Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Plaid yesterday. Gone are the days of customer service. "Here is your keys, any questions go on YouTube" Good thing this is not my first Model S. Beautiful car though.

You can't say things like I picked up my plaid without showing some pics.

This thread is required therapy for many.

😉

After reading this issue, took a close look at an Icy delivery plaid, and found the driver's door gasket not seated fully at the bottom.

Tesla seems to struggle with gasket placement..
I know..........right? And why should that be? Have you EVER in your life, installed a gasket of ANY kind and NOT know where it should be placed?

I know..........right? And why should that be? Have you EVER in your life, installed a gasket of ANY kind and NOT know where it should be placed?

But if it can't be placed properly because of part tolerance buildups, ergonomics or production line speed, and you are a tired overworked Tesla worker, who gets through the day thinking about his stock....

But if it can't be placed properly because of part tolerance buildups, ergonomics or production line speed, and you are a tired overworked Tesla worker, who gets through the day thinking about his stock....
Excuse me please. I didn't think about that poor worker that has carpal tunnel syndrome from signing so many checks? My bad!

Sorry for posting this here, and not in a separate thread, but the input fro
Question for the group: my lease on my 75D, done through Tesla, is coming to its end next month. I looked at Carvana, et al, for options to sell the car instead of returning it. My offers exceed my lease buy-out by a few thousand dollars. One benefit is that I have a large scrape on my rear bumper that I would not have to repair (estimate of about $1,000).

Apparently, at least according to Carvana, Tesla does not allow 3rd party buy-outs. I guess it seems that I would need to buy the car myself and then sell it. That is a significant chunk of change. I certainly do not have that much on hand.

What are my options here? Do I get a loan? Is there a simplified way of managing this? I guess if I do buy the car, I could even sell it privately for even more. The used car market is hot.
m here has been awesome.
Question for the group: my lease, through Tesla, is coming to its end next month. I looked at Carvana, et al, for options to sell the car instead of returning it. My offers exceed my lease buy-out by a few thousand dollars. An additional benefit is that I have a large scrape on my rear bumper that I would not have to repair (estimate of about $1,000).

Apparently, at least according to Carvana, Tesla does not allow 3rd party buy-outs. I guess it seems that I would need to buy the car myself and then sell it. That is a significant chunk of change. I certainly do not have that much on hand.

What are my options here? Do I get a loan? Is there a simplified way of managing this? I guess if I do buy the car, I could even sell it privately for even more. The used car market is hot. I am just not sure if I want to go through the effort.

Excuse me please. I didn't think about that poor worker that has carpal tunnel syndrome from signing so many checks? My bad!

There is a reason for everything. Just suggesting a scenario.

In general, when an organization behaves in non standard ways compared to others in the industry, look at the leadership.

"The fish rots from the head"

Closer to arrival, likely still in transit. Your sales advisor or delivery center advisor will contact you to schedule it.
Chris: I know you are getting your car in the next week or two. I'm picking up in Houston too, but the way Tesla is doing it, is they are aiming at the dates I'm out of town. When they actually ask you to schedule, can you give some more precise timing for when the VIN was announced and the SA got in touch with you? I'm working with Morgan Carpenter, as SA, who is, as someone noted, 'Seldom Answers'.

Chris: I know you are getting your car in the next week or two. I'm picking up in Houston too, but the way Tesla is doing it, is they are aiming at the dates I'm out of town. When they actually ask you to schedule, can you give some more precise timing for when the VIN was announced and the SA got in touch with you? I'm working with Morgan Carpenter, as SA, who is, as someone noted, 'Seldom Answers'.

Also, "Seldom Accurate"

So I’ve been in contact with my SA through the entire process. Probably not the best case from a timeline perspective.

Call up the delivery support 510-249-3100. That's for all central southwest United States orders.

I was told yesterday at a Store, one can postpone a delivery, up to 6 months, and hold your delivery position, provided you have not been assigned a VIN.

With some EDDs approaching EOQ/EOY, the above might be a rational choice.

One you are assigned a VIN, if you request a hold, you will go back into the ended if the queue...

Can anyone confirm or offer other guidance?

@donandersonjr so you guys are saying that to maximize financing I’m better off selling to separate party? Damn. That’s annoying. Thanks for the intel.

ETA: I called Tesla and the above is incorrect. They WILL issue a refund for an over financing. However, it takes 1-3 months, which as we all know translates to 6-9 human months. Definitely diminishes the value prop.
Ahhh,sorry, I get what you are trying to do.

I was told yesterday at a Store, one can postpone a delivery, up to 6 months, and hold your delivery position, provided you have not been assigned a VIN.

With some EDDs approaching EOQ/EOY, the above might be a rational choice.

One you are assigned a VIN, if you request a hold, you will go back into the ended if the queue...

Can anyone confirm or offer other guidance?
Definitely not true. I had to postpone after VIN because I was going out of country in the allotted time slot. I just received a new EDD that starts Monday and ends end of month. This is the second EDD in two days.

There is a reason for everything. Just suggesting a scenario.

In general, when an organization behaves in non standard ways compared to others in the industry, look at the leadership.

"The fish rots from the head"
Are you implying that this is Elon?
20395A8D-1D94-4F29-AD35-B725E8374869.jpeg

Ok. My return got delayed and am still abroad, but they’ve put up EDDs for me again. Will need to push out if not back and NF VIN not provided for this car. This pretty much should kill the rumors of those paying less not getting cars (I’m 12k under current pricing) and being cast to back of line if you can’t make the slot post VIN.

1636915475411.png

Last edited: