Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone confirm if the refresh S has ambient lighting in the doors? I had a mobile tech come by yesterday to fix a door handle on my old S and I mentioned to him that I hoped this feature will be coming soon since there are empty connectors behind the door panel, and he said it’s already there. He said he recently had to repair an ambient light in a refresh S door panel since one door’s ambient light wasn’t working on delivery. Confused.

Also my Plaid 1163 EDD just inched tighter to March 19-31. Still no VIN yet.
There’s lighting in the door pockets. He probably meant that.

No no. I mean usability-wise it will be a nightmare. So many tight roundabouts and you have to signal off them in the UK. You ever tried using the turn signals while the yoke is upside down or vertical? Not fun. Heck, I lose the signals if I have to make a right turn followed by an immediate left turn. It’s just not doable.

The funny thing is this yoke business didn’t need to happen. At the very least, I still maintain this should have been an option. Swapping out a wheel is a very quick procedure.
I don't like to admit this, but William is absolutely right on this one. Being from the land cream teas and roundabouts and having owned one of these strange yokes since November it's definitely going to be more of a problem there. It bothers me here, but at least people are used to not signaling turns here.

Only five things left to make it complete:

1.) Ambient lighting throughout.
2.) Tesla quality control and vibration fix.
3.) Steering wheel/stalks option.
4.) Automatic folding seats in the rear like the Model Y.
5.) Front bumper camera.
And 360 degree bird’s eye view! Oh, and rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring indicators on side view mirrors. Oh, and….

Hello
Another future MSLR owner here
Order RN11508… (June ‘21)
EDD 3/10-3/31, pushed multiple times

Very excited about refreshed lights and other features. Does anyone know if horn was put back to the center of the wheel?
November builds an after have the hardware in place for a center horn. Just needs a software update from Tesla to be functional. Hopefully soon?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone else place an order for a new S just for the updated lights? And planning on selling their current 21-22?
Would have done if all the following hadn't happened: Price increased by $15k since I bought it (granted some of that might be offset by increased trade in value?), spent $10k on PPF and ceramic coating etc, and if I still had my stock wheels to put on the car for trade in.
Edit: and if I wasn't married!