot because I got into Beta and the Pure Vision only allows AP to work up to 80 mph. It's about a 570 mile round trip.

Thanks - that is really good data. I am new to EV’s and thought the LR with 19’s would be better than that. Sure is a totally different mindset to a gas car. I can go about 550 miles on a full tank of gas in my BMW 530xi and that is driving 75 to 80 on the freeway. Great for road trips! :)

But how much does that tank of gas cost?

Set energy to percent, use voice commands to navigate to destination, car will tell you when and where to charge, and for how long.

And you don't have to watch it fill, breathing fumes and looking at pump graffiti.

Soon, you will dread going to a gas station.