Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mmmmmmm... DONUTS
donut-simpson.gif

An EV license plate wouldn't be able to track years of eligibility for the carpool lane unless there was a different version released every year and then you would need a new one on year 4 of ownership.
Yeah, but that was a stupid rule change in the first place. If they were getting worried about the HOV lanes getting clogged, perhaps the CHP could actually try doing some enforcement.

Yeah, but that was a stupid rule change in the first place. If they were getting worried about the HOV lanes getting clogged, perhaps the CHP could actually try doing some enforcement.
Not to mention it really doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. I definitely take advantage of it, and will for as long as possible, but it's hard to understand why a car without multiple passengers is allowed in the HOV lane. Just because a vehicle is electric doesn't mean there aren't gains from carpooling...in fact it actually incentivizes people to not carpool and therefore add to traffic congestion.

Welp, on that note, I just added FSD to my Plaid X order.

Redundant firmware storage does not make a lot of sense. It is written to solid state as it is, if it was written to a RAID or simply copied to another location it would not save you from a code bug anyway. Solid state in this case rarely fails- I expect this is a code problem if computer related at all.
On reddit I saw some folks had partition or ssd issues - I think a backup of the firmware with redundancy would be beneficial. I have a pc with redundant bios.

Welp, on that note, I just added FSD to my Plaid X order.
Hope it did not raise your price other than the FSD add on!

Welp, on that note, I just added FSD to my Plaid X
I did that for my 3 back when they announced the increase from 7 to 10 in 2019 and still haven’t gotten anything measurably better than the EAP I upgraded from.

Hope it did not raise your price other than the FSD add on!
Nope, I don't think so. I have a 7-seater on order, which was discontinued last night. So if they actually build it it'll be a bit of a unicorn. And now with pre-increase FSD the vehicle should maintain it's value a little bit better. I hope Tesla throws another $0-$15k on the price of the X's in the coming months.

I did that for my 3 back when they announced the increase from 7 to 10 in 2019 and still haven’t gotten anything measurably better than the EAP I upgraded from.
Oh yeah, but that's on the functionality side. I have a car with FSD and a car with just AP so I understand the difference and the difficulty of justifying the cost of FSD. But it also adds resale value so that's why I jumped on it at the $10k now that it's increasing to $12k. I was waiting so I didn't have to pay sales tax on it but now the increase negates that idea.

Not to mention it really doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. I definitely take advantage of it, and will for as long as possible, but it's hard to understand why a car without multiple passengers is allowed in the HOV lane. Just because a vehicle is electric doesn't mean there aren't gains from carpooling...in fact it actually incentivizes people to not carpool and therefore add to traffic congestion.
It was meant to incentivize and accelerate the proliferation of clean air vehicles not clear congestion

"Tesla will raise the price of the Full Self-Driving suite by $2,000, bringing the price to $12,000 effective on January 17."
Just saw this elsewhere, so....
He literally could have REDUCED it be $2000. And coming from someone who had it (when I paid $3k for it if I recall) and has seen what it does today? I honestly can say I wouldnt pay $6k for it now. Anyone thinking it will do what Elon has promised (Robotaxi service, NYC to LA with zero intervention) anytime soon, is truly fooling themselves..

He literally could have REDUCED it be $2000. And coming from someone who had it (when I paid $3k for it if I recall) and has seen what it does today? I honestly can say I wouldnt pay $6k for it now. Anyone thinking it will do what Elon has promised (Robotaxi service, NYC to LA with zero intervention) anytime soon, is truly fooling themselves..
I really think they should add $2k to every car, include FSD, and be done. I don’t know the economics, but if every car was $2k more, I think that would generate more $, than $10k or $12k for what, 1 out of 5 cars or whatever?