Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it back today, they did an amazing job! It’s pre-cut, but they still somehow edge wrapped it all, so no seams at all. Price was great, full Suntek for $3800Cdn, plus $1200 for the full ceramic.

View attachment 770597
This is beautiful. I love the deep blue shade. I would certainly keep this car behind a barb wire fence.

i-want-to-believe-maluch-poster.jpg

Hey, wait a minute….

Yup lol! Cool to see final details on it.
Looks to be a 219.158kWh gross capacity;
and 1325kg pack weight times 158Wh/kg (and then divided by 1000) yields 209.35kWh of usable energy.
And 9,063 pounds is the final curb weight lol. Now, one interesting thing is that the truck was tested at 10,000 pounds, showing that they tested it with a 937 pound payload. So real world range could be close to or better then that 329 official number.
Man, that thing is going to go through tires like I go through socks!

Is a Plaid with 21" wheels all about sustainability? That's a lot of efficiency given up for nicer looking wheels and crazy acceleration.
That’s a fair point. I would argue though that at least the car is built on a platform that offers one of the highest range EV’s made. And a Plaid is pretty efficient even with 21’s.

The Hummer weighs 9000lbs. That’s more than an F350 dually. The battery weighs 3000 lbs, more than some entire new cars.

I’m certainly anti-GM biased, I know this. But they’ve earned it. I grew up in GM products and have a lot of history with them. I find the optics of the Hummer being so over the top off putting. And I find the that the Suoer Bowl add was more than just a touch ironic.

Anyone that bags on Tesla and their service and quality should do a little research on GM.

Interesting. There is no pic fully showing the back of the model s. Makes me want to cancel my delivery.
Agree, noticed the same..... You CAN JUST make out the cross bar looks to go into the tail lights from the side picture but most wouldn't be looking that hard and if TESLA ever adds pictures of the new design, I don't feel like that side shot would have to be removed, few would notice the contradiction...

Capture.JPG

Agree, noticed the same..... You CAN JUST make out the cross bar looks to go into the tail lights from the side picture but most wouldn't be looking that hard and if TESLA ever adds pictures of the new design, I don't feel like that side shot would have to be removed, few would notice the contradiction...

View attachment 770828
People would notice the new charge door though, so they'd have to change it no doubt.😃

Last edited:
Yup lol! Cool to see final details on it.
Looks to be a 219.158kWh gross capacity;
and 1325kg pack weight times 158Wh/kg (and then divided by 1000) yields 209.35kWh of usable energy.
And 9,063 pounds is the final curb weight lol. Now, one interesting thing is that the truck was tested at 10,000 pounds, showing that they tested it with a 937 pound payload. So real world range could be close to or better then that 329 official number.
I think the numbers are even worse than that...car & driver says "The document shows that the Edition 1 model, the only version available at launch, has an Ultium battery with a usable capacity of 212.7 kWh......The data also shows a battery capacity of 617 amp-hours. Multiplied by its 400-volt operating voltage, that yields 246.8 kWh...."

Horrendously large battery for the range lol. Cool vehicle though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think the numbers are even worse than that...car & driver says "The document shows that the Edition 1 model, the only version available at launch, has an Ultium battery with a usable capacity of 212.7 kWh......The data also shows a battery capacity of 617 amp-hours. Multiplied by its 400-volt operating voltage, that yields 246.8 kWh...."

Horrendously large battery for the range lol. Cool vehicle though.
Yeah they calculated that wrong. They used peak (or maximum) voltage for that calculation. That's like using the 462 max voltage of the Model S, which would give 118kWh, which is obviously wrong. (256 amp-hours*462v=118,000Wh; ÷1000= 118kWh.)
You have to use nominal voltage for the gross capacity calculation, which in the Hummer's case is around 355 volts. Then 355*617÷1000= 219kWh.

Yeah they calculated that wrong. They used peak (or maximum) voltage for that calculation. That's like using the 462 max voltage of the Model S, which would give 118kWh, which is obviously wrong. (256 amp-hours*462v=118,000Wh; ÷1000= 118kWh.)
You have to use nominal voltage for the gross capacity calculation, which in the Hummer's case is around 355 volts. Then 355*617÷1000= 219kWh.
I dig it when you geek out.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid