Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there is any legal reason they would want to hold off on the first sale of the lights until the patent application was published. It has been many years since I studied patent law, but that feels like it was a thing.

They have been publishing Cybertruck patents and that is imminent at two weeks away.

I wonder if there is any legal reason they would want to hold off on the first sale of the lights until the patent application was published. It has been many years since I studied patent law, but that feels like it was a thing.
Yeah I thought of that too, but I'm not sure. For example, they started deliveries of the Plaid in June, but the patent office didn't publish the wrapped-motor-rotor patent until late Nov/Dec 2021. So I'm not sure if they would have to wait to ship the lights until the patent got published.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
They have been publishing Cybertruck patents and that is imminent at two weeks away.

Yeah I thought of that too, but I'm not sure. For example, they started deliveries of the Plaid in June, but the patent office didn't publish the wrapped-motor-rotor patent until late Nov/Dec 2021. So I'm not sure if they would have to wait to ship the lights until the patent got published.

Based on my two favorite people, we have established that Tesla will do whatever and you cannot base the future off their past behavior.

• Informative
Reactions: BPeter
reminder to those taking delivery:

Section 7

your welcome
I had totally forgot about this, I will add it to my list of things to do if I ever get a car! Thanks

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I honestly felt fine with the summer tires after having the conversation with my SA and wary of the bad reviews the AS's have gotten.
With me, I already have forged aftermarket 21"wheels waiting in the box in my garage. Plan to get summer tires on those. So the 19's were going to be my winter setup. If my 19's come with summers, ruins my plans. So imma need to PUSH for the all seasons that have been stated twice by two different SA's...will come on mine.

I've seen several people in this thread taking delivery in Richmond VA. I'm scheduled for delivery noon Sunday. If anyone happens to check the Glen Allen lot Saturday, look for a red/black/19" LR which could be mine. I'm a little worried as to whether the car actually arrived. It was an inventory purchase and trucked up from Florida. I've been unable to get anyone a Tesla to respond.

I've seen several people in this thread taking delivery in Richmond VA. I'm scheduled for delivery noon Sunday. If anyone happens to check the Glen Allen lot Saturday, look for a red/black/19" LR which could be mine. I'm a little worried as to whether the car actually arrived. It was an inventory purchase and trucked up from Florida. I've been unable to get anyone a Tesla to respond.
I’ll check it out if I can. Can you tell me part of your vin?

Last edited:
reminder to those taking delivery:

Section 7

your welcome
They stipulate VIN as a requirement to opt out. If they have not changed this agreement to use Reservation Number instead, maybe the 30 day time period does not start as stated...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid