Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be out of the loop. Source?
Sorry, not out of the loop. When the official Lucid numbers came out, there was pure SPECULATION on this thread about maybe Elon sandbagging the official range numbers until Lucid's numbers were official. Hopes for a software update that increased our range were based on nothing but that speculation. Don't think we get that kind of range without 4860s or a bigger pack (neither of which we have).

Sorry, not out of the loop. When the official Lucid numbers came out, there was pure SPECULATION on this thread about maybe Elon sandbagging the official range numbers until Lucid's numbers were official. Hopes for a software update that increased our range were based on nothing but that speculation. Don't think we get that kind of range without 4860s or a bigger pack (neither of which we have).
It was not "speculation" lol. It was actually said by sources. It may still be true, I dunno. Now it's more unlikely, but still.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
It was not "speculation" lol. It was actually said by sources. It may still be true, I dunno. Now it's more unlikely, but still.
FWIW, my Tessie app consistently states I have 92-93 kWh usable battery pack. My car now charges to a 330-335 mile range so there was some mild degradation. This after 15,000 miles.

Im not sure that means much of anything, but I can say I would enjoy a software range bump.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FWIW, my Tessie app consistently states I have 92-93 kWh usable battery pack. My car now charges to a 330-335 mile range so there was some mild degradation. This after 15,000 miles.

Im not sure that means much of anything, but I can say I would enjoy a software range bump.
Yeah it would be cool! Although out of the two sandbagged things that were rumored (power bumps, and range increases), I think power increases would be more likely.

Reactions: Bull and uthatcher
So how would a new owner, outside of knowing what old vs new even looks like, know if they got new lights? The NGHB option won't be enabled yet. I guess the new lights would have a new part number?
Yes, they would have a different part number most likely.
Exterior wise, the lights will be quite distinguishable, as they will be darker inside, and have 2 main projector beams instead of the many reflectors in the old lights. Inside the light, there is also a central plastic divider inside the lens that divides both projectors. Also, the corner light (the piece that swoops down underneath top of the LED DRL), is smaller now as well:
FIyycitX0AA-p28

Great question, focus the steam underneath and slowly pull back on the holder. The adhesive will gradually release with the stream moving upwards getting trapped creating a hot sauna under your plate frame bracket. It will pop off in a few moments. Slow and steady!
I ended up using a hairdryer and the fishing line. The buffing of the adhesive took some paint off the bumper. Oh well, time for the paint kit, I live in AZ so I already have small chips in the hood anyway.

So you cant delay once youve had your vin?
I had my Plaid VIN for 4 days when I asked for a delay, which they granted. I'd like the lights, but my actual reason was that my trade is waiting on a necessary warranty repair concession for which the parts haven't arrived yet and I'm just hoping they arrive within the 30 days.

The text said: "We can proceed with releasing the current VIN assigned and place your order on hold 30 days. If the repair is completed early, we can lift this hold early to put you back in line sooner. Will that work for you".

To which I confirmed it would work.

So definitely not happening with this refresh and may not even happen a year from now?

I wouldn’t take any service center employees answer as definitive. No offense to any of them but many have shown to know very little about the current product let alone any future products.

For an example, after a bit of time when the model 3 received the new center console, I went to a showroom to ask about the model y getting one soon and that I heard it was rumored.

Two different Tesla people both responded to me "oh no, the model y is still too new. The model 3 only got the new center console because of it being older. There's no confirmation at all the model y will ever get it."

Long story short, Tesla started shipping model y with the new center consoles about a week later.

They have absolutely no idea at best, lie at worst.

After my experience with Tesla's people in 2021 I wouldn't ever waste my time again to ask any question, regardless of how small. When I'd go chat with them about random Tesla stuff they know less than the average reddit user. It's actually quite sad.

Last edited:
Yes, they would have a different part number most likely.
Exterior wise, the lights will be quite distinguishable, as they will be darker inside, and have 2 main projector beams instead of the many reflectors in the old lights. Inside the light, there is also a central plastic divider inside the lens that divides both projectors. Also, the corner light (the piece that swoops down underneath top of the LED DRL), is smaller now as well:
FIyycitX0AA-p28
Maybe we ask people who are taking delivery of new 2022 MS to post a pic of their front headlamps as a sure way of knowing yay or nay.

Hi all,
1) new lights - the S online owner's manual references adaptive lights if equipped.
2) my baby is in the shop :( i had the appointment for the center console light and some other minor things. however, last night something happened i havetn' heard about here, and i'll cross post:
showing my buddy insane mode, he was ready, so i floored it. yeah, he laughed like on a roller coaster. so when he was ready, i did it again....and it was like the millenium falcon in almost every star wars movie when it clunked out - never happened before - i got the turtle, the car sorta sputtered (how can an electric car sputter)? got a messeage like "redueced power, exiting and re-entering the vehicle may resolve" and i had to limp along at 30 mph max. If i floored it, it stayed that way. if i pressed "harder" so beyond just flooring it, i'd get a red message to pull over right away.
this kept happening. i'd "restart" the car, maybe it would work right, maybe not) and then when it would act normally, a flooring of it would bring back the turtle.
happened about 5 times last night, including on a highway (i thought maybe the cameras thought i was being a jerk)
tried again today, same thing.
Error codes: DI_a082, a081, a012, etc.
so, now i have a loaner 2017 X P90D (big learning curve, big car, feels like old tech) and i hope to see my little buddy in a week or so...
2022-02-06 21.05.19.jpg

Hi all,
1) new lights - the S online owner's manual references adaptive lights if equipped.
2) my baby is in the shop :( i had the appointment for the center console light and some other minor things. however, last night something happened i havetn' heard about here, and i'll cross post:
showing my buddy insane mode, he was ready, so i floored it. yeah, he laughed like on a roller coaster. so when he was ready, i did it again....and it was like the millenium falcon in almost every star wars movie when it clunked out - never happened before - i got the turtle, the car sorta sputtered (how can an electric car sputter)? got a messeage like "redueced power, exiting and re-entering the vehicle may resolve" and i had to limp along at 30 mph max. If i floored it, it stayed that way. if i pressed "harder" so beyond just flooring it, i'd get a red message to pull over right away.
this kept happening. i'd "restart" the car, maybe it would work right, maybe not) and then when it would act normally, a flooring of it would bring back the turtle.
happened about 5 times last night, including on a highway (i thought maybe the cameras thought i was being a jerk)
tried again today, same thing.
Error codes: DI_a082, a081, a012, etc.
so, now i have a loaner 2017 X P90D (big learning curve, big car, feels like old tech) and i hope to see my little buddy in a week or so...
View attachment 765967

My Rover did that one time when driving it hard. They found a carbon deposit came lose and went into the throttle body. Have Service check your throttle body...