Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question re. the $2k discount. Are only LR deliveries with pre-refresh reservations receiving the discount? Have any Plaid+ reservations holders receiving the discount for conversion to plaid? If a Plaid holder received the discount, would you be so kind as to share your reservations #? DM me if better. thanks in advance
I thought @lolachampcar got it? Maybe it was an FSD discount. Cannot remember specifically.

Quick question re. the $2k discount. Are only LR deliveries with pre-refresh reservations receiving the discount? Have any Plaid+ reservations holders receiving the discount for conversion to plaid? If a Plaid holder received the discount, would you be so kind as to share your reservations #? DM me if better. thanks in advance
I was a Plaid+ res holder, and got the $2k FSD discount, as well as the $10k discount off of the Plaid price. Res info is in my sig.

EDIT: my res info isn't in my sig anymore... but it was RN11395

It's an FSD discount for those of us who ordered it when it was 8k vs the current 10k. I am slotted to get it (as a battery day Plaid + order initially). My pricing is also an additional 10k below current.

[Edit]. Yes, what DukeofURL just said. :)

Finally got my signature wheels installed! Looks so damn good and I don't think pictures really do it justice.
46533813-E037-4581-9AF1-1A3CD45FFA54.jpeg0186C20C-EC95-447A-9FD9-D6EB05B04BEF.jpeg3767FA4D-3E0D-4354-9FB5-19329971721A.jpeg23D69A92-2C1F-4867-9248-A931F678AE94.jpeg

@2021plaid - so the plaids have no wait period? Not sure I can wait for 7 months for MSLR.
Like many things Tesla, it depends on spec, specifically interior colors. The white interior (although my favorite) is the longest wait time, while black and cream appear to be pretty readily available. I've heard as low as 2-3 weeks (please don't quote me on that lol ;)), and you can count on the Plaid being a quicker delivery, especially as the end of 2021 is fast approaching. :)

Sent back to factory from the Field Center (Delivery Center) after inspection where they found a deficiency that needed to be fixed at the factory. Now that that deficiency has been fixed the prior inspection stands and hence a new one not needed. Purely from my imagination so don't take this to the bank.
Sounds reasonable but I'd speculate it is wrong, because stuff happens in transit. I imagine even a perfect car from Fremont can get scratched or have things break or bend or vibrate loose in transit.
Again, we've both guessing, but I can't imagine a car for retail wouldn't have to be inspected.
Now, if for a service center manager or employees, MAYBE no inspection, but I'd still imagine they need to check at least for safety if not cosmetics.

Thanks. Man, I can't even find the "Like" button. :)
You're welcome!
Oh don't worry, there's nothing to find yet.😀 Since you are a really new member, certain things like giving reactions, and changing your profile pic or signature are locked. You look to be really close to getting those though, as I think it's at around 10 posts when those features unlock.😃

I finally got the text last weekend that delivery will be tomorrow, 11/30, at 4 pm. It's completely contactless and I should be able to open the car with the app, sign a few registration papers, drop them in the mailbox, and then drive off. I have my checklist, but I fear that if people are leaving around that time, there might not be an opportunity to address any issues. I will also be bloody busy at work until Friday so that I don't even have time to properly test and drive it. But hell yeah - I am excited!

@Arunks Thanks! What are the first three after the NF in your VIN? What else to look for can be found in the linked mega thread here.

NF458 series.
I did check for the quality issues just now. Found the waviness/distortion in the rear hatch window's glass. IMO, it does not change anything from a driving/looking perspective. Now that I see it though, I see it all the time lol. Dont know if I can unsee it.
There's no rattle or shaky side mirror. I do have a service appointment next week, for some scratches on the fender, will check with them if they can do anything about the glass.

NF458 series.
I did check for the quality issues just now. Found the waviness/distortion in the rear hatch window's glass. IMO, it does not change anything from a driving/looking perspective. Now that I see it though, I see it all the time lol. Dont know if I can unsee it.
There's no rattle or shaky side mirror. I do have a service appointment next week, for some scratches on the fender, will check with them if they can do anything about the glass.
Thanks! Yeah, you can’t unsee the distortion, nor unfeel the vibration! Enjoy your new car!
@WilliamG

One other pleasant surprise for my delivery last Friday…. They are still honoring referral codes as my 1,000 SC mile are in my account and I have been using them.

That reminds me...I have 1000 miles free SuC in my account, but it expires a few weeks after the end of my EDD.

Plotting....

Hey honey, I've got to get the new MS, else I will loose free SuC...