Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lbowroom Right, but that doesn’t stop a zealot from posting it claiming greatness - as was the case on FB! Of course, the matrix LEDs are better, but I would still like to see a genuine side by side for my own edification.

Just drive your Model Y. You know how much better the lights are!

Model S is like driving with a disco ball of shadows everywhere on the road.
Model Y is like driving with the crispest of flashlights in front of you, and much greater throw.

Does anyone here visit non-Tesla forums or Facebook groups? The amount of Tesla bashing is unreal and the ignorance is shocking. Can be quite entertaining on a dull day. "Tesla boring, I want v8s" is the most common theme. Do they even know their v8 will be reduced to a pile ash by a Plaid at a stop light? I bet these are the very people who complained about sending communication when email came around and swore allegiance to their fax machines coz "sound"

Last edited:
Does anyone here visit non-Tesla forums or Facebook groups? The amount of Tesla bashing is unreal and the ignorance is shocking. Can be quite entertaining on a dull day. "Tesla boring, I want v8s" is the most common theme. Do they even know their v8 will be reduced to a pile ash by a Plaid at a stop light? I bet these are very people who complained about sending communication when email came around and swore allegiance to their fax machines coz "sound"
Aw yeah I don't even bother. The occasional dumb comments on YT vids are enough lol! Especially when the Plaid first launched, and all of the modders came out and kept saying dumb crap like "My *insert car with $45k+worth of mods* will take it after 130"! And I'm like NOPE. Nearly flat power curve babeh!!!!!!! Ain't NO ONE catching this thing after any speed. (Obv some corner cases sure; if you pile 200k of mods into anything you'll get it to go faster for one race). In fact, the Plaid keeps pulling with its one speed, while the ICEs have to shift and get slower after every shift with transmission losses. Nasty surprise when they figure that out lol!

Reactions: ssv22
Question for the group here: would you take delivery of your Plaid if you didn't have a way to garage it (yet)?

It's taken longer than anticipated for my wife and I to buy a home with a larger garage where we can have both our Model X and the Plaid in the garage, and now it's finally decision day. Am I crazy for taking delivery of a $120k vehicle and then parking it outside? The choice is complicated by the fact that if I delay again I'll lose out on the $120k price.

And yes, I already asked if we could park the Plaid in the garage since it's newer, but the wife put the kibosh on that one. 😅

Let me put it this way - My MS is five years old next month. My office is a covered lot but at home on nights and weekends I park in the driveway (my wife's MB gets the garage along with a bunch of junk we need to get rid of). I charge outside. My paint when clean looks just fine. Would I do this if I was parked outside in the sun all day, every day? NO!

Does anyone here visit non-Tesla forums or Facebook groups? The amount of Tesla bashing is unreal and the ignorance is shocking. Can be quite entertaining on a dull day. "Tesla boring, I want v8s" is the most common theme. Do they even know their v8 will be reduced to a pile ash by a Plaid at a stop light? I bet these are very people who complained about sending communication when email came around and swore allegiance to their fax machines coz "sound"
Just like this forum seems to bash the MB EQS580 which I would take in a heartbeat rather than wait any longer, if any dealers had them at sticker price.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Aw yeah I don't even bother. The occasional dumb comments on YT vids are enough lol! Especially when the Plaid first launched, and all of the modders came out and kept saying dumb crap like "My *insert car with $45k+worth of mods* will take it after 130"! And I'm like NOPE. Nearly flat power curve babeh!!!!!!! Ain't NO ONE catching this thing after any speed. (Obv some corner cases sure; if you pile 200k of mods into anything you'll get it to go faster for one race). In fact, the Plaid keeps pulling with its one speed, while the ICEs have to shift and get slower after every shift with transmission losses. Nasty surprise when they figure that out lol!
Exactly. Most of the comments come from haters who have never sat in a Tesla, let alone drive one. I can understand their feelings are hurt when they have to buy a gazillion parts and spend 50k and still get ass whooped by a Tesla from factory with no mods.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just like this forum seems to bash the MB EQS580 which I would take in a heartbeat rather than wait any longer, if any dealers had them at sticker price.
Its a great car and I would take it too! In this case, the dealer bashing is in order. I, for one, am glad that I don't have to sit at a stealership for hours to haggle.

Exactly. Most of the comments come from haters who have never sat in a Tesla, let alone drive one. I can understand their feelings are hurt when they have to buy a gazillion parts and spend 50k and still get ass whooped by a Tesla from factory with no mods.
PRECISELY! One of my favorite, rather hypocritical criticisms of the Plaid and its owners is the rich guy shaming. Like "ohhh, yeah lucky you you can go blow 140k on a car, not everyone can do that, etc..."
But I'm like bro! Their car, after all is said and done, is likely more than the Plaid is! So bad lol!

Reactions: mp1024 and ssv22
They won't be satisfied until a Plaid costs less than a Tercel, has more cruising range than a diesel Jetta, is lighter than a Miata, has seating for 8, can be transformed from a 2 door to a 5 door, makes cool sounds, is sub 8 quarter mile time, laps any track faster than an F1 car, has the interior of a Rolls, and has less than 1 complaint in 1,000,000 cars sold. Even then, their will be critics about it's soul....

Hi all....haven't been on these forums since delivery of Signature Model S and follow on Model S in 2012/2013....Here's some info on cars recently ordered:
Order date 2/14/22
Black on Black Plaid w 19" wheels
Got VIN assigned this morning 472673
Delivery to house on Friday, March 4

Hoping for updates....but will let y'all know if new lights, etc. are included....

Ordered another regular Model S in January but est. delivery in June...
Welcome back!
Two things will be SPECTACULARLY different since your last Tesla
1. The car itself- your detailed comments on the contrast would be great to read, given the historical perspective you can offer like few others
2. This Forum (especially this thread) is now a little.....different. Perhaps a little more lowbrow would be the best description. But amongst the inanity, rudeness, entitlement and puerility there are still gems of information to be found.
All the best with the new delivery experience!

Hi guys,
I ordered a Plaid, Blue/Blk, no FSD (going with the monthly), on Feb 9. EDD was 4-8 weeks, then changed to June/July last week, and now it just got revised to 3/2 - 3/9. Wondering if it’s one of the models floating around before the headlight update.
No way to know this until you get a VIN. If it's in the upper 472 range or a 473, you'll get the update. Anything lower is one of the "older" ones.