Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured it is like the launch of the refresh back in January - they need to purge all old stock before they can release the 2022. If they make it too easy to get a 2022, nobody will buy the already built 2021's. I hate to say it, but nobody wants 2021plaid.
Speaking for @2021plaid :

1636050126040.gif

Now, if they had just stuck the Model 3/Y steering wheel in there, we wouldn't have any of these problems! Seriously. It's a great wheel, would have been fine.
I personally like the yoke significantly more than any wheel I've ever used. I have unobstructed vision of my dash, and if I ever get into a car accident I run less of a risk of breaking my arms while grabbing onto the top of the wheel. From what I understand, 10 and 2 was replaced by 9 and 3 years ago. The yoke feels good, looks good, turns heads, and is incredibly easy to use.

How many miles did you guys have to drive after taking delivery for autopilot to start working and have camera calibration compete?
It should not need more than 10 - 25 miles to calibrate. I think what is more important is the road conditions. Per the manual:
When calibration is complete, Autopilot features are available for use. Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles (32-40 km), but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. For example, calibration completes quicker when driving on a straight road with multiple lanes, such as a freeway or highway, with highly-visible lane markings (in the driving lane as well as the adjacent lanes). Contact Tesla only if your Model S has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles (160 km) in the described conditions.

... is there any evidence anywhere that anyone has actually gotten into a "yoke caused" accident? By evidence I mean something NOT posted on Facebook
No, but plenty of folks think that if someone isn't shouting from the rooftops about the yoke (in the chorus of all the haven't-driven-it-yet yoke hate), it must not be good and therefore should never have been used.

I like the yoke and stalkess setup. I'm not going to be naive and say the yoke is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I've adapted and I'm glad we have the it on the new MS. But it's okay not to like the yoke as a personal preference - to each their own. The yoke doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon on the S/X.

(also, just in case you thought he was serious about filing a complaint, @Hayseed_MS is one of us yoke lovers)

No, but plenty of folks think that if someone isn't shouting from the rooftops about the yoke (in the chorus of all the haven't-driven-it-yet yoke hate), it must not be good and therefore should never have been used.

I like the yoke and stalkess setup. I'm not going to be naive and say the yoke is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I've adapted and I'm glad we have the it on the new MS. But it's okay not to like the yoke as a personal preference - to each their own. The yoke doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon on the S/X.

(also, just in case you thought he was serious about filing a complaint, @Hayseed_MS is one of us yoke lovers)
My biggest gripe is the complaint about the circular shape... I have always done "hand over hand" more as a "hand under hand" with my inside hand turning from the inside of the wheel. On the yoke, there are two "inner circles" that allow me to change absolutely nothing about how I execute "hand over hand" turns. I just put my hand on the inside of the circle and Bob's your uncle.

Most importantly... people need to drive the car before making a decision on whether or not they like it. Rabble.

I wonder if they are making updates to the 2022 model S and or X. Haven't seen a single 2022 Vin yet and no new VINs since the publication of the VIN registration.
I was told by a reliable source that they typically hold VINs for 1 to 2 weeks when they switch over to the new model year. Sounds like that’s what’s happening right now.

Wow this thread has progressed since I last visited! Anyone with the ANC s/w update yet?
Per the always informative @MP3Mike:
Nobody that has gotten .40 got ARNR. (It was Green falsely claiming that .40 contained it; this is the second time he claimed a release had it when it does not.)