Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Plaid to maximum velocity. The rate at which the car reaches it makes me have zero doubts about whether it would hit 200 MPH, and I do I understand the difficulty of achieving that speed exponentially increases as speed increases.

Also, there was zero stability issues. As in zero. Although I admit I take certain risks, I am also very cautious and would immediately bail on any high speed run if the car felt any bit unstable. If the Plaid was capable of 200 I would incrementally work my way up to it at one of the half-mile or mile events.

I agree, had mine up there a few times as well and feels very stable.

Quick update, got a call from my SA that there were a bunch of Plaids available in the NE so I asked what was available similar to mine.

Long story short, I pick up my Blue/White/19s Plaid at June pricing on Saturday!
If you don't want FSD, you can drop the price $10,000 to $133,490. Just ask for it to be removed...
There are now 24 Plaids available for pickup in the North East... Pittsburgh, NY Metro, Wash DC, Phily... in all colors and flavors!!

Anyone else notice there is a flood of Plaid inventory out there now? In my area alone, there are 15. Even cars with white interiors. Some are listed as 2021s, and others are 2022s (the majority). I'm surprised there are still so many here waiting for a Plaid VIN. Perhaps "self-help" is an order? Find the car in inventory, then have your SA match your order to it. Just sharing a holiday thought!
Yes- there are about 12 in the 200 mile club for DC area and have been there all weekend. All are over 140k

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Quick update, got a call from my SA that there were a bunch of Plaids available in the NE so I asked what was available similar to mine.

Long story short, I pick up my Blue/White/19s Plaid at June pricing on Saturday!
I'm pretty sure this is a "No" but ...
Your original order was for MSLR. Are they offering you a PLAID for the June price of an LR? Or maybe they knew you're one who could make the switch and called you?
Just to add my premise in not completely unprecedented. Tesla did this with EOQ pushes in the days when MS was the only car they produced.

i just got an email from the SC i never dealt with (I think there are only 3 in NJ) - the email is attached.
1) i never dealt with Princeton
2) it sort of said, "f you" on the pricing (I have the lowest LR pricing I'm aware of - $15k below current I believe)
I did have some Plaid FOMO recently, but I think all things being equal, I'd rather wait until say, January 2, and get my LR with FSD. I also "require" all seasons, not sure if the 19" Plaids in my area come with all season.
1639420824294.png

i just got an email from the SC i never dealt with (I think there are only 3 in NJ) - the email is attached.
1) i never dealt with Princeton
2) it sort of said, "f you" on the pricing (I have the lowest LR pricing I'm aware of - $15k below current I believe)
I did have some Plaid FOMO recently, but I think all things being equal, I'd rather wait until say, January 2, and get my LR with FSD. I also "require" all seasons, not sure if the 19" Plaids in my area come with all season.
View attachment 743890
Interesting- if they sent this to me I might consider it. If the price was at the same point as previous.

I find the seats in the re-fresh's to be greatly improved over pre-refresh. There's currently a Y in our household too, which I find those seats to be be better than the pre-refresh S. But the refresh being the best by a margin.

Overall comfort, I really like it. As far as comparable cars the most recent years would include a 2018 E63, a '15 S63, a 2020 G550, 2 full size Range Rovers, and a bunch of sports cars in all that. But I won't count them since they are generally less comfortable than the vehicles I just mentioned.

To me, the Model S is more comfortable than all of the cars I listed, although not as fancy and not as high level of fit and finish. I believe the pre-refresh is more comfortable and then the refresh created a bigger margin compared to the last one. One big aspect of this for me is the quietness of Tesla's in general. I'm noise sensitive in general and I find the inherent quietness very effective in raising comfort and minimizing fatigue.

The overall comfort of seats, materials, positioning of arm rests, and feel of the touch points is very, very good. This is all very subjective though, so I don't know how anyone else would feel. They all work very, very well for me. Makes me wonder if I'm a similar build to Elon, LOL.

One huge comfort aspect to me is AP (I have FSD but it's not a factor here). I have sciatica issues and AP allows me to me my legs around and not be stationary for too long. I can drive my S for weeks and not aggravate it. Drive my Bronco (or any other non-AP car) for a few days and I'm in pain. This alone will keep me in a Tesla until other companies further their autonomous driving, particularly with the amount of miles I'm currently traveling.

And then the yoke. I find it to be very comfortable, I like the feel and the materials, although I know there has been some wear issues for some. I do not have them. I like how it opens up the dashboard. I find these add to the overall comfort of the vehicle. I still hate the horn and mostly dislike the turn signals, but I've adjusted to them and they are mostly a non-issue.

Also, I may be crazy here, but I've had good experiences with Tesla's compared to the cars I listed above when considering quality. My S63 was in the shop for a month with the motor out replacing the turbo's (at the exact same time my 991 Turbo had a rod through the case (now that's animal @lolachampcar o_O )), the RR's were electronic cesspools, and the G550 was just plain noisy (wind noise). The E63 was fine.

All of this to say, I've had some nice vehicles, I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive pretty much what I prefer, and I'm sticking with Tesla for the foreseeable future.
Super helpful feedback. Have similar comfort issues due to being 6'3"...cars where I can't straighten my legs on long drives and shift around are a killer. The G-wagon wasn't super comfortable, but the X has a ton of legroom (as did my 750).

Interesting- if they sent this to me I might consider it. If the price was at the same point as previous.
now i'm vacillating as usual.
truthfully, if i was having a killer week or month, i may say "f it" but since things are a little quiet, i'm trying to think more with the sense than the dollars :)
it IS tempting though.
i still maintain the LR is a better value TO ME - i'm not going on the track, and i doubt i'll have more trouble with an LR than a Plaid getting on a highway, etc. - if it was a $10k price difference I'd have to justify to myself - but I think it's a $40k or so difference unless i'm mistaken. I believe my purchase all in is $94k, including the interior and exterior and FSD.
edit - PS - i don't think there's any way to know how the sale of my current driver will go whether now (pre-xmas) or if that makes a difference - on the one hand, it's technically a calendar year earlier than in january, for that $9.99 cent thing, versus $10,00 thing in stores.
I don't know if cars will continue to increase in price, if carvana, givemethevin, etc. would give more now than in a couple of weeks, etc. - if i KNEW i could get say, $10k more now, AND if i could get June pricing, that would sweeten the pot...

truthfully, if i was having a killer week or month, i may say "f it" but since things are a little quiet, i'm trying to think more with the sense than the dollars :)
it IS tempting though.
i still maintain the LR is a better value TO ME - i'm not going on the track, and i doubt i'll have more trouble with an LR than a Plaid getting on a highway, etc. - if it was a $10k price difference I'd have to justify to myself - but I think it's a $40k or so difference unless i'm mistaken. I believe my purchase all in is $94k, including the interior and exterior and FSD.
Same boat here. I'd LOVE to get a Plaid but it would be wasted on me... If anything it's tempting to flip my May priced LR for a Plaid after getting it, but even then I can't really justify the difference.

No one is touching the long list of Plaids here either. Some have been on the list for more than two weeks. With 2022s listed, who would pick a 2021 (same specs) at the same price?
My SA emailed me saying he was sorry about the quality issues last month with my delivery, and that he noticed a hold on my account so he removed it so I could get a VIN...I said whoa boy...I'm traveling until January 7th so need the hold until then. NFW I want to get a 2021 VIN assigned after they fudged up my MSM white plaid I waited 11 months for. I'll gladly wait until Feb for a flawless NF vin

it IS tempting though.
edit - PS - i don't think there's any way to know how the sale of my current driver will go whether now (pre-xmas) or if that makes a difference - on the one hand, it's technically a calendar year earlier than in january, for that $9.99 cent thing, versus $10,00 thing in stores.
I don't know if cars will continue to increase in price, if carvana, givemethevin, etc. would give more now than in a couple of weeks, etc. - if i KNEW i could get say, $10k more now, AND if i could get June pricing, that would sweeten the pot...
yeah I am with you and finishing up an expensive bathroom remodel. Not the best time for an extra $30k outlay

I’ve had my Plaid to maximum velocity. The rate at which the car reaches it makes me have zero doubts about whether it would hit 200 MPH, and I do I understand the difficulty of achieving that speed exponentially increases as speed increases.

Also, there was zero stability issues. As in zero. Although I admit I take certain risks, I am also very cautious and would immediately bail on any high speed run if the car felt any bit unstable. If the Plaid was capable of 200 I would incrementally work my way up to it at one of the half-mile or mile events.
just catching up on reading and skipped the last pages but if it hasnt already been mentioned, alignment can be a world of difference in a cars handling at super high speeds. Makes me wonder if the alignment was correct on the test vehicle