Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're desperate for news... here's my latest change... FWIW
My est DOD was Dec 10 - Dec 31 for a few months. Last week it moved to Dec 29 - Dec 31 and I thought this was a desperate attempt to squeeze my (California) delivery in by the end of the year. Now it's just moved up to Dec 11 - Dec 31 which gives me more confidence in delivery by the end of the year (I think).
Ah, so just like it was in September.

It’s nice to know there are constants in the universe.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks! Yeah, you can’t unsee the distortion, nor unfeel the vibration! Enjoy your new car!
@WilliamG
Picking up a(n) MSLR hopefully within the next week or so (have VIN as of today). Is the distortion obvious if you know to look for it? Located in any particular portion of the window (edges, etc.)? I'd like to be able to spot it and report it if it's there when I see the car. The vibration I will have to experience on the way home. Thanks.

Picking up a(n) MSLR hopefully within the next week or so (have VIN as of today). Is the distortion obvious if you know to look for it? Located in any particular portion of the window (edges, etc.)? I'd like to be able to spot it and report it if it's there when I see the car. The vibration I will have to experience on the way home. Thanks.
I have no vibrations so I cant comment on that. For the distortion, look at your rear view mirror when driving and look for any straight lines (lane markers) or anything obvious, at the bottom of the glass meeting the frame of the hatchback. If there's distortion, it will look a little squiggly. Cheers!

Tesla delivered my car this morning. It stayed in the garage as I played golf. Made an appointment for PPF and ceramic and drove to North Phoenix. Driving for the first time at 80 mph and trying to figure out the turn signals was a bit unnerving especially when there are 7 lanes. Got if figured out with my wife following in our P85. I did not notice any distortion in the rear window, but it could have been there but not obvious at all. The windows are not getting tinted so will take a closer look when I get it back. The white interior is stunning.

The question about the amount to pay. I mentioned the FSD "discount" and said the ability to pay is not available until 2 days before delivery which includes any adjustments. It shows on the Tesla app when payment can be made. I did use the Plaid service and it took about a minute. Pretty slick.

I want to chrome the wheels but my wife likes how MEAN the car looks with the black 21's on the white. Not sold yet but the PPF people agreed with her. All gaps looked great to me and I am very happy with the car even though it sat in a Fremont lot for a month. I will not get the car until Saturday.

I have no vibrations so I cant comment on that. For the distortion, look at your rear view mirror when driving and look for any straight lines (lane markers) or anything obvious, at the bottom of the glass meeting the frame of the hatchback. If there's distortion, it will look a little squiggly. Cheers!
I had this on my 2018 75D for the past 3 years. I never noticed it until pointed out here a few months ago. Ignorance is bliss!

Anyone home, tonight?!

AED69835-D495-4E9F-948E-675C54BB3B7C.gif

I need a good chuckle; please gush about the “stellar” refreshed MS build quality, so I don’t cry! 😢
Well, overall my Plaid with 11,000 miles has been pretty good. The front bumper is misaligned enough that it wore a little of it’s own paint off, but I can fix that very easily. It had/has some suspension sounds that are not normal, but it works and drives perfectly fine. And it absolutely destroys any and all Hellcat’s on US 10 going through downtown LA on a daily basis. All while costing half of my Ducati Multistrada to operate daily.

So yeah. It’s good.

Well, overall my Plaid with 11,000 miles has been pretty good. The front bumper is misaligned enough that it wore a little of it’s own paint off, but I can fix that very easily. It had/has some suspension sounds that are not normal, but it works and drives perfectly fine. And it absolutely destroys any and all Hellcat’s on US 10 going through downtown LA on a daily basis. All while costing half of my Ducati Multistrada to operate daily.

So yeah. It’s good.
@uthatcher But does it have the cursed vibration? No @Bill Price that’s not a call to order! 🤣