Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will never understand the argument that having physical buttons is a bad thing. I frequently get annoyed by having everything on a screen and often buried in submenus. The v11 release also proved that even functionality you get used to on the screen can get moved overnight forcing you to relearn otherwise simple functions. I get the idea of liking a minimal look but I personally miss having physical buttons for things like climate control. Once you get used to the position of said buttons they become second nature and thus a very quick adjustment.
did someone say..buttons?

I will never understand the argument that having physical buttons is a bad thing. I frequently get annoyed by having everything on a screen and often buried in submenus. The v11 release also proved that even functionality you get used to on the screen can get moved overnight forcing you to relearn otherwise simple functions. I get the idea of liking a minimal look but I personally miss having physical buttons for things like climate control. Once you get used to the position of said buttons they become second nature and thus a very quick adjustment.
Having had Teslas since 2018 (got in just when the v9 UI came out), I've found that the only thing that never changes is that everything is always changing, lol. Most times for the better, occasionally not.

Having had Teslas since 2018 (got in just when the v9 UI came out), I've found that the only thing that never changes is that everything is always changing, lol. Most times for the better, occasionally not.
Had to revise this, it was actually 2017 but TMC won't let me edit it. That's what I get for forum posting while on conference calls, haha.

I respectfully disagree. As I recall, you get a credit pull when you apply, and another one right before closing. I have a friend who is a mortgage guy, and one of the meme's he posted on Fb was about a guy who get a .5% cheaper interest rate credit card during a home loan and it killed his mortgage.
I think the home buyer needs to push the car way back. nobody wants to lose $12k, but losing the house would likely be worse. Another option might have to be, if losing the $12k discount on the car, maybe lease (after the mortgage is in place) or else maybe finance at that point.
I had to wait on getting a new Tesla due to the same situation (wait for me was 6 months). Don’t want to get multiple hard credit pulls and on top of that if you’re getting Tesla financing at least, they will pull your credit again after 90 days.

I had to wait on getting a new Tesla due to the same situation (wait for me was 6 months). Don’t want to get multiple hard credit pulls and on top of that if you’re getting Tesla financing at least, they will pull your credit again after 90 days.
So based on these comments if I'm financing I should wait until I have a VIN before saying I want to finance through Tesla (to avoid repeated credit pulls.) Same go for trade-ins? If I want a trade-in price, I should wait since they can keep changing it?

So based on these comments if I'm financing I should wait until I have a VIN before saying I want to finance through Tesla (to avoid repeated credit pulls.) Same go for trade-ins? If I want a trade-in price, I should wait since they can keep changing it?
Definitely wait. I advise waiting until your car is actually in transit.

The trade-in price changes don't really matter too much, it's the repeated credit pulls you want to avoid.

DCU can pretty much approve you on the spot. some of the replies have said wait until you have a VIN, i think that's not a terrible idea. i don't know the time from fremont to texas, but figure at least a few days, so the VIN may well be assigned after the car is built but before it is shipped, which might give you a solid week.

This is a 85% accurate description of how I feel. I’ll miss some stuff and excited for stuff.
I'd be interested to see where we differed.
i will say I have a lot of buttons, and i'll be going to what, 0 (other than the yoke).
with the benz, there are so many buttons to the left of the wheel, and on the center stack, that i have adhesive "rhinestones" on some of them so i can find them easier by touch - mostly my top down cameras (which i'll really miss) and the nav button (which i think i won't need)

DCU can pretty much approve you on the spot. some of the replies have said wait until you have a VIN, i think that's not a terrible idea. i don't know the time from fremont to texas, but figure at least a few days, so the VIN may well be assigned after the car is built but before it is shipped, which might give you a solid week.
I can confirm, DCU approval took 5 seconds online, I uploaded my MVPA to their portal and called them. Had a check fed ex'd to my house within an hour and had it the next day. They're great and you can't beat the 1.24% APR, the direct deposit thing isn't that big of a deal.

I can confirm, DCU approval took 5 seconds online, I uploaded my MVPA to their portal and called them. Had a check fed ex'd to my house within an hour and had it the next day. They're great and you can't beat the 1.24% APR, the direct deposit thing isn't that big of a deal.
Wow that's awesome to hear. I didn't really look around at all yet for 3rd party financing but you may have convinced me on this one :) I'll check it again when I get a VIN (my model S plaid is estimated for April timeframe.. unless it moves)

I ordered earlier this a.m. - 2 to 3 week delay ("two weeks")
i wish they had a rear solution - i'd be interested to hear how your frankenflap solution works.
@IamGaryGnu Frankenflaps work great! Zero chips. The fronts are a tad bit inboard, due to my installation. I was going to adjust them in the spring, but now I will just replace the fronts with the Tesla model. Will keep my frakenflaps in the rear!

I'd be interested to see where we differed.
i will say I have a lot of buttons, and i'll be going to what, 0 (other than the yoke).
with the benz, there are so many buttons to the left of the wheel, and on the center stack, that i have adhesive "rhinestones" on some of them so i can find them easier by touch - mostly my top down cameras (which i'll really miss) and the nav button (which i think i won't need)

A great solution to "So many buttons, so little time"

I might try that on my next car with a yoke, since you can't really feel the buttons.

Are you a little grumpy because your Vikings didn’t make the playoffs? Well, my Broncos were just as bad. Maybe next year we will have better teams and even better headlights. 🙏
Neither of you have anything to be grumpy about. My Colts had TWO chances at the end of the season to make it to the playoffs. They ended up playing nearly up to the ability of a high school football team.

Cross posting from the MSLR Delivery thread...

For anyone looking to sell their current car to VROOM, wanted to give a quick recap of my experience.

27 Dec - Got quote from Vroom (about 20% higher than Carvana, Carmax, and local dealers)
29 Dec - Completed initial car info/picture uploads on Vroom, received first round of docs to e-sign
2 Jan - Received FEDEX package with doc to sign, sent back on 5 Jan
6 Jan - Vroom received my title and signed paperwork, one more round of e-sign. Assigned pickup company/driver to me
11 Jan - Pickup driver reached out to schedule pickup
12 Jan - Car picked up and sent Bill of Lading to Vroom
Today - Just received full payment (as in they didn't change anything)

Overall a VERY easy and quick process. I've read plenty of horror stories online so YMMV but I also saw a few other people in here that have had great success over the past month.