Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a week of PPF and ceramic I got the car back today. After being somewhat hesitant getting a 2021 I could not be happier. Everything about the car is great. The PPF guy said the paint was as good as any car he has seen even with all the exotics in Scottsdale. Gaps and very good and consistent. I did see the distortion in the rear window but it is only the bottom 2 inches and I had to really search for it. The PPF is Expel and there are NO SEAMS ... amazing job. First time for PPF for me and I am really impressed. 2 Model S's really fill up a garage.

Attachments

• Model S.jpg
    Model S.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 83
  • S 2.jpg
    S 2.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 64
Well, My

Looks like they are into NFs now, IF you specify you'll only take delivery of '22. I had been soft-matched to a MF and told them, "NO, MF'ing way, I'm NOT taking a MF VIN". Tho, oc, if you don't tell them, you could get stuck with a "**b^stard** from the back lot". Hey, that could be my next band's name??! ;)

I finally got a delivery appt! It still has not cleared final inspection and they won't let me see it. But they'll deliver it to my house on Wed 12-8-21 by 4PM! Oh, man, this is so great! @IamGaryGnu You are right, "feels like the S is getting real!":p

It does sound like a good band name...

"The Plaid Bastards"

For an afterthought, some of the best pics so far. First one is a keeper.

Can't figure out the plate though. I'm sure it's clever, just too clever for me.

Are early plaid orders still getting the wood trim?
I love my walnut and cream Plaid interior! Some are still getting them, like @Phlier who recently rejected one, due to timing of delivery.

After a week of PPF and ceramic I got the car back today. After being somewhat hesitant getting a 2021 I could not be happier. Everything about the car is great. The PPF guy said the paint was as good as any car he has seen even with all the exotics in Scottsdale. Gaps and very good and consistent. I did see the distortion in the rear window but it is only the bottom 2 inches and I had to really search for it. The PPF is Expel and there are NO SEAMS ... amazing job. First time for PPF for me and I am really impressed. 2 Model S's really fill up a garage.
I am planning to do the rear PPF that this month as I skipped that last month. I'll also expecting my spare full size wheel this month.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No seams even on the side mirrors? Impressive if true.