Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Constant rain and cold this time of year in Seattle. Decided to give mine a fast bath in the rain today!

5F4AB8EE-E535-4D82-9ACE-DD40E2F11FCD.jpeg

I don't know if your Tesla service Center has an alignment rack but you should ask them what are the standard specifications of alignment settings for the front and rear wheels. That way you will see how far out of spec. this rear wheel was. they owe you a tire!!
Thank you for the feedback. Firestone saw it before Tesla. They ruled out bad tire and alignment as only a third of the inside of the tire shows wear. They are include to believe it is a wheel balance issue. Out of balance or bad wheel. Warning to all----these tires take 4 weeks to get on Tirerack. Plan ahead. Tesla is trying to track one down.

EXACTLY! You get me! Wish my wife did :)
I'm texting my buddy/neighbor who let me drive his Plaid, just asked him does he think the Plaid is worth $35k more.
He is also talking me out of FSD, i'm just afraid of 1) FOMO and 2) $15k price increase though i think on the board they say ou can remove FSD without a problem. Frankly, FSD...is not.
I second his suggestion.....

They are pretty useless. I have called many times, and they always just tell me that I have the most up to date information, and there is no reason for me to change payment method to loan or try to get an appraisal for my trade-in UNTIL I receive my VIN. It's pretty frustrating. My wife was told at the SC that they had a soft date of Dec 27th, which does line up with my current range. My experience is that the closer you get to EDD the leas useless they are. Maybe no use until your VIN comes nonetheless

I do find it strange that I'm that close to that date and don't have a VIN. But hey, they haven't bumped me yet either so there's that!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took delivery yesterday and couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out! The car has no major panel gaps or paint issues.

One thing I instantly noticed was how heavy the car felt when driving, my previous car was a Model 3 Performance and this thing felt completely different at first, but after driving all day I am more used to it now. I also love everything about the new interior, my center console sliding door thing does have some scratches on it though. I'm considering making a service appointment because they are quite visible in daylight and there is a lot of them. Does anyone know if this is something they can easily replace? I'm referring to the carbon fiber sliding door on the top of the middle center console up front.

I also did one launch so far which was mind blowing, a sensation I cannot describe. I originally ordered a LR model but after feeling the power of the plaid I am confident I made the right choice, it's just so fun. Another thing is that whenever I floor it from 0 the car does seem to shake a bit up front, I assume this is the tires loosing traction because it didnt have the same shaking/rumbling feeling when launching it.

Attachments

• IMG-0847.jpg
    IMG-0847.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-0819 (1).jpg
    IMG-0819 (1).jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-0864.jpg
    IMG-0864.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-0802.jpg
    IMG-0802.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 61
I am likely to use a 50% tint on my taillights to hide the ugly but not sure how I feel about tinting the headlights with a blue tesla. Anyone else out there with a blue tesla (S, 3, X, or Y) already do this and can send a photo and impressions?
I tinted mine as part of my full orange wrap. I will take some pics of the back when I get a chance. It cost me $150 for the tail light wrap and that made this a non issue for me.

Well @2021plaid I guess the person of the year and belt buckle are the gush-worthy news for the day?

In honor of these 2, I decided to order a Plaid X. 😆. They just seem underpriced to me yet and for the $250 gamble, I figure why not. October ‘22 EDD.

Although, taking nothing away from Elon, I do wish more of the people he surrounds himself revived a bit more credit for the massive accomplishments he’s orchestrated. But in reality I guess these accomplishments are so heavily dependent on him that the others really are second fiddle.

That does not bode well for any of his companies if something were to happen to him. That is not “Built to Last” material in Jim Collins speak.

Well @2021plaid I guess the person of the year and belt buckle are the gush-worthy news for the day?

In honor of these 2, I decided to order a Plaid X. 😆. They just seem underpriced to me yet and for the $250 gamble, I figure why not. October ‘22 EDD.

Although, taking nothing away from Elon, I do wish more of the people he surrounds himself revived a bit more credit for the massive accomplishments he’s orchestrated. But in reality I guess these accomplishments are so heavily dependent on him that the others really are second fiddle.

That does not bode well for any of his companies if something were to happen to him. That is not “Built to Last” material in Jim Collins speak.
I've thought about the whole "X company" after Musk, but even now, I think he's set up the companies really well. Especially Tesla. Like even on the Q3 Earnings Call, yeah it was a little dry and I missed Elon's spontaneity, but he's got a great team over there. I mean Zach, Drew, Lars, etc... are really good people, who know what they are doing and believe in the same mission he does. And that's the thing. I was watching a former Tesla employee of 4 years describe his job, and he said that Elon's culture truly does reflect everywhere. There aren't these walls of "oh it's not your business", and politics don't last over there either. He said if you're one of those people who lords knowledge over others and keeps it in, you won't last long at all. All employees are truly expected to bring their best, and not hold back on any ideas they may have, even if it's outside their job description. There's no such thing as "above your pay grade" at Tesla it seems. In fact, if someone tries to hold that person back from going to upper management or even emailing Elon, they are fired, as Tesla may have just lost a really good idea.
So what I mean by this is that he knows he won't be there forever, so Tesla hires the best people possible. Additionally, these employees are expected to work really hard. Like really hard. 80+ hours in some cases. So what that does is weeds out the true employees who really believe in the mission from the 9-5 trudgers who are just there to take a paycheck. Anyone who's values don't align with Tesla's will get burned out really fast. This makes for a really efficient workforce of only the best. (And in this case I mean in the factories and corporate, not so much CS yet).

So yeah I think they will be just fine. Things do happen quicker while Elon is there, but even when he moves down from CEO (maybe to CTO or something), I know a very gifted and a highly driven individual who believes in the mission will take the reigns, be that Zach Kirkhorn or someone else.

Last edited:
I've thought about the whole "X company" after Musk, but even now, I think he's set up the companies really well. Especially Tesla. Like even on the Q3 Earnings Call, yeah it was a little dry and I missed Elon's spontaneity, but he's got a great team over there. I mean Zach, Drew, Lars, etc... are really good people, who know what they are doing and believe in the same mission he does. And that's the thing. I was watching a former Tesla employee of 4 years describe his job, and he said that Elon's culture truly does reflect everywhere. There aren't these walls of "oh it's not your business", and politics don't last over there either. He said if you're one of those people who lords knowledge over others and keeps it in, you won't long at all. All employees are truly expected to bring their best, and not hold back on any ideas they may have, even if it's outside their job description. There's no such thing as "above your pay grade" at Tesla it seems. In fact, if someone tries to hold that person back from going to upper management or even emailing Elon, they are fired, as Tesla may have just lost a really good idea.
So what I mean by this is that he knows he won't be there forever, so Tesla hires the best people possible. Additionally, these employees are expected to work really hard. Like really hard. 80+ hours in some cases. So what that does is weeds out the true employees who really believe in the mission from the 9-5 trudgers who are just there to take a paycheck. Anyone who's values don't align with Tesla's will get burned out really fast. This makes for a really efficient workforce of only the best. (And in this case I mean in the factories and corporate, not so much CS yet).

So yeah I think they will be just fine. Things do happen quicker while Elon is there, but even when he moves down from CEO (maybe to CTO or something), I know a very gifted and a highly driven individual who believes in the mission will take the reigns, be that Zach Kirkhorn or someone else.
Now that's good gushing, thank you!

I agree, had mine up there a few times as well and feels very stable.
I also have this experience. I have had the car at the drag strip for 100+ mph runs (up to 156 mph) and dozens of full accelerations runs and I agree with @uthatcher. I do think @lolachampcar was very perceptive: the power of the Plaid + the yoke requires you be purposeful in regards to posture, seating positions and creating a stable frame to hold the yoke.

I also have this experience. I have had the car at the drag strip for 100+ mph runs (up to 156 mph) and dozens of full accelerations runs and I agree with @uthatcher. I do think @lolachampcar was very perceptive: the power of the Plaid + the yoke requires you be purposeful in regards to posture, seating positions and creating a stable frame to hold the yoke.
I might add, it is generally very prudent to be purposeful at the yoke, or wheel, at triple digits!