Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on the fence as far as these are concerned. Apart from the drop, any impact on ride quality or behavior in general? (i am actually hoping you can turn me away from these lol)
Well, I like my black ones. No change to ride quality as damping is independent of height with an air suspension. These are not coilovers! Adjustability is the selling point to me. Not sure I would install fixed drop links.

Well, I like my black ones. No change to ride quality as damping is independent of height with an air suspension. These are not coilovers! Adjustability is the selling point to me. Not sure I would install fixed drop links.
Thanks for the reply! I am new to this product, hence the noob questions lol
How easy is it to adjust? I guess you have to take the wheels off for that everytime.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, we need a side-by-side of the old/new brake lights. Safety wise, it seems like the old style is brighter than the incoming designer defused..
C5384517-942F-4735-9147-553E9CC7DDB5.png
. Thoughts?

Well, I trust my eyes and the new tails seem less bright than the old. Side-by-side, please. Same for the headlights (and not some rendered simulation like has been posted before)….
Mhm. Just remember that raw brightness doesn't mean anything. It's how the brightness is projected onto the road that matters. Same thing as having a really powerful stereo with no clarity, or a really powerful car with no traction.

Also, what sim are you referring to?:)

Mhm. Just remember that raw brightness doesn't mean anything. It's how the brightness is projected onto the road that matters. Same thing as having a really powerful stereo with no clarity, or a really powerful car with no traction.

Also, what sim are you referring to?:)
Mainly brake lights. I prefer not to get rear-ended. Brighter is better for those distracted. On the headlights, would love to see how much better the new ones are - perhaps a side-by-side shining on a wall, garage, etc.

Mainly brake lights. I prefer not to get rear-ended. Brighter is better for those distracted. On the headlights, would love to see how much better the new ones are - perhaps a side-by-side shining on a wall, garage, etc.
Just because they appear to be brighter doesn't mean they actually are. I could almost guarantee you that they are not less bright. They may appear to be as there's less lights, but in reality that's likely mot the case.
Screenshot_20220301-130940_YouTube.jpg

Also what simulation were you referring to?

Reactions: VikH
Just because they appear to be brighter doesn't mean they actually are. I could almost guarantee you that they are not less bright. They may appear to be as there's less lights, but in reality that's likely mot the case.
View attachment 775382

Also what simulation were you referring to?

Side by side, please…. From owners. @WilliamG and I can do it once he gets his new plaid. But, that’s a month out, soooo

Re simulation - there was a side by side picture posted somewhere recently comparing matrix led tech to old light tech. Over done marketing kind of side by side. Not looking for that kind of BS, just a new and old plaid side by side. Not rocket science.

• Informative
Side by side, please…. From owners. @WilliamG and I can do it once he gets his new plaid. But, that’s a month out, soooo

Re simulation - there was a side by side picture posted somewhere recently comparing matrix led tech to old light tech. Over done marketing kind of side by side. Not looking for that kind of BS, just a new and old plaid side by side. Not rocket science.
Ahh I gotcha! Yeah hope we can see that soon!

Reactions: jebinc
Hi all....haven't been on these forums since delivery of Signature Model S and follow on Model S in 2012/2013....Here's some info on cars recently ordered:
Order date 2/14/22
Black on Black Plaid w 19" wheels
Got VIN assigned this morning 472673
Delivery to house on Friday, March 4

Hoping for updates....but will let y'all know if new lights, etc. are included....

Ordered another regular Model S in January but est. delivery in June...

Not this….

27992EF4-3D84-42BF-873B-8B6152379F6F.jpeg