Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was given a 2021 VIN for my white/white/21" Plaid order, delivery appointment on November 29th. On Thursday, I asked them to unassign my VIN. Today, 3 days later, I have a 2022 VIN assigned. Delivery December 8th.

Just want to let people know not to be afraid to ask for another car. You keep your place in queue.
Congrats, they assign vin on sundays too? Good to know.

I have a Plaid VIN #MF455 with Nov 21-25 delivery and I still haven't heard from anyone at Tesla.
I was given a 2021 VIN for my white/white/21" Plaid order, delivery appointment on November 29th. On Thursday, I asked them to unassign my VIN. Today, 3 days later, I have a 2022 VIN assigned. Delivery December 8th.

Just want to let people know not to be afraid to ask for another car. You keep your place in queue.
Did they assure you that you won't go back of the line? Mine is scheduled for Nov 21-25 but no delivery date set yet.

I have a Plaid VIN #MF455 with Nov 21-25 delivery and I still haven't heard from anyone at Tesla.

Did they assure you that you won't go back of the line? Mine is scheduled for Nov 21-25 but no delivery date set yet.

Per order page today, going to the back of line means Dec 21, unless you want white interior, then Feb 22.

Should one find themselves at the back of the line, it's a pretty short one.

Note to @Tigers, cream is pretty close to white...

My delivery date just moved from 10Dec-31Dec to 29Dec-31Dec.
Looks like they are still trying to squeeze it into the very end of the quarter (I'm in California, delivery in Rocklin).
I have promised to sell my 2015 Model SD85 to a friend who is anxious to take it off my hands. I was going to transfer it just after Thanksgiving when my delivery was earlier in December (I have an old ICE Land Rover to use as a backup) but now I'm thinking I might wait a few weeks.
My friend has generously offered to lend me his Nissan Leaf to use but I'm not enthusiastic about it. ;(
I hope I get delivery by the end of the year but I'm worried.
Sucks to be you man, sorry!
Meanwhile, I'm only one day away from my latest EDD and I fully expect it to push back to EOQ/EOY too. I've been messed about & abused by Tesla for so long, I'm not even bothered anymore. Like Battered Wife syndrome, only it's Battered Customer syndrome. We in Cali will for sure get pushed to EOQ/EOY as we are closer to Fremont. Happens actually every EOQ/EOY, i think. Tell friend he'll just have to be patient. Pass, hard pass on the N Leaf!
Go Team Rocklin!
Good luck, dude.

No, the SA was very clear that he has no control over where I end up in line, and there's a high possibility I would have to pay the 2022 luxury tax if the car doesn't get delivered by the new year. But I think from this experiment (and a few others that posted about unassigning VINs) that the Fremont robot keeps the reservation spot.

I have an update for you guys. LOL

Tesla called me last night while I was out and couldn't answer. They send me an email telling me the instructions to get my car and all of that so I just assume it's all good.

Well, not so. They told me in a voicemail that m car has a chip/"small crack" in the windshield. LOL.

They said that they could replace it but getting a windshield is "months away probably February or March".

Then they told me I could just decline and get out back in line for a priority delivery or some *sugar*. But of course I wouldn't take a car in December.

Trying to decide what to do. I'm somewhat concerned about having a windshield replaced and it also means I can't do the window tint/ppf I wanted which means the paint might get damaged on the drives that I do.

Think I'll go by and see if theres anything else wrong tonight if I can. If not maybe I just deal with it. If there are other things (my guess) then screw it I'll wait for a 2022.

This is the most expensive thing I've ever purchase so pretty particular about it.

Any advice?
I’m currently waiting to get my next VIN after rejecting the first. After waiting several months and it being such a big purchase, I’m glad I’m waiting a little longer to have it be just right. My feelings may change but I’m glad I rejected for now.

Cross posting more info here as well in the hopes that someone in the area can accommodate them.

RokBlokz is looking for a new S to use as a template for mud flaps. They are located in Springville Utah and would need the car for one full day (drop it off in the morning and get it back that evening. Properly fitted flaps for all of us coming soon after that. I'm in Tucson and almost willing to take one for the team just to get this resolved. Someone has to be closer that is willing to help.

Contact Eli at [email protected]
maybe have them contact the SLC service center and see if they have any 2021’s in for service that they could come and measure.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My delivery date just moved from 10Dec-31Dec to 29Dec-31Dec.
Looks like they are still trying to squeeze it into the very end of the quarter (I'm in California, delivery in Rocklin).
I have promised to sell my 2015 Model SD85 to a friend who is anxious to take it off my hands. I was going to transfer it just after Thanksgiving when my delivery was earlier in December (I have an old ICE Land Rover to use as a backup) but now I'm thinking I might wait a few weeks.
My friend has generously offered to lend me his Nissan Leaf to use but I'm not enthusiastic about it. ;(
I hope I get delivery by the end of the year but I'm worried.
You should ABSOLUTELY drive that Leaf for a few weeks before delivery. It will make the MS seem like you have superhero powers. Kind of sweetens the reward.

7,500+ miles and no rock chips

I think it might be the tires. My 21" summers threw rocks and did extensive damage to the doors and fenders - took 3 hours of touch up and polish prior to PPF. Driving a chip-n-seal rod sounded like a sand blaster (and, yes, low speed).

After switching to the all seasons there is not much rock throwing at all.

Of course in New Jersey, it is illegal to sell cars on Sunday so I won't be getting mine until at least Monday now. This is almost as bad as the when I got my original S85. It was made on December 31 and showed up at my house three weeks later on a carrier with a whole bunch of different brand cars. Just painful!
I would gladly give up car sales on Sunday if it gave me 0 state tax on EVs like NJ does.