Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st day inside one of many EDD ranges. I was told I had a VIN match for the 14th. Came and gone......and nothing. I have a feeling tomorrow will bring another push. I was optimistic about getting the car this month so I got the charger installed....now I just need my car to use it on. Lol. Good luck to those waiting.

Attachments

• 20211116_153906.jpg
    20211116_153906.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 67
1st day inside one of many EDD ranges. I was told I had a VIN match for the 14th. Came and gone......and nothing. I have a feeling tomorrow will bring another push. I was optimistic about getting the car this month so I got the charger installed....now I just need my car to use it on. Lol. Good luck to those waiting.
I have the same exact configuration, I think were screwed.

My EDD updated this morning from Dec 19-31 (where it has been for the past month) to Feb 01 - Mar 01... I'm hoping this is just the "Feb Glitch" coming back into play (The tendency to have the EDD jump to Feb right before having a VIN assigned). If not, oh well, I'll be assured a 2022 VIN with a few more updates perhaps. Maybe I should cave and just jump on one of the available Plaids... Decisions!

FWIW my neighbor/buddy has had a whole slew of Teslas, and he presently has the MYP and the Plaid (and his wife has the Taycan), He let me drive all 3 last Tuesday night - his Plaid had 51 miles on it (I only floored it 3 times!) :)
Anyway, yesterday (6 days after receipt) he mentioned he didn't love the yoke, was looking into steering wheel replacements, and also considering dumping the Plaid and getting the Audi e-tron - WTF?
I just thought it was interesting.
Me? I had a S eating grin from ear to ear when I drove that puppy - and an arthritic like grip on the yoke - by the 3rd stomping, and I jest not, i was squeezing the back of it really hard - wondering if there should be some element of a brake back there. Like white knuckle time.
I thought about making him an offer, but naw. I want my MS. LR, not LR, who knows anymore?
If he's serious about selling his Plaid, do please PM me . . . perhaps we can work something out for a win-win?

My EDD updated this morning from Dec 19-31 (where it has been for the past month) to Feb 01 - Mar 01... I'm hoping this is just the "Feb Glitch" coming back into play (The tendency to have the EDD jump to Feb right before having a VIN assigned). If not, oh well, I'll be assured a 2022 VIN with a few more updates perhaps. Maybe I should cave and just jump on one of the available Plaids... Decisions!
Where are you getting delivery?

RN 11515 Kansas City delivery white / white / 19 LR EDD December 1 -29 holding for about 5 weeks

I talked to an advisor several days ago about possibly doing a 50 k plaid update but he told me to hold tight as he is fairly confident I will be getting a VIN in late November to mid December. * Sugar * or not? Anyway happy to hold onto my 50k at this point.

I probably wasn't going to upgrade....just needed a reason to call to see the secret sauce they had on their end. Mission accomplished!

BTW been waiting to use "* sugar *" in one of my post. Done 😎

Where are you getting delivery?

RN 11515 Kansas City delivery white / white / 19 LR EDD December 1 -29 holding for about 5 weeks

I talked to an advisor several days ago about possibly doing a 50 k plaid update but he told me to hold tight as he is fairly confident I will be getting a VIN in late November to mid December. * Sugar * or not? Anyway happy to hold onto my 50k at this point.

I probably wasn't going to upgrade....just needed a reason to call to see the secret sauce they had on their end. Mission accomplished!

BTW been waiting to use "* sugar *" in one of my post. Done 😎
I'll be picking up in Kansas City, as Nebraska still doesn't allow deliveries. I spoke with a friendly person at Tesla Corporate a few days ago, and at that time he said my car was slated to go into production between Dec 9-12, and that I should be able to pick it up by end-of-year. Something seems to have changed since then. I see quite a few people are now getting pushed from December EDDs back to Feb/Mar, so I'm not alone in my misery...

I'm somewhat tempted to grab one of the Plaids that seem to be available in December also, but I really don't see $45k worth of added value (I locked my car in at the original price before the $15k of price increases). My car (if I ever get it) will have instant equity as my price is $84k (if I drop FSD, as I plan to if nothing changes on that front before delivery).

I'll be picking up in Kansas City, as Nebraska still doesn't allow deliveries. I spoke with a friendly person at Tesla Corporate a few days ago, and at that time he said my car was slated to go into production between Dec 9-12, and that I should be able to pick it up by end-of-year. Something seems to have changed since then. I see quite a few people are now getting pushed from December EDDs back to Feb/Mar, so I'm not alone in my misery...

I'm somewhat tempted to grab one of the Plaids that seem to be available in December also, but I really don't see $45k worth of added value (I locked my car in at the original price before the $15k of price increases). My car (if I ever get it) will have instant equity as my price is $84k (if I drop FSD, as I plan to if nothing changes on that front before delivery).
Doesn't dropping FSD push you into losing your previous pricing though?

Thus, keeping it could have you with "free" FSD.

I'd be very careful with making any changes to an order with the previous pricing . . . .

It'd be pretty shitty to make plaid pay for an upgrade. As a LR owner, I'd gladly shell out $2k for something like a 0.3 sec reduction.
Oh, I can almost bet that it wont be as low as $2k to get an accel boost on an S. I'd guess starting would be $5k min. And it wont be released until Taycan comes out with version that beats current plaid. Then BOOM. Software upgrade option pops up

I bet you get pulled back and get a VIN in a few days.