Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most that dislike the current taillights are not due to aesthetics unlit but the type of LED design used. I am imagining this will be the comparison of the new vs. old tails -

YES THANK YOU. Although the general shape and look is still nice, I'm so sick of those mid 2000s-era taillights with those individual LEDs. To me (YMMV), it dates the car massively. Too big, too blocky, too much red, and too old for a car of this technological advancement. Makes the car look cheap and as if no one at the factory noticed that they're still using 2010 tech in their newest product. The new lights are MUCH more modern IMO.

But seriously, I nor my passenger’s will ever see that view. Come on man, you’re grasping for straws now! 🤣
Then why do you care what the exterior looks like at all?

I'm hoping this latest tweet is true. My EDD is now March 7-31 so I'd be receiving one of the first with new, modern design. No way an in taking the 2010 design.

YES THANK YOU. Although the general shape and look is still nice, I'm so sick of those mid 2000s-era taillights with those individual LEDs. To me (YMMV), it dates the car massively. Too big, too blocky, too much red, and too old for a car of this technological advancement. Makes the car look cheap and as if no one at the factory noticed that they're still using 2010 tech in their newest product. The new lights are MUCH more modern IMO.
Yes, the new lights themselves do look better. I take issue with the overall cheapened look of the rear - with that body colored unintegrated appliqué! 🤣

Last edited:
Then why do you care what the exterior looks like at all?

I'm hoping this latest tweet is true. My EDD is now March 7-31 so I'd be receiving one of the first with new, modern design. No way an in taking the 2010 design.
Well, because I see the exterior every time I approach the car. I will never approach the car with the tail/brake lights lit because I’m the only one in the driver’s seat! 🤣

You will see. Tail light would always turn on at night when the car is unlocked.
I thought it just flashed?
Alibaba will have the retrofit within 12 months time guys.
4EB082C4-8F92-4298-8132-690ABC950FD3.jpeg

Exactly. I did not want to buy the S a few years ago because I felt the old interior and individual LEDs on the tail was dated. I almost did not order the S last year because the tail light did not get updated. So the last couple of month with sightings on updated light has been very exciting as I felt now I will be getting the completed refresh car.

Last edited:
Exactly. I did not want to buy the S a few years ago because I felt the old interior and individual LEDs on the tail was dated. I almost did not order the S last year because the tail light did not get updated. So the last couple of month with sightings on updated light has gotten me pretty excited as I felt now I will be getting the completed refresh car.
Let's hope the tails actually look cool at night...

MSLR RN1160 VIN471 ordered Nov 2021
SoCal pick up of a beautiful blue, cream interior with 19" wheels. I'd never been in a tesla before ordering this sight unseen. It's gorgeous! Yoke, turn signals and horn just took a few minutes of practice. 4 defects noted and service scheduled: broken tail light lense, misaligned panels in bed of hatch, bare dust nib showing white on hatch, some strap scratches on hatch glass. Everything else is flawless. Rest of paint perfect, gaps perfect, rubber perfect, wheels perfect, interior all perfect. Single peddle driving is awesome! Excellent car. Now to remove the front license plate holder and apply PPF (clear Suntek) myself.
Self-application of PPF? That’s a first. Presumably you’re experienced.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid