Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got up this morning, loved me some TSLA, clicked on my Tesla account page, and instead of a VIN, saw that the EDD changed from 12/22-12/30 to 3/6-4/7...sad, but wealthier, Christmas in our house.
Hmmmm.....my S LR is expected sometime in January. I need to juggle some funds, and if January is not going to happen, it would make my life much easier if I knew.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update on my car. My previous post said no glass distortion, unfortunately today it is clear that isn't true. The bottom of the rear window distorts a lot. It is probably the bottom 1 inch. I am not sure what to do about it, might be worth a service request.

Also, the rear passenger windows have distortion in the back ~20%. Again, not sure if it is worth messing with. But it is there and real. Thankfully it seems the windshield is distortion free.

Also, I mentioned before the front doors are hard to close, it is really a thing. I am not sure what can be done, but you really need to put some force into closing them.
Keep us posted on the service request for the distortion.

Picked up my Model S Plaid tonight! My first Tesla, Wow what a car I am completely blown away. I have to give a thorough look over in the morning because it was dark outside but things looked pretty good. Didn’t see any seat wrinkles or vein in the steering wheel. All the trim and gaps seem good.

This thing is a rocket ship I have a Ferrari F8 and a 992 turbo S and this car blows them away. I love all the tech and fun things to play with in the arcade and toy box.

Can’t figure out how to get just cruise control to work. I had auto steer on and off and when I set it, it would work for awhile and then turn off. I must be doing something wrong. Also how do you get the high beams to stay on?

Yoke isn’t all that bad I will get use to it, only one time did I reach for the top that wasn’t there! This Red is just gorgeous and combined with the White interior and carbon fiber it’s just incredible!

For those of you who are waiting it is worth it!

Attachments

• 97FBF223-D1BF-42FF-8DF0-9D8E7E84B88E.jpeg
    97FBF223-D1BF-42FF-8DF0-9D8E7E84B88E.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 82
  • AC1EDBF9-7B8B-4E83-A24B-3A107FB3223A.jpeg
    AC1EDBF9-7B8B-4E83-A24B-3A107FB3223A.jpeg
    567.3 KB · Views: 82
Until issues are found. Then, programmers need time to address and retest.

That's what happened last year lol then they launched it super late at night like Xmas Eve and it was filled with bugs. Then he said part two was coming and it never did. There's a reason it's coming out the day before Christmas Eve... Elon likes to run the timelines thin.

Reactions: Drew-MS and jebinc
Picked up my Model S Plaid tonight! My first Tesla, Wow what a car I am completely blown away. I have to give a thorough look over in the morning because it was dark outside but things looked pretty good. Didn’t see any seat wrinkles or vein in the steering wheel. All the trim and gaps seem good.

This thing is a rocket ship I have a Ferrari F8 and a 992 turbo S and this car blows them away. I love all the tech and fun things to play with in the arcade and toy box.

Can’t figure out how to get just cruise control to work. I had auto steer on and off and when I set it, it would work for awhile and then turn off. I must be doing something wrong. Also how do you get the high beams to stay on?

Yoke isn’t all that bad I will get use to it, only one time did I reach for the top that wasn’t there! This Red is just gorgeous and combined with the White interior and carbon fiber it’s just incredible!

For those of you who are waiting it is worth it!
Auto pilot needs like 50 miles to calibrate. Not sure if that is the problem or why it would affect TACC. Try a reboot.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That's what happened last year lol then they launched it super late at night like Xmas Eve and it was filled with bugs. Then he said part two was coming and it never did. There's a reason it's coming out the day before Christmas Eve... Elon likes to run the timelines thin.
Sounds like we have a few failed holiday update veterans here...