Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah my 3/1 order just dated. 6/22-7/20. 😬 I guess Tesla’s idea of 4-8 weeks is different than mine! For them It’s 16-20 weeks, hah!
My original order (Plaid) said ~4 weeks or so. Then it told me like 3 months out.... and the dates shuffled around multiple times (all pretty far away)...and then in the end, with very little notice, they did end up giving me a VIN with a delivery date at like week 4. I released the VIN and paused it cause I wanted the updates.. so we'll see what happens :) But yea you might get it closer to the 4-8 weeks than they are currently estimating.

Trading in to Tesla? Out of curiosity, how much do they give you for a trade in with a battery pack that has 25 miles of range on it?
They quoted me $16,900....I submitted the car for trade-in and assumed they did their due diligence on service history since they have the car VIN, etc....I'm taking home delivery of my new car and assume they'll just load up my 2013 on the same tow they bring new one....When I was worried that it might be completely dead before I was able to trade-in, their response was it wasn't their issue and the car had to be in working order at time of trade-in....I'm at 22 miles now but I have 31 hours til delivery....Even at 20 miles, it will still be in "working order"....

I feel famous! I am away, I’m happy to send photos of whatever you guys want this weekend. I may have some that have what you want, but I’m not optimistic. Meanwhile, here’s the worst photo ever from this week…
View attachment 776220

Just try to honk the horn and you will clean the windshield instead.

Last edited:
What?! Damn ok that's not good. Wait so it doesn't charge or it's degraded down to 25 miles? If it charged would it still be above 200?

Oh cool hi there! Should/do I know you from somewhere?😀
Oh no...I was just mentioning I'm the DeDe not the John...LOL! The battery is having a failure...I don't know the technicals around it....but it started with only charging to a maximum of 150 then down to max 120....all the way down now to 22....

Oh no...I was just mentioning I'm the DeDe not the John...LOL! The battery is having a failure...I don't know the technicals around it....but it started with only charging to a maximum of 150 then down to max 120....all the way down now to 22....
Yes lol I messed this one up! Thank you for the clarification!
And ok I understand the battery problem. Strange. Although strange things do occur here and there.🙂
Yes!! LOl...made this handle 10 years ago....but I (DeDe) am the Tesla fanatic...hence my MS TSLA license plate....
Yes that makes sense lol! Awesome to see a fellow Tesla fanatic! That's what this forum is made for!😃