Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
alright my friends. last post from me. It has been great shooting the *sugar* with you all over the last year, lots of good times and memories.

I won't waste too much time here but I decided to skip the Model S. If you read my most recent posts then youll know why but between reading everyones stories here on having to get service right after picking up their cars to the terrible tesla customer service to vibrations to buzzing yokes to arnr not working right to the changing policies that i feel are becoming more anti consumer....i just couldnt get over the thoughts of taking a $100k car that will probably have so many issues that ill be very disappointed.

if i am being honest when i saw the first model s they tried to give me that had at least 3-5 issues and then tried to make me feel dumb for declining it that was probably the last straw for me anyway. i enjoyed driving the plaid a month or so ago but not enough to get those thoughts out of my head.

with that and for anyone who cares i decided to go with a gently used audi s4 that im picking up tomorrow....yes...i went back to gas 🙈

there just arent any evs on the market right now that check all the boxes for me but i think that day is far off. in fact i sold the id4 in november and got a hold of a rav 4 prime which is a great car and enough ev range to drive around without gas. quick as hell too.

while i didnt think id go this way i really wanted cars that fit my quality needs and were fun to drive. my hope is that with all the new evs coming out over the next year we can sell the s4 and get one like the porsche macan ev or something.

but anyway...i felt like i spent too much time here to just disappear but i wont have anything to add and probably havent for a while lol so i will let you enjoy your cars and maybe ill lurk around and rejoin you some day in the future. i do hope tesla figures the *sugar* out on the customer service and quality side because these cars are fun and forward thinking. but i digress.

love you all and wish you the best

❤️❤️❤️Tigers
Figured you all needed a reminder of what a BEAST the Tesla refresh is and how GORGEOUS these cars are -

We celebrated our Teslaversary this week (ordered on Valentine's Day last year together and Contessa was delivered on 7/3). Hubby drove Contessa down to San Onofre this morning since his ICE car was making noise and emitting weird smells.

Over 5,500 miles and enjoying each one. Worth the wait!

View attachment 770366

Couldn't find two more contrasting posts, just minutes apart!

Yep. MYP had less than 4k miles only 6 months old.

Just thinking about that service issue makes me want to buy a Taycan. Ugh.
Time to start calling out the location of Service Center when they make obvious errors such as this. That way others can get a heads up to verify ahead of time that the repair IS and WILL BE repaired under warranty!! No stress!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, absolutely. They use quality rubber. It breaks in after the first 1000 miles I found.
Thanks! I think you're right. I took my car in for the airbag recall yesterday and they replaced the front drivers side and passengers side door seals to take care of the adhesive leaking issue. When I got home, I had to keep going back to re-close the doors b/c they were harder to close again. I guess I broke them in before (and it wasn't as much me getting used to them) and now gotta break them in again.

FYI, the Irvine Service Center is huge and checking in and getting service was very quick and painless. I guess we're pretty lucky in California as I have 3 Tesla Service Centers within 25 minutes of my house.

IMG_4754.jpg

Thanks! I think you're right. I took my car in for the airbag recall yesterday and they replaced the front drivers side and passengers side door seals to take care of the adhesive leaking issue. When I got home, I had to keep going back to re-close the doors b/c they were harder to close again. I guess I broke them in before (and it wasn't as much me getting used to them) and now gotta break them in again.

FYI, the Irvine Service Center is huge and checking in and getting service was very quick and painless. I guess we're pretty lucky in California as I have 3 Tesla Service Centers within 25 minutes of my house.

View attachment 770545
Yes, you are lucky one. In Poland I have 3 near SC, each is around 360km/220miles from my home. 🙃

I'm having full PPF done the first week in March when I'm traveling for work. I had it on my 3 and it kept the car looking showroom new for 4 years and really enhanced my joy of ownership.
I got it back today, they did an amazing job! It’s pre-cut, but they still somehow edge wrapped it all, so no seams at all. Price was great, full Suntek for $3800Cdn, plus $1200 for the full ceramic.

1645145970274.png

I should be getting my baby back tomorrow - i had it 17 days. it's then been in the shop 11, tomorrow will make 12 days.
are we having fun yet?
I feel ya, I've had mine since June, and it's been in the shop (mostly just waiting on parts!) for over 5 weeks total (over 4 separate occasions) and I was abroad for 3 months and just got back to the US, and needless to say, I realllly missed it. I totally forgot just how amazing the car was! On a flip side, I did find out that leaving the car unplugged for 3 months was possible haha

Time to start calling out the location of Service Center when they make obvious errors such as this. That way others can get a heads up to verify ahead of time that the repair IS and WILL BE repaired under warranty!! No stress!
I think it would be useful to understand more about the repair and reason for denying the warranty claim.

Just got my VIN! NF471, so a fairly recent build I think, though unlikely to include updated lights (which is fine). After a long 8 months of waiting, I'm so excited to finally be able to pick up this automotive marvel! I ordered 6/28, and I'm RN1151.

EDD moved from 3/20-3/31 all the way back to 2/21-2/27, so I imagine the car is already in KC or getting very close to being there. I'm hoping it doesn't have a ton of flaws, though I'm honestly not as picky as many people, and will almost certainly accept the car and schedule an appointment to tighten things down unless the wheels fall off or it's missing doors ;-).

For my friends in the Black/White LR club, I'll be sure to post lots of photos once I pick it up to tide you over until your car arrives! Thanks to this forum for helping me keep my sanity these past 8 months!

I think it would be useful to understand more about the repair and reason for denying the warranty claim.
Any reason for denying a legitimate claim on a car with 4,000 miles in normal use is unacceptable. Especially when there is known history of HVAC issues. All I am saying is to name the service center, report the facts. Not bashing them.

Any reason for denying a legitimate claim on a car with 4,000 miles in normal use is unacceptable. Especially when there is known history of HVAC issues. All I am saying is to name the service center, report the facts. Not bashing them.
Exactly my point. We know nothing about the legitimacy of the claim and it would be useful to understand the situation better.

This was for my 2021 MYP btw. A strong chemical smell from the HVAC only when it rained or when water was poured on the windshield. This issue was present immediately after delivery. Service advisor said there was a bad batch of filters so they would put a new one in. At pickup they charged me for a new filter and AC cleaning service since they considered it normal maintenance. Ha.

Frankly I am used to these shenanigans since I have owned a Tesla since 2017. I try to avoid the Service Center as much as possible.

Buckle up

This was for my 2021 MYP btw. A strong chemical smell from the HVAC only when it rained or when water was poured on the windshield. This issue was present immediately after delivery. Service advisor said there was a bad batch of filters so they would put a new one in. At pickup they charged me for a new filter and AC cleaning service since they considered it normal maintenance. Ha.

Frankly I am used to these shenanigans since I have owned a Tesla since 2017. I try to avoid the Service Center as much as possible.
I see, that helps us understand better for sure, thanks.

I tend to think I would have raised a bit of a stink about paying, since the car obviously did not need a new filter or AC cleaning at 4000 miles. But that’s easy for me to say with not being there and all.

Last edited: