Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really think they should add $2k to every car, include FSD, and be done. I don’t know the economics, but if every car was $2k more, I think that would generate more $, than $10k or $12k for what, 1 out of 5 cars or whatever?
After over 4 years with my "FSD" 2017, I've realized that I'm happy if the car can lane hold, do blinker initiated lane changes, and handle stop & go traffic on the freeway. City stuff I'd rather handle myself. FSD won't be able to figure out that the dbag in the BMW on your rear right corner will jam on the gas when he sees your blinker.

After over 4 years with my "FSD" 2017, I've realized that I'm happy if the car can lane hold, do blinker initiated lane changes, and handle stop & go traffic on the freeway. City stuff I'd rather handle myself. FSD won't be able to figure out that the dbag in the BMW on your rear right corner will jam on the gas when he sees your blinker.
Zactly. My neighbor summed that and other things up. I think the car can technically be proficient, but I question how long until it is intuitive. Example, a guy who is weaving even within his lane a few car lengths ahead of you, or a city street where you see a ball roll past, which likely has a kid near it.

Yeah, I’m yet to trade in with Tesla. But I know by experience that FSD does retain value to parties other than Tesla.
And I’m not sure that Tesla does not credit some of the value on trade in. All I know for sure is that they remove and offer it again for sale for the vehicle when they sell it.
I listed on autotrader after my 12/29 vin and appointment were revoked. If I get more $$$ autotrader it is. So far it is NOT happening, so the lower tesla trade in is seemingly happening.

I joined on page 1074 and like your favorite herpes sore, I just keep hanging on - occasionally popping up to let you know I am still here.

I don’t think I have a favorite, they’re all equally nice.

I should've stuck with my new years resolution of not logging on here every day. Some hurt more than others (failing at a goal, not herpes, which I definitely do not have).

That’s about where I’m at with it. Unless I want to win friends and influence my uncle, then I pop on FSD and let Beta do the rest.

If traffic is heavy, it’s mostly terrifying. My partner can hardly stand it. But if traffic is light, it is pretty amazing. I took a friend home to the upper part of Belair last night and I think I only had maybe 1-2 interventions. And those are all tight, winding, hilly roads. It even slowed for the speed bumps and navigated a complicated circle perfectly fine. We were both thinking about just how far cars had progressed since we’d known each other, roughly 13 years. Its dramatic.

But it’s only a novelty in the city, nothing more yet from my perspective. On the highway, I use it all the time.

It is clearly advancing though. The difference between 10.4 and 10.8 is pretty dramatic. I was skipped over for 5, 6, and 7 so maybe I’m able to really feel the difference. 10.4 was a nightmare, 10.8 is pretty smooth overall.

I listed on autotrader after my 12/29 vin and appointment were revoked. If I get more $$$ autotrader it is. So far it is NOT happening, so the lower tesla trade in is seemingly happening.
Try any wholesalers or CarMax? There’s one in Maple Shade, shouldn't be much more than an hour trip one way.

Ive got a good wholesaler out here that always does me right. That’s doesn’t help you a bit, but I will say he paid over MSRP for my 2021 pre-refresh SLR. So wholesalers will step up.

Ah, don’t be like that, it’s great in here! Come one, come all! 😁

Well I have successfully broken my addiction to refreshing the order page daily. That was a good first step. In other news...

You know the TMC mods quote posts on Twitter. I'm praying for the day they decide to get a @Hayseed_MS quote up there. They just don't have the courage to do it!

That’s about where I’m at with it. Unless I want to win friends and influence my uncle, then I pop on FSD and let Beta do the rest.

If traffic is heavy, it’s mostly terrifying. My partner can hardly stand it. But if traffic is light, it is pretty amazing. I took a friend home to the upper part of Belair last night and I think I only had maybe 1-2 interventions. And those are all tight, winding, hilly roads. It even slowed for the speed bumps and navigated a complicated circle perfectly fine. We were both thinking about just how far cars had progressed since we’d known each other, roughly 13 years. Its dramatic.

But it’s only a novelty in the city, nothing more yet from my perspective. On the highway, I use it all the time.

It is clearly advancing though. The difference between 10.4 and 10.8 is pretty dramatic. I was skipped over for 5, 6, and 7 so maybe I’m able to really feel the difference. 10.4 was a nightmare, 10.8 is pretty smooth overall.
I got out at 10.4, via the opt out process. 10.4 was ba ba baaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Well I have successfully broken my addiction to refreshing the order page daily. That was a good first step. In other news...

You know the TMC mods quote posts on Twitter. I'm praying for the day they decide to get a @Hayseed_MS quote up there. They just don't have the courage to do it!

But, so many to choose from - how would they pick the golden child?

Try any wholesalers or CarMax? There’s one in Maple Shade, shouldn't be much more than an hour trip one way.

Ive got a good wholesaler out here that always does me right. That’s doesn’t help you a bit, but I will say he paid over MSRP for my 2021 pre-refresh SLR. So wholesalers will step up.
Thanks. A couple were BOHICA, I guess being rear ended didn’t help

But, so many to choose from - how would they pick the golden child?
1641646476584.jpeg