Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@uthatcher But does it have the cursed vibration? No @Bill Price that’s not a call to order! 🤣
Nope. And thank goodness because I would get rid of it if it did. I am ridiculously sensitive to things like that and am fortunate enough to have the means to not be stuck with any vehicle I don’t want to have.

Oh wait…that vibration. 🤭

I don't think I am at all lol! The cars coming out of GigaShanghai are already 99.9% flawless. No QC issues. It's important to remember that all Teslas the US has experienced so far have been built at Fremont. Tesla Fremont is an adaption from the Toyota/GM NUMMI plant, and not designed by Tesla from the ground up. Shanghai was, and Texas and Berlin will be improving on what that factory is doing right now.😃
I don't think I am at all lol! The cars coming out of GigaShanghai are already 99.9% flawless. No QC issues. It's important to remember that all Teslas the US has experienced so far have been built at Fremont. Tesla Fremont is an adaption from the Toyota/GM NUMMI plant, and not designed by Tesla from the ground up. Shanghai was, and Texas and Berlin will be improving on what that factory is doing right now.😃
Have you seen the Tesla documentary Megafactory?
Tesla essentially designed it from the ground up. Yes the building is an old GM/Toyota plant but inside it was completely redone, Gilbert Passin I believe was the man in charge of getting the factory up and running.

Tesla essentially designed it from the ground up. Yes the building is an old GM/Toyota plant but inside it was completely redone, Gilbert Passin I believe was the man in charge of getting the factory up and running.
Oh for sure! They've done so much to it, but it still is organized relatively poorly for Tesla's uses. Even Elon admits that, and so that's why Shanghai and thus Texas and Berlin will be so superior, as the entire layout from start to finish is Tesla designed.😃

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
No physical rebuilding can remove the GM juju. It would take some sort of spiritual cleansing or something.

My preference would be, if you do this, black out the letters. Similar to how when I chrome deleted the previous model, I left the letters chrome. Personal preference.
Like this? (excuse my editing skills)

White Applique black letters.jpeg

I had seen the last Tweet, not the others. But yeah, I want the insane tech. And not the EQS style of ridiculous information overload tech. Just ridiculous tech. Nice and ridiculous.
Right? Yeah technology is obviously apparent in the UI, but it's almost more of a strength and a showing of prowess to have the simplest system. Not one full of endless menus. Yet crazy fast, and one that hosts an almost endless level of features.
VERY curious to see what they've done to the powertrain, and battery. Obviously it will have front and rear castings, and 4680s, but I think there is actually a possibility that it will have Tesla's first consumer quad motor powertrain. I've seen some stuff that might suggest it. And I've seen it multiple places. So SUPER excited for this call! Hopefully they do a MS and drop it in the shareholders' deck, and update that webpage!

Oh for sure! They've done so much to it, but it still is organized relatively poorly for Tesla's uses. Even Elon admits that, and so that's why Shanghai and thus Texas and Berlin will be so superior, as the entire layout from start to finish is Tesla designed.😃
Texas should definitely at least have a better paint finish.

Right? Yeah technology is obviously apparent in the UI, but it's almost more of a strength and a showing of prowess to have the simplest system. Not one full of endless menus. Yet crazy fast, and one that hosts an almost endless level of features.
VERY curious to see what they've done to the powertrain, and battery. Obviously it will have front and rear castings, and 4680s, but I think there is actually a possibility that it will have Tesla's first consumer quad motor powertrain. I've seen some stuff that might suggest it. And I've seen it multiple places. So SUPER excited for this call! Hopefully they do a MS and drop it in the shareholders' deck, and update that webpage!
Funny you mention the menus…the EQS had something like 1-layer menus or something of that nature. So MB knows that crazy layers are annoying. But the response is to make the entire dashboard a screen.

Layers aren’t even that bad. The Tesla UI is fine and it has layers. I don’t know, it just seems like they’re overthinking everything. Not Tesla, the legacies, I mean.

I wish I had the energy to type just how out of touch the MB dealer was with EV’s. And how much their current high yield situation was masking it.

I find all of this so fascinating. I love that we get to live through it and see this unfold.

Funny you mention the menus…the EQS had something like 1-layer menus or something of that nature. So MB knows that crazy layers are annoying. But the response is to make the entire dashboard a screen.

Layers aren’t even that bad. The Tesla UI is fine and it has layers. I don’t know, it just seems like they’re overthinking everything. Not Tesla, the legacies, I mean.

I wish I had the energy to type just how out of touch the MB dealer was with EV’s. And how much their current high yield situation was masking it.

I find all of this so fascinating. I love that we get to live through it and see this unfold.
Oh yeah the new MBUX crown jewel: the "ZERO LAYER". Which isn't bad idea, but OMG that screen! Have you seen how high the dash is in that thing? It's almost like the Toyota bz4x/Subaru Solterra, where the damn gauge display literally is right in your line of sight! I am all for gauge displays, but not like this. I soooo wish you could get the 450+ non Hyperscreen interior in the 580. Such a clean look compared. I dunno. I need to sit in a EQS before making any final judgments. Need to see and feel it. I want to give it a fair chance. :)

Oh yeah the new MBUX crown jewel: the "ZERO LAYER". Which isn't bad idea, but OMG that screen! Have you seen how high the dash is in that thing? It's almost like the Toyota bz4x/Subaru Solterra, where the damn gauge display literally is right in your line of sight! I am all for gauge displays, but not like this. I soooo wish you could get the 450+ non Hyperscreen interior in the 580. Such a clean look compared. I dunno. I need to sit in a EQS before making any final judgments. Need to see and feel it. I want to give it a fair chance. :)
I mean, it’s nice. Really, really nice. But WAY overdone. The Hyperscreen had so much going on, I couldn’t see any of jt.

The only think I can vividly recall was the driver display making a reddish ring around the speedo numbers while accelerating. And making a sound whilst doing so. All at an in incredibly tepid pace. But the sound and visual was trying to fool me into thinking it was accelerating faster than a Yugo. Which it likely was, but not by a lot.