Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a lot of talk on this on this forum and others. I'm still a future owner, and went back and forth, and actually ordered an SSD and then cancelled and went with SD cards (i think sandisk endurance max or similar terminology). there's a whole "debate" - some folks swear by SSD, others the sticks/SD cards (acdtually, TF cards).
My rationale was 1) the beast comes with a usb stick and not an ssd 2) tesla's manual basically talks about usb sticks or TF cards and lastly, you can't even buy an SSD from Tesla, but you CAN buy a USB stick.
I BELIEVE the TF cards are supposed to survive temperature extremes better. The SSDs can come in larger sizes, so can have a larger area to write, ergo perhaps less writing fatigue.
FWIW I bought 2 endurance max cards - the 32gb to hold my roughly 2gb of music - that thing was $11, and the adapters were $12!!!!! the other card was 256gb and that is for the glove box.
they both have fairly long warranties and a LOT of write cycles, i think the 256gb is good for something like 13,000 hours or 130,000 hours or something crazy.
i wouldn't mind replacing the sentry footage annually - i would VERY much mind losing video if i needed from an accident or for a police report.
i can give links if you really want
With the T5 SSD in the glove box, I bought a 64gb San Disk USB-C ($12 @ Best Buy) for the center console for music and boombox sounds. My sons were quite anxious for my horn to play, “Move Bitch, get out the way…”

After some fiddling around, this is up and running too.

With the T5 SSD in the glove box, I bought a 64gb San Disk USB-C ($12 @ Best Buy) for the center console for music and boombox sounds. My sons were quite anxious for my horn to play, “Move Bitch, get out the way…”

After some fiddling around, this is up and running too.
My wife has wanted this to play since the day she heard Teslas could have custom horn sounds...sadly our MYP didn't have the boombox feature.

Been a while since I have posted. I am sure this should be on a different forum however I know this group is very opinionated so I have sought your feedback.

12,000 miles back left tire has incredible wear on the inside edge ONLY on a 1/3 of the tire. Tesla has it today. What do you think is the cause.

IMG_2602.jpeg

Been a while since I have posted. I am sure this should be on a different forum however I know this group is very opinionated so I have sought your feedback.

12,000 miles back left tire has incredible wear on the inside edge ONLY on a 1/3 of the tire. Tesla has it today. What do you think is the cause.

View attachment 743905
I don't know if your Tesla service Center has an alignment rack but you should ask them what are the standard specifications of alignment settings for the front and rear wheels. That way you will see how far out of spec. this rear wheel was. they owe you a tire!!

View attachment 743905
wow, that looks to me like it was abrading the wheel well or something - on my benz there is a plasticy fender cover that can detach and rub the tire.

View attachment 743905
Either a manufacturing flaw, you ran over something or you just love taking corners at 120+ MPH. 🙃

The Fremont factory used to do a huge number of deliveries... I picked up my first Model S there years ago. ;)
That would be awesome. I talked to Tesla today, they told me my car was on the train. When he asked if there was anything else, I said “you guys should let me come to Fremont to pick up my car”, he laughed and said that I don’t want to come to Fremont, it’s too busy, too crazy.

So I still don't have my VIN with a 6 day range, starting x-mas day. Is it too early to find out if my car has been identified and if it is in transport, or not until a VIN? Thanks! (about to try to hidden webpage vin, yet again...)
You should ask your SA if you have one if not call Tesla main # and punch through to sales...they might tell you something more useful.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Same boat here. I'd LOVE to get a Plaid but it would be wasted on me... If anything it's tempting to flip my May priced LR for a Plaid after getting it, but even then I can't really justify the difference.
EXACTLY! You get me! Wish my wife did :)
I'm texting my buddy/neighbor who let me drive his Plaid, just asked him does he think the Plaid is worth $35k more.
He is also talking me out of FSD, i'm just afraid of 1) FOMO and 2) $15k price increase though i think on the board they say ou can remove FSD without a problem. Frankly, FSD...is not.

So I still don't have my VIN with a 6 day range, starting x-mas day. Is it too early to find out if my car has been identified and if it is in transport, or not until a VIN? Thanks! (about to try to hidden webpage vin, yet again...)
I'm in same boat, I do find it strange I don't have a VIN. I even installed the chrome extension to try and see if I had a hidden VIN, but nope.

You should ask your SA if you have one if not call Tesla main # and punch through to sales...they might tell you something more useful.
They are pretty useless. I have called many times, and they always just tell me that I have the most up to date information, and there is no reason for me to change payment method to loan or try to get an appraisal for my trade-in UNTIL I receive my VIN. It's pretty frustrating. My wife was told at the SC that they had a soft date of Dec 27th, which does line up with my current range.

I do find it strange that I'm that close to that date and don't have a VIN. But hey, they haven't bumped me yet either so there's that!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm in same boat, I do find it strange I don't have a VIN. I even installed the chrome extension to try and see if I had a hidden VIN, but nope.
I don't trust the extension, so I check the code myself, manually, like cavemen used to - nope, no VIN. Really strange. I did as mentioned earlier, get an offer to buy a Plaid. Um, yippie?
I'm all FOR a Plaid. I'm just not all for PAYING for one.
And now, I want a 2022, early January 2022, holding out hope for some sort of tax package that will cover the S. I think there's a 5% chance that will happen, and 95% chance it won't, but it seems like a 100% chance there will be nothing for 2021 deliveries, so....